Done / Completed Back To The Future Marty McFly Jacket IN LEATHER

dannylopuz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, it's 2015, and we need some futuristic jackets by now! I started to work with my leather maker and I'm pleased to show you this: the brand new, 100% leather Marty McFly 2015 jacket. Incredibly comfortable, we used texturized red leather in a 100% functional, very durable jacket, so you can use it in both cons and in your daily wardrobe. Take a look at the pics!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Sizes:

Size
Back
Sleeve
Chest
Waist
S
47cm/18.5"
62cm/24.5"
53cm/20.8"
50cm/19.6"
M
49cm/19"
64cm/25.2"
55cm/21.6"
52cm/20.4"
L
51cm/19.5"
66cm/26"
58cm/22.8"
55cm/21.6"
XL
53cm/20.5"
68cm/26.7"
60cm/23.6"
58cm/22.8"
Keep in mind that sizes may vary for about an inch.Extra sizes available upon request.

How to measure: Take the measurements from a jacket your size laid flat, preferably, the jacket you like how it fits the best, then compare the measurements to the table.

attachment.jpg

I'm starting the run in about a week and a half, they would take aroud five weeks to be ready. The final price would be $335 dlls plus $35 shipping.

As always, questions are welcome!

First Run:
warrenhouck - paid - size M - SENT
Rickhemingway
- paid - size L SENT
andrew25rs
- paid - size L - SENT
agliarept- paid - size XL SENT
Klen - paid - size S - SENT
MattgomeryBurns
- paid - size M - SENT
Tuckanator
- paid - size M - SENT
GRINCH - paid - size L - SENT
Irishmidz - paid - size M - SENT

dinoignacio - paid - size S - SENT

Second Run

Tribal Spaceman
- partial payment - size XL
HanSewLow - paid - size S
dstone
- paid - size L
Cappadrinksbeer - paid - size XS

IMG-20150731-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20150731-WA0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a dumb question but does the 100% leather and extra comfy factor reduce the screen accuracy at all? It looks pretty accurate to me but im no bttf expert so i was just curious

Bit of a dumb question but does the 100% leather and extra comfy factor reduce the screen accuracy at all? It looks pretty accurate to me but im no bttf expert so i was just curious

It looks great but is inaccurate to the movie since it fits like a normal leather motorcycle jacket.

Definitely interested...are you looking for deposits?

Yes, I'll be collecting paymentsthroughout the week.

Interested depending size etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post updated!

No dumb questions here! The screen used jacket wasn't made out of leather, according to my research there was a lot of latex, synthetic fabrics and plastic on the jacket. While it looked great on set it's not something you want to be using for long periods of time. This is a redesign based on the original, keeping the shapes, look and feel while also being something you can wear as often as you want.

Is this a limited run?

Yes it will be, why do you ask?

Nevermind, I see the other measurements were added ahah.
I'd be a Small.. just sleeves would be 3 inches long, I'm thinking.

Put me in for one, I can have payment in a few days. Gives me time to decide if I want it my size or something accurate to what Michael J Fox would wear

Sent you all a pm, I'll be adding people to the list during the week and closing this run next weekend, can't wait to start working on these!

More than very interested, i'll take you one.
I have a few questions :

1) Is it possible to make the inside layer like the original jacket, i think it's called "meteor"

Capture.JPG

2) Will the texture on the leather strong enough to be used everyday ?
I will drive with it and i'm kinda scared that the texture fades quickly.

3) Could you make pictures of the interior of the jacket do see how the jacket is done in detail ?

4) Will the sleeves be stretchable like this picture ?

2015_marty_c-3.jpg

I will drive with it and i'm kinda scared that the texture fades quickly.

5) The answer will be probably be no, but it was to know if the jacket could have the Nike label like this one, without the "footwear"

Nike_Footwear.png

6) The red part of the jacket seems much more shiny than the grey one, is it possible to have it into a more matte leather, or it has to stay shiny due to the texturing ?

You can already add me sir and thanks for your answers. :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back