Babylon 5 - machined PPG from a kit by Nicksdad

Filandrius

Sr Member
Babylon 5 always was a favorite of mine (both to discover and revisit) and the Earthforce PPG was on my props wanted list for a long time. I was extremely lucky to get my hands on a machined PPG kit from Nicksdad's old run, and it was a joy to finish. It came complete with everything needed (including the light-up barrel) except for the Pachmayr grips (which, in Canada, are quite tough to find) Anyway, here's some pics!

Attachments

• IMG_4255.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_4257.jpg
    IMG_4257.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4258.jpg
    IMG_4258.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4259.jpg
    IMG_4259.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4260.jpg
    IMG_4260.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4262.JPG
    IMG_4262.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4263.JPG
    IMG_4263.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4265.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4266.JPG
    IMG_4266.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 193
Babylon 5 always was a favorite of mine (both to discover and revisit) and the Earthforce PPG was on my props wanted list for a long time. I was extremely lucky to get my hands on a machined PPG kit from Nicksdad's old run, and it was a joy to finish. It came complete with everything needed (including the light-up barrel) except for the Pachmayr grips (which, in Canada, are quite tough to find) Anyway, here's some pics!
Yeah it's a great kit. Definitely one of my favourites. I need to try to take a cast off mine and make the version from Excalibur. The Pachmayr grips were easy enough to import to Australia as they aren't considered a "working part" of a gun.

Does anybody know how to get the grips for this model? I bought one that looks exactly like the Nicksdad version from Monsters in Motion. Also, do the grips need to be modified in any way? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Does anybody know how to get the grips for this model? I bought one that looks exactly like the Nicksdad version from Monsters in Motion. Also, do the grips need to be modified in any way? Thanks for any info you can provide.
You can buy them from a gun supply store. I bought my Packmayr grips from somewhere in the US online and had them shipped to Australia. One company refused to send due to our strict gun laws but another was fine.

For anyone else interested, it is legal to import grips into Australia as they are a non functional part of a gun.

You can buy them from a gun supply store. I bought my Packmayr grips from somewhere in the US online and had them shipped to Australia. One company refused to send due to our strict gun laws but another was fine.

For anyone else interested, it is legal to import grips into Australia as they are a non functional part of a gun.
Hey, thanks for the info. Did you have to modify the grips? Also, would you be able to tell me the model number?

Hey, thanks for the info. Did you have to modify the grips? Also, would you be able to tell me the model number?
Pachmayr Compact Grips for S & W, J-Frame, Round Butt. Model number 03252. You have to modify the grips if you buy the modern ones, because they're one piece; you have to cut them apart.

Does anybody know someone who could make custom grips for my PPG? I’m not loving the Pachmayr grips and I would love to have custom made grips. Thanks all, this community is great!

I was trying to find my PPG but it's been put away "somewhere". My grips just fitted straight on. They weigh about the same as the rest of the PPG so it ends up being a good weight.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back