AVP Armor Templates By VinMan

Hey guys! Has anyone tried this with card board? I don't have the foam sheets at hand BUT I do have a crap load of boxes-- I know the cutting will be a pain but just wanted to ask-- THANKS!
;)

Hey guys! Has anyone tried this with card board? I don't have the foam sheets at hand BUT I do have a crap load of boxes-- I know the cutting will be a pain but just wanted to ask-- THANKS!
;)

For the armor I never only used cardboard, however for my medpack I used cardboard and foam. I've seen some pretty good cardboard armor before, so with enough time you should certainly be able to achieve it.

For the armor I never only used cardboard, however for my medpack I used cardboard and foam. I've seen some pretty good cardboard armor before, so with enough time you should certainly be able to achieve it.
I am actually using the patterns you have on here... I had to improvise the parts that go on the side & for some reason my dumb brain cannot understand the chest piece-- was there a pic of that AFTER it was painted? I saw that you had a pic of the shoulder pieces-- was there pics for each set that you did??? YES I do ask a lot of questions :lol:

Lol I'm actually not certain what exactly you are referring to.
If you are talking about the suit I'm currently working on, that's all eva-foam and I haven't painted it yet.
I used the cardboard for my old medpack.

I am actually using the patterns you have on here... I had to improvise the parts that go on the side & for some reason my dumb brain cannot understand the chest piece-- was there a pic of that AFTER it was painted? I saw that you had a pic of the shoulder pieces-- was there pics for each set that you did??? YES I do ask a lot of questions :lol:
I can not figure out the chest pieces either!! My first one, I put together backwards and upside down. And I have really big boobs, so I cant figure it out. Do you have any tips?

Does anyone have a template for the back armor. Not sure how to mount my plasma cannon. Any help would be appreciated.
To mount the canon, you would be looking for a medpack template, as that's what it generally attaches too, not the back armor. Sorry I can't be of aid regarding the chest armor you guys seem to have issues with ...

To mount the canon, you would be looking for a medpack template, as that's what it generally attaches too, not the back armor. Sorry I can't be of aid regarding the chest armor you guys seem to have issues with ...
Thanks, Do you know if there is a template for the medpack?

I don't recall seeing one here, but I may be wrong. I made mine without templates last year, and this is how it turned out.
It's pretty easy to make once you understand the basic shapes involved.

20151102_183602-1.jpg

I can not figure out the chest pieces either!! My first one, I put together backwards and upside down. And I have really big boobs, so I cant figure it out. Do you have any tips?
I have most of my stuff done-- just need the 'skirt' and then the chest piece--- I wonder if there is a template out there that would be somewhat basic but easy to put together???

I have most of my stuff done-- just need the 'skirt' and then the chest piece--- I wonder if there is a template out there that would be somewhat basic but easy to put together???
When I get home, I can take a picture and show you what I did. For some reason it was a lot more difficult for me. But this was also first costume, so I think I did ok.

When I get home, I can take a picture and show you what I did. For some reason it was a lot more difficult for me. But this was also first costume, so I think I did ok.
Awesome yes! Did you use cardboard? I kinda want to use cardboard since that's what I used for the mask.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back