Bandai release schedule

Paint it black,...save a fortune on that cloaking device:cool

J

I compared both the x-wings. it is the same but just painted differently. i thought it may have some differences but cant see any from the pics. this maybe a no brainer lol

Im going to paint mine black and orange, im not a fan of the white and blue, it just looks to plain.

And as always, HobbySearch has the sprues and the instruction manual, gives you an idea of how the built up kit's going to look like. You have to change between open/closed doors and extended/retracted ramp on the Slave I, they're not movable.
Slave I: http://www.1999.co.jp/10343230
Boba Fett: http://www.1999.co.jp/10343220

Im going to paint mine black and orange, im not a fan of the white and blue, it just looks to plain.

TBH I'm a little on the fence about the black and orange paint job, reminded me too much of my old legos and toy cars. :p

I guess, the difference is the head of the Astromech / BB8 or BBwhatever - in Poe's black X-Wing it seems to be another droid then BB8. And yes, my Slave I is paid for, too. :rolleyes It's not only the ramp of the Slave I; it seems to have the rotating Cockpit again (which was not on the Fine Molds, because it was stated as "wrong", if i remember correctly...?) and if you want to use the "blaster-effects" you have to change both of the cannons!

Besides: Is there an alternative stand from Bandai? The instruction shows something retractable (right side, below step 4-3:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig34/10343230z10.jpg

Last edited:
I hate this stand. I would gladly pay more for a full landing platform.

Please, somebody...make a 1/144 cloud city landing platform kit

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm really liking the Figuarts Phasma.

image.jpg

2 Questions:
1) The Figuarts figures are unrestricted correct?

2) Are the Figuarts figures the same scale as the Bandai Figure Model kits?

Chris

Last edited:
YEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

1) yes

2) yes/almost (some are a tad smaller but the latest editions should be OK). They should display very nicely side by side.

Thanks for that info Hunk a Junk! Also, while we're on the subject of black spaceships, there was one on an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They had to make it glossy and light it very brightly so that it could be photographed. Yes, black is a cheap way to be stealthy in space, but it could also work against you (mid-space collisions with your own ships).
There's no news about a 1/12 TIE, but I don't see why they shouldn't do it. The sandtrooper was obviously just an upgrade of the stormtrooper kit, so a TIE pilot would need to be an entirely new tool. Eventually, I'd like to see the TIE pilot, the AT-AT pilot and a snowtrooper. And of course, the clone versions too.

I guess, the difference is the head of the Astromech / BB8 or BBwhatever - in Poe's black X-Wing it seems to be another droid then BB8. And yes, my Slave I is paid for, too. :rolleyes It's not only the ramp of the Slave I; it seems to have the rotating Cockpit again (which was not on the Fine Molds, because it was stated as "wrong", if i remember correctly...?) and if you want to use the "blaster-effects" you have to change both of the cannons!

Besides: Is there an alternative stand from Bandai? The instruction shows something retractable (right side, below step 4-3:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig34/10343230z10.jpg

That's Bandai Action Base stand that can be bought from HLJ.

Just confirmed that HLJ has my Slave I and Bob A. Fett on the way. Whoo-hoo! But that also means it's my last Bandai Star Wars shipment from HLJ. :(

Speculation for Bandai's next OT kits. The big kahuna missing from their collection is the OT Falcon. In my perfect world, they'd base it on the 5-footer and have bottom hull options for either the 3-gear (ANH) or 5-gear (TESB and ROTJ) versions. In the real world, it's more likely they're repackage their TFA kit with a round radar dish -- which is an acceptable alternative IMHO.

As for other major vehicles, the next big four would have to be A-Wing, B-Wing, AT-AT and Tyderium shuttle. It would be nice to see capital ships like the star destroyer and Blockade Runner, but these would likely be larger, more expensive kits. I think we'll see a star destroyer eventually, but maybe not until after they sell a ton of the fighter kits. After that, they could do an escape pod, probe droid and Twin-Pod cloud car. More unlikely: Jabba's sail barge and skiffs (though I'd buy in a heartbeat if they did it).

For figures, they need a snowtrooper, Imperial guard, TIE pilot and AT-AT pilot to round out the "helmeted Imperials" line-up (I'll assume they won't bother with the Death Star gunner).

Am I missing any realistic OT options? (I'm assuming no one really needs a Bandai Sy Snoodles kit)

If Bandai moves on to the PT era (and I hope they do!), the best place to start, in my opinion, is with clonetrooper kits. Keep that line-up going. Then a Jango Fett with some sweet chrome. When they move on to vehicles, start with a fan-favorite design like the Republic gunship.

Man, hopefully Bandai keeps their license for a long time because there are a LOT of potential kits out there!

If they ever did the Snowtrooper, I would like either optional parts to make the Officer or a seperate kit for the Officer. I've always liked the look of the Officer SnowTroopers, well I like all the Snowtroopers. Their blank masks always looked so scary to me. Very intimidating.

Chris

If they ever did the Snowtrooper, I would like either optional parts to make the Officer or a seperate kit for the Officer. I've always liked the look of the Officer SnowTroopers, well I like all the Snowtroopers. Their blank masks always looked so scary to me. Very intimidating.

Chris
Yeah,

The first kenner toys I ever got were the snowtrooper, han in hoth gear and the imperial hoth attack playset.

It would be nice if they did more OT kits. They sure as heck pump out enough Gundam Garbage at every size and price point. Alas, I am afraid they will concentrate on the new movies from here on out.

One you missed, that I would like to see, is a Sandcrawler. Maybe not popular enough but a great design.

One you missed, that I would like to see, is a Sandcrawler. Maybe not popular enough but a great design.

I could see that being popular. Probably more so than, say, the escape pod or twin-pod cloud car. For that matter, they could do Luke's landspeeder. The Revell one (surprise) was pretty meh.

I've never done any resin casting. But that 1/4 Bespin Platform seems like a good place to start. My 1/144 FM Falcon would look great on one of those too.

It will be a two year gap between episode VII and VIII so there may be plenty of time to revisit some more OT kits.

Also with Rogue One taking place right before Episode IV we may see some familiar tech from the OT in that movie

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back