Bandai release schedule

It's funny how Revell always seems to be rushed and have some excuse for clunky, inaccurate, toy-like models while other companies, like Bandai, manage to produce kits with superior accuracy, functionality and are cheaper to boot in the same time frame.

Well, there is one major difference: The Bandai people are Japanese..! ;)

Well, there is one major difference: The Bandai people are Japanese..! ;)

:lol Though aren't the Germans supposed to be world-renowned for attention to detail, quality and engineering?

I just want Revell to either try harder or have Disney give the Star Wars license to some company who will. In a global economy, it's ridiculous to have these territorial contracts where company A can only sell products here and company B can only sell products there. Consumers can obviously see and compare products on the Internet. If company B makes a better product, but consumers can't easily get it because of an outdated business model, then it's just a recipe for unhappy customers. Besides the fact that we'll just figure out a way to get the stuff we want anyway, so it's really just pointless obstructionism on Disney's part.

Probably because the Bandai JJ-wing is only starting to ship now. I bet we'll see less Revells once people have the new kit.

Sure, but I bet R does care a *** if the kits are actually built, they want to sell them. And they seem to have success. The quality won't change, there is no real pressure. Some bad posts in niche forums have no influence, if the people even from the same forum do buy the product afterwards.

:lol Though aren't the Germans supposed to be world-renowned for attention to detail, quality and engineering?

Apparently that stopped after July 20th, 1969... :D

(For the record: I am German...:$ )

I am more into the figures. They are gorgeous. I will soon start my Boba Fett and post a thread here. The only vehicles I have from Bandai are the Y-Wing and the AT-ST. The other ones are of lesser interest for me because they are simply too small for my taste (even though they are undeniably of high-end quality). If they would make kits in a larger scale I would switch immediately to them. Despite of their shortcomings the Revell's are larger and thus better suitable for bigger hands and easier for lighting. Maybe that is a reason for them to be picked up, too.

They said November 9th for the delivery, and these arrived today! :thumbsup

411831872.jpg

The detail in both kits is incredible to see in person and up close! The Falcon definitely blows the FM 1/144th version away. I don't know if this was mentioned before, but both kits also have two sets of stickers... waterslide and stick on versions. Interesting....

Last edited:
Yeah, IIRC, all the Bandai kits do. Nice accommodation of junior and advanced builders. Some of them have alternate cockpits with glass or no glass, which I wish FM had done.

Yeah, IIRC, all the Bandai kits do. Nice accommodation of junior and advanced builders. Some of them have alternate cockpits with glass or no glass, which I wish FM had done.

I noticed just looking at the various bags of parts that the X-Wing does have a solid clear glass (and stickers/decals to use for the trim instead of painting) and a no glass cockpit, with the no glass one being molded in silver grey along with a bunch of other parts like the landing gear and rear engine nozzles. The Poe and BB figures are crazy detailed for their size, as is the rest of the ship. Even the indentation in the back edge of the wings has very tiny detail in them.

The figures with the Falcon are TINY, and will be a challenge to paint them if I use them. For once, being nearsighted will come in handy, as I can take out my contacts and get in very close to see them. :lol

That's what I do. I have to take my glasses off and then I hold the figures right up to my eyeball and paint them!:lol

Attachments

• 0916151728a.jpg
    0916151728a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
Hurrahhhhhh, The Falcon and X-wing are now mine :)

I got both my X-wing and falcon today too.Im going to eat my words about the engine grilles,they are tiny so i dont think i will make see through vents. But i agree the Detail on both kits and especially the falcon are top notch. Its putting my MPC falcon to shame for detail.

If they make a 1/72 Falcon,it would probably be the best model kit ever produced. I could cofidently say that knowing what bandai can achieve.

Im looking forward to seeing what everyone here does with their falcon kits.

i love this kit!!!! :) :)

I remember last year people complaining, gathering pitchforks and torches at the notion of "Bandai" getting the SW license and issuing "snap together" models. LOL!!!!

To try and reduce multiple threads on bandai Falcons can whoever starts their build first create a shared thread , we can all post our interesting takes and maybe discuss painting methods as with this scale overdoing the paint will be really easy.
Group build Bandai Millennium Falcon here we come :D

To try and reduce multiple threads on bandai Falcons can whoever starts their build first create a shared thread , we can all post our interesting takes and maybe discuss painting methods as with this scale overdoing the paint will be really easy.
Group build Bandai Millennium Falcon here we come :D

I was thinking this too. I would love to finally be a part of an RPF event. And this seems like the kit to share on.

Im thought about starting to build my Falcon on saturday. Im going to paint with an airbrush. I really like the decals, so i might use them instead of trying to mask off all the tiny panels. Does anyone have any reservations for me doing this? it seems like a good idea because i can scratch them afterward.

Obviously i will paint everthing else. Also im going to utilise the LED lighting fixtures and add some styrene rod where the piping gets blocky.

Who else is up for a group build??

I was thinking this too. I would love to finally be a part of an RPF event. And this seems like the kit to share on.

Im thought about starting to build my Falcon on saturday. Im going to paint with an airbrush. I really like the decals, so i might use them instead of trying to mask off all the tiny panels. Does anyone have any reservations for me doing this? it seems like a good idea because i can scratch them afterward.

Obviously i will paint everthing else. Also im going to utilise the LED lighting fixtures and add some styrene rod where the piping gets blocky.

Who else is up for a group build??
Sounds good, title as a group build and as soon as mine arrived (shipped yesterday) I'll join yours

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back