AVP Armor Templates By VinMan

I've been laser-cutting my own EVA foam set, I also made a PNG of the "tire tread" on the back of the suits (and the front of Scar's), it's the same width as the chest plate. View attachment 266909

I've done something similar on my suit to cover the zipper. The circles were done with a soldering iron.

20170603_010336.jpg

I also noticed that there were only seven pieces to cut out in the groin flap rather than eight, I made the missing one. This one is 5 1/4 inches wide and goes between the 5 inch and 5 1/2 inch pieces.
Missing Groin Flap.png

I came up with a possible set of shin guard templates, they are reworked from the thigh templates. I suggest make two of each piece (except for the U-shaped plate and the coffin-shaped piece) and glue them together at the side edges to make a tube. Then stack them in one another and it should work, they may need to be smoothed out. I will test out my idea and see if it works. I'll try and figure out a way to make the bell-bottoms sooner or later.
Shin Plates_edited-1 small.png

Last edited:
I came up with a possible set of shin guard templates, they are reworked from the thigh templates and thus are the same size (I have skinny legs) so adjust to your liking. I suggest make two of each piece (except for the U-shaped plate and the coffin-shaped piece) and glue them together at the side edges to make a tube. Then stack them in one another and it should work, they may need to be smoothed out. I will test out my idea and see if it works. I'll try and figure out a way to make the bell-bottoms sooner or later

View attachment 266954
hey bro, look at the picture. Its pdo files for foam predator armor. maybe you can use them as a template?
pred.jpg

What are your tips for Plasti-Dipping? I've had mixed experiences and don't want to risk messing up all my armor

Last edited:
I think what happened is that everything got moved in house. The longer term websites that exist for decades end up getting burned when it comes to external photo and file hosting as hosts will disappear within 5 years or so. Also there are IP concerns and if it is hosted in house, many of those concerns can be alleviated as source/creation can be attested to and the files protected.

So i am at a con at a fan table and a mother loves the armor i made from vinmanmacs templates saying her son loves predator. The boy comes the following day and we trace out the armor pieces on poster board. These templates really are awesome.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back