Bandai release schedule

Got my Star Destroyer today. Amazing detail. Agreed, twice the size would have been better, but it's a welcome addition to my collection even at 1/5000.

Don't know if any of these images have been in this thread,....hi res of the new Y-Wing & TIE

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-official-style-guide-promotional-artwork-blueprints-12.jpg
star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-official-style-guide-promotional-artwork-blueprints-3.jpg
star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-official-style-guide-promotional-artwork-blueprints-5.jpg
star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-official-style-guide-promotional-artwork-blueprints-9.jpg
star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-official-style-guide-promotional-artwork-blueprints-8.jpg

J

Trying to figure out if the Y-Wing is supposed to be a new variant (like the X-Wing is) or just a upgraded/rebuilt old frame.

A NEW model really doesn't make sense as the original dates back to the Clone Wars. It's the equivalent of a Douglass Dauntless or TBM avenger from WW2 in modern times. As Y-Wings were already outdated by the Battle of Yavin.

This shows how bad the design on these shows is. Hey remember that fighter that was old when it was in ANH that they had already replaced with the B-Wing? We're going to upgrade it -ish!

Trying to figure out if the Y-Wing is supposed to be a new variant (like the X-Wing is) or just a upgraded/rebuilt old frame.

A NEW model really doesn't make sense as the original dates back to the Clone Wars. It's the equivalent of a Douglass Dauntless or TBM avenger from WW2 in modern times. As Y-Wings were already outdated by the Battle of Yavin.

At least one Y-wing survived the Battle of Yavin. None survived the run on the Dreadnought.

Nobody liked the bombers from TLJ. The new style X-wings were a hit. Perhaps they are going retro to gain more popularity.

TazMan2000

At least one Y-wing survived the Battle of Yavin. None survived the run on the Dreadnought.

Nobody liked the bombers from TLJ. The new style X-wings were a hit. Perhaps they are going retro to gain more popularity.

TazMan2000

I personally love the design of the resistance bombers from TLJ, it’s the practical design that really irked me; the fragile armour, the really slow speed, dropping bombs vertically. If it had been more of a large y-wing firing torpedoes/bombs ahead of it, it would have made much more sense.

If anyone else is also in Japan, Yamada Denki/Lab1 currently has the cheapest price for the new Rise of Skywalker Falcon that I’ve seen , just 4125 yen.

Remember that most people here were pretty satisfied with Ep. VII being exclusively fan-service with nothing new whatsoever. Having upgraded X-Wings didn't make any more sense back then, but the audience liked it. What the fans pretended not to like were the prequels with all the new and sometimes bold designs. Seems like the Sequels made them realise that the Prequels weren't that bad after all... that the new Y-Wing doesn't get immediate applaus is a good sign for that I guess.

Sorry for the rant.

Don't know if any of these images have been in this thread,....hi res of the new Y-Wing & TIE
"new" should be put in a very big quotation marks

Are you even suprised? Disney alrady screwed up continuity putting A-wings and B-wings in Rebels show. While OT/old canon showed how much progress rebels did from ANH, moving from small movement with outdated junk into galactic alliance with newest tech, in disney continuity both fighters were already there, but different branches didnt send them on yavin because "reasons".

Remember that most people here were pretty satisfied with Ep. VII being exclusively fan-service with nothing new whatsoever. Having upgraded X-Wings didn't make any more sense back then, but the audience liked it. What the fans pretended not to like were the prequels with all the new and sometimes bold designs. Seems like the Sequels made them realise that the Prequels weren't that bad after all... that the new Y-Wing doesn't get immediate applaus is a good sign for that I guess.

Sorry for the rant.
you've already answered your own question - people realised that prequels weren't that bad, because at least they had new and sometimes bold designs. You cannot tell that about sequels, because even designs are unoriginal and bland (which also showed up how much worse prequels could be, if only Lucas was as lazy as current lucasfilm is).

Why the title below that TIE fighter says "Imperial" and not "First Order"???
Wouldnt be suprised if they just get lost in their own unoriginality and called it "imperial" instead of "FO" by mistake :p

Also, wouldnt be suprised if they resurected empire because they're just desperate to generate hype amongst those, who didnt like factions from the sequels. In my case, they need MUCH bigger bait.

These are BTA NR2 fighters, not the original BTL B fighters according to the text... my guess is that just like in Rebels, they come across a small fleet of scrapped Y Wings that perhaps aren’t even bombers and convert them for battle. Perhaps it’s the same place they dig up Tantive IV!

The New TIE has been described and being a 'Sith TIE', which fits in with the modified ISD MkIs we see in the teaser as well (both have red striping)

I read the Aerebesh. Nothing that interesting except another reference to a Sith TIE. They read:

TIE:
Department of Military Research
Classified
Sith Tie Fighter

X-wing:
T70 X Wing Fighter
Versatile
Space
Superiority
Fighter

Falcon:
YT 492727ZED
Corellian Engineering Corporation
Kessel run in 12 parsecs if you round down

Y Wing:
Koensayr Manufacturing
Workhorse starfighter
In use since the clone wars

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back