Bandai release schedule

I'm actually surprised Bandai didn't mold the engine vents in black. Now I actually have to paint something! I ordered the Falcon from an eBay vendor, just got my shipping notice...it will take ONE MONTH to arrive. And I'm in California. Sheeeeesh.

Just checked it: The Revell Level 1 Falcon has asymmetrical side walls. Maybe these could be used as a scratch guide... I'm really looking forward to seeing some clean close-ups or renderings of the CG model used in the movie. :)

Just checked it: The Revell Level 1 Falcon has asymmetrical side walls. Maybe these could be used as a scratch guide... I'm really looking forward to seeing some clean close-ups or renderings of the CG model used in the movie. :)
Isn't that just a recast of their old falcon model (with a different dish?)

I was referring to the small one with light and sound. It is a bit smaller than the Bandai, so the side walls can't be switched. They could be used for scratching, however, I have no idea if these are accurate. I'm sure it won't take long for someone to put up an enhacement kit on shapeways. But who knows, maybe Bandai is correct and the Revell is flawed..! ;)

Last edited:
Comparison to the FM kit:

1031-04.jpg

& cockpit wall....nice

1031-09.jpg

J

Q add
Pqp
Just for fun, let's compare Bandai's X-wing BB-8 with Revell's X-wing BB-8. Pathetic.

http://i.imgur.com/oBHmJrm.jpg

That made me laugh out loud. They are going to get me for a few Master Series Ties and an X-wing because I was a little late before FineMolds' SW line belllied up. But I'm not falling for any more.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link John
his is 5 Foot Millennium Falcon Bingo
Mclaren drivers tubs- check ( even MPC got this correct)
Ferrari 312B - check ( well we know Bandai have taste they would always pick a flat 12 over a V8 )
matilda & jagdpanther -check again even MPC and Revell hinted at these , move along
Wait a minute is that Mazda Rotary Engines - check, ok now I am interested these were always represented with welding slag or what looked like the inside of washing machines
8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, 8RAD, - WHAT all the 8RAD pieces represented ............
Centurion parts on rear deck and under engine- check never seen these on a falcon model before
BMW forks - CHECK really shocked this is accurate along with hurricane wing detail underneath.......
Valentine - REALLY at 1:144 scale I really cannot believe it
and to top it off Hanomag chassis plate on top of starboard Mazda rotary engine .......
YES folks it's a FALCON FULL HOUSE
im all in .......
only things I cannot see are the Apollo module.....but pretty much everything else is there
if Bandai ever release 1:48 hell even a 1:72 the modelling community will crash the Internet , seriously impressive detail for 241mm long model
i don't think my painting skills are up to this .
I just noticed the mclaren plate at the opening to the Jagdpather pit WOW

Very, very nice... Not sure I understand what's going on with the engine vents though - all that detail inside the vent, but the screen part that goes over it is solid and opaque... Hmm.

Very, very nice... Not sure I understand what's going on with the engine vents though - all that detail inside the vent, but the screen part that goes over it is solid and opaque... Hmm.

Its Bandai doing their thing......if you want to pop one of the vent covers off to display the fans, its up to you......similar to the Y-Wing nacelles......all that detail hidden beneath the cap on the front:

b_b-196694_SUB_1.jpg

Its up to you how to display it.....an option never given before,......but with PE...that gives us another option

J

Its Bandai doing their thing......if you want to pop one of the vent covers off to display the fans, its up to you......similar to the Y-Wing nacelles......all that detail hidden beneath the cap on the front:

Its up to you how to display it.....an option never given before,......but with PE...that gives us another option

J

Good point, though it makes more sense to me that the Y-wing would have that option for diorama purposes than the Falcon... Not complaining though! Now, who will have PE for this on the market first, I wonder :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back