Bandai release schedule

oh I love that idea! (coz that's the Ralph McQuarrie color scheme on a resistnace x-wing, right?) Nevermind, just found your Ralph McQuarrie x-wings on the forum.

Looks amazing, congrats. Any modifications on that x-wing or is it just the Bandai kit?

I added a piece of styrene plate to cover the strip behind the droid, sanded the edges down to make them a bit more soft and curvy, made some mods to engine intakes, and modified the BB8 to look more like the McQ painting. I think that was it.

Ya know, now that they've done this version with the round dish, all they'd really have to do to give us a 1:144 OT Falcon would be to change the docking rings, side walls, and maintenance pits.

I suppose the lower hull too, but it's still way cheaper than doing it from scratch because a ton of the leg work is done.

And the cockpit tunnel ridge and the shape and size of the undersaucer maintenance pits. It's the latter part that I couldn't come up with a 3D replacement for. :)

But it's a marketing decision - Bandai have all the data they need to make an excellent 1:144 OT Falcon if they felt there'd be money in it!

And the cockpit tunnel ridge and the shape and size of the undersaucer maintenance pits. It's the latter part that I couldn't come up with a 3D replacement for. :)

But it's a marketing decision - Bandai have all the data they need to make an excellent 1:144 OT Falcon if they felt there'd be money in it!

I've been thinking of doing a complete 3d re-model of the cockpit tunnel and printing it myself. Unless you want to beat me to the punch, then be my guest and I'll buy yours.

I wish Bandai would just do an OT Falcon at 1:144. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I like the orange on then X wing. Very 1970’s retro.
Reminds me of the X wing I made awhile ago-

View attachment 1063952

I like the new colors on the Xwings, just not crazy about the pattern placement they used. Looks too fan fiction.
I love your design.
I know it sounds like I'm a crying fanboy, I'm not. Actually liked the new films.
Your design just looks so much more in line with the ship color schemes in the Star Wars universe.

I've been thinking of doing a complete 3d re-model of the cockpit tunnel and printing it myself. Unless you want to beat me to the punch, then be my guest and I'll buy yours.

You mean this?

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 01.23.18.png

The problem with the Bandai 1:144 and 1:350 Falcons is that the cockpit tunnels have ridges that are too wide. So you have to put a raised strip on either side, and then scribe that strip to match the panel lines. Of course, you also have to carefully cut out the existing ridges...

Ah - I see what you mean. Yes, I have considered that, as it would look a lot better and be less work for the model maker. However it’d be a ton of work to get the 3D model perfect. And the limitations of the Shapeways process would mean that the curved tunnel would have a bunch of print lines you’d need to spend time removing. So it’s not something currently on my list of stuff to do.

Need to finish that 1:144 X-wing canopy first. :)

Ah - I see what you mean. Yes, I have considered that, as it would look a lot better and be less work for the model maker. However it’d be a ton of work to get the 3D model perfect. And the limitations of the Shapeways process would mean that the curved tunnel would have a bunch of print lines you’d need to spend time removing. So it’s not something currently on my list of stuff to do.

Need to finish that 1:144 X-wing canopy first. :)

Maybe I'll take a crack at the Falcon cockpit tunnel at some point then. I'm down for a set of 1:144 X-wing canopy parts. I'd certainly buy that.

No one's seen any indication of Bandai Hobby model kits for the Snowtrooper or Mimban Stormtrooper, have they? I'm having too much fun with these figure kits and some of the things I want to do require bits that aren't there (such as the Snowtrooper handplates for the ROTJ Stormtrooper).

Everyone?- I do not remember that dish being triangular ever being mentioned

Sorry, I wasn't referring to therpf, but more specifically action figure forums... Or was it the youtube comment sections?

IDK, I was making arguments in one of them.

*edit* It was reddit.

1570141540723.png

Attachments

• 1570140291425.png
    1570140291425.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back