AVP Armor Templates By VinMan

Hi Guys quick up-date on foamies armour apart from a slight modification to the part that attaches to belt these are ready for painting after a coat of flat black primer...... Admins if this post needs to be in WIP please move

100_1776.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1778.jpg

these are awesome and I thank you for them. Question... Are you doing the "side and back" of the chest and back Armor? You only have the center chest plate.

Thanks!

This is a good HUNTORIAL, everyone is learning from this like me. wish I can find this Foamy stuff.
Its much easier to work with than PVC sheets which need higher heat and dremel cutting.

Wow, thank you so much for this.

I was planning to do something like this once upon a time, but never got to it. I'm glad someone took the time.

The Chest Armor

Sorry for the delay for all of you who are using these templates but I finally have a chest template I think with a little creativity on your behalf you should be able to make work.

This one by far was the most difficult one for me to put together.

Here is a pic of the chest put together and the templates

Notice: After some experimentation it has come to my knowledge that these Chest armor templates are running around 15% or so on the small side
you made need to scale these up. It is always a good idea to do a mock up on posterboard to test fit before you commit to your final material.

thanks, and have fun

Good Luck and have fun!

chest_armor_copy.jpg

Chest_armor.jpg

Chest_armor2.jpg

Chest_armor3.jpg

Chest_armor5.jpg

Chest_armor7.jpg

Chest_armor8.jpg

Chest_armor4.jpg

Chest_armor6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! :lol: This is impressive!!! MANY thanks for all the work that went into making these templates. These will go a long way in getting me started! ;)

BTW, has anyone every molding any of these in aluminum or steel? The Mandalore of the mercs group does all his armor from metal and it looks like several of these pieces could be made from basic sheet aluminum, or steel like at Lowe's or HD. Just a thought.

This is an excellent thread. I would love to see more of this type of instructive and informative tutorial, as it would save everybody re-inventing the wheel when coming to sizing sculpts etc. It would also allow more interchangeability (is that a word) between say one persons P1 head and someone elses Bio.

Build looking good and good luck with the rest.

i have been busy trying out these templates

i think they came out not bad, i have done

shoulder armour
belt buckle
groin flap
leg armour

i made it out of a 2mtr by 1mtr piece of foamies that cost £7.99 and i still have half the roll left

Nice armour ya got there djgs but where did ya get foamies that big all i can find is A4 and A3 size sheets from hobbycraft
should look sweet when ya get e'm painted up

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back