Bandai release schedule

An FYI in case anyone is interested - Hobby Lobby currently is running 40% off ALL their model kits in stock in-store. I was very surprised to see that the Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Fighter was stocked heavily, along with the 1/72 Luke Skywalker X-wing, the ATST, The Mandalorian Beskar kit, and some sundry Micro model kits also. The 40% brought the cost for another Y-wing for me down to about $29 with tax. Happy hunting for anyone still looking for a good deal on these kits.

Over the years I have bought most of the Star Wars models produced by Bandai. Excellent details and faithfulness to the originals, and it's a shame that they have (or so it seems) abandoned the SW line.
I had only one complaint about the Bandai kits: for those (like me) who build internal lighting such as engines, cockpit etc., unfortunately the Bandai system of glueless joints that took up almost the entire interior of the model made this thing really complicated to do... and the small scale certainly didn't help.
At this point we will see what plans AMT has (and maybe even Revell, given that the quality of its latest SW kits seems to have improved).

An FYI in case anyone is interested - Hobby Lobby currently is running 40% off ALL their model kits in stock in-store. I was very surprised to see that the Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Fighter was stocked heavily, along with the 1/72 Luke Skywalker X-wing, the ATST, The Mandalorian Beskar kit, and some sundry Micro model kits also. The 40% brought the cost for another Y-wing for me down to about $29 with tax. Happy hunting for anyone still looking for a good deal on these kits.

No Y-Wing kits at my local Hobby Lobby, but they do have these

1/48 AT-ST
Deathstar II and mini Star Destroyer set
1/72 X-Wing
1/144 Slave-1
1/144 Millennium Falcon
1/12 Boba and Mando

box scale Razor Crest and 1/144 Vader Tie/regular Tie and X-Wing

The AT-ST, Boba Fett and the variant re-boxings of the X-Wing, and the small 1/144 Tie set have perpetually been restocked

I am guessing these seem to be the "best sellers" or at least the bread and butter keeping the line alive

It would sure be nice to see other kits, even if they are not new toolings

Love to see repops of the speeder bike for example, or battle droids etc...

Heck, even the regular 1/72 tie would be nice

Over the last few months I've accumulated a small stash of the Bandai kits, buying all their Imperial vehicles except for the TIE Striker because it's not OT. I wish they were a tad larger and the scales are all over the place but I love the engineering, accuracy and super fine detail.

Do they still have the Star Wars license? I really wish they'd produce a TIE Bomber and Lambda Shuttle, they're the only OT Imperial ships I'm missing. Think I'l have to buy the Revell Shuttle even though it doesn't seem all that great of a kit.

Last edited:
I’m hoping we’ll get a Professor Huyang model kit soon. I need it for my droid collection, but the Black Series one leaves much to be desired in my opinion.

If you have been looking for the Bandai 1/72 TIE Interceptor, Steve aka Cult TV Man has some in stock.

I don't know who else may have them now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back