Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
I did my part. I saw it again for the fifth time this weekend. My local theater has Endgame down to one screen showing 3 times per day. It was pretty packed. There may have been 2 or 3 empty seats, although it is one of the smaller theater rooms.

Altogether, I've purchased 12 tickets for Endgame. I've seen it 5 times, my wife and 2 kids have all been twice, and I bought a ticket for my son's girlfriend. I'm thinking this pretty much wraps it up for me. I probably won't see it again unless I get some wild notion to go see it. I must say after 5 times, I still enjoyed it. It still didn't feel like a 3 hour movie. It still hit the emotions, I laughed at the funny parts, I cried at the sad parts. No other movie has ever made me feel that way.

It has also reignited my passion for collecting. I've order a few prop replicas from forum members and also preordered some of the hot toys from Sideshow Collectibles.

Whether this movie beats Avatar or not, it will always be a better movie imho.

It still hit the emotions, I laughed at the funny parts, I cried at the sad parts. No other movie has ever made me feel that way.

It has also reignited my passion for collecting. I've order a few prop replicas from forum members and also preordered some of the hot toys from Sideshow Collectibles.
I felt obliged to get the final (probably) Hot Toys movie versions of Stark/IM and Rogers/Cap. But they really stuck it to me when they made two versions of Thanos. I had to get both, damn it.

And out of reverence I really had to get one of these for my office.

1560204807000.jpeg

I felt obliged to get the final (probably) Hot Toys movie versions of Stark/IM and Rogers/Cap. But they really stuck it to me when they made two versions of Thanos. I had to get both, damn it.

And out of reverence I really had to get one of these for my office.

View attachment 1028052

I got the Iron Man Mk85, EG Cap, and the armored version of Thanos. I am a huge guardians fan so I preordered the Nebula and Gamora. I hope they release a new StarLord at some point in the future. I already had the Infinity War Rocket and Groot set. I am looking for Drax on the second hand market.

I like that arc reactor. Is that the King Arts version?

I was very upset that the SHF Endgame Cap didn't come with Mjiolnir and or a broken shield, or even hands to hold one yet there is a marvel legends Cap that comes with weathered shield and hammer. Did the numbers to source getting it all together and I think I'm just going to buy the Hot toys Endgame Cap because then I get everything I want, and it would cost about the same.....of course I already bought the damn SHF before knowing what it DIDN'T come with....

So close... thought it would have done better then it did this weekend...

View attachment 1027667

Starting to get nervous
Endgame may not have made it to the top spot and replaced Avatar as the highest grossing film but I know which of the films had a better story, emotional impact, heart, humour and that I've watched multiple times and will buy the bluray for and merchandise and it certainly won't be Avatar.

I don't get the hype for Avatar, the whole planet was just a bioluminescent mess which made no sense and the story was predictably dull.

Endgame may not have made it to the top spot and replaced Avatar as the highest grossing film but I know which of the films had a better story, emotional impact, heart, humour and that I've watched multiple times and will buy the bluray for and merchandise and it certainly won't be Avatar.

I don't get the hype for Avatar, the whole planet was just a bioluminescent mess which made no sense and the story was predictably dull.
I agree with all your comments. The inside-my-own-head explanation for Avatar being top grossing movie is because it cheated by having a gimmick that forced people to buy more expensive tickets. That's my version of the story and I'll stick with it, even if it annoys some Avatar fans. :)

I agree with all your comments. The inside-my-own-head explanation for Avatar being top grossing movie is because it cheated by having a gimmick that forced people to buy more expensive tickets. That's my version of the story and I'll stick with it, even if it annoys some Avatar fans. :)

I was told a avatar was also released twice in theaters, I don’t know if I remember that but i think that is considered cheating...

Regardless of money made, which always seems to be adjusted for inflation, another aspect of these competitions for highest grossing film to be a bit bizarre, Avengers Endgame is, for me hands down the better film in every aspect.
I watched Avatar once and never since, I've seen Endgame multiple times and will be enjoying it at home on bluray long after the Unobtanium mines run dry on the glowing Avatar planet of mediocrity.

I was told a avatar was also released twice in theaters, I don’t know if I remember that but i think that is considered cheating...
It was. First time with the theatrical cut, then re-released later with an extended edition. Even with the extended edition, there's still about an hour worth of unfinished alternate scenes and deleted scenes. There's an entire subplot that was cut in the final battle involving Quaritch bullying Parker into letting him exterminate the Na'vi, and the science division taking over Hell's Gate while the army is away by using a loader to smash into the control center and using leftover weapons to take over the base.

It was. First time with the theatrical cut, then re-released later with an extended edition. Even with the extended edition, there's still about an hour worth of unfinished alternate scenes and deleted scenes. There's an entire subplot that was cut in the final battle involving Quaritch bullying Parker into letting him exterminate the Na'vi, and the science division taking over Hell's Gate while the army is away by using a loader to smash into the control center and using leftover weapons to take over the base.

Aahhh

Anyone know exactly when end game will be pulled from all theaters?

It’s so freak’n close...

To be fair... it took Avatar two releases to hit these numbers, Endgame has done it with one.
By my accounting that makes it the clear winner..

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back