Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
Me in real life? No lol. Me if my buddy was Captain America? Hell yeah! But your point is taken. And yes in that sense it is definitely weird.

I guess that's just me getting locked in a comic book mindset. I'm thinking of it more in the practical sense as in who's more qualified ability wise to take up the mantle. But now that you say it, yeah I'm not so sure Bucky would even want the job.

Last edited:
There’s Steve Rogers, the man, and then there’s Captain America.

Between Bucky and Steve, who have been lifelong buddies, the shield has less significance than it has for Sam who has always known him as Cap. The shield should go to Sam.

Last edited:
Ever since The First Avenger I wanted Steve to get back to his original time and to Peggy at some point. I hoped it would happen eventually and I was so happy when it did. Perfect end to his arc.

I was a bit bothered by that, mainly due to the fact that it seemed out of character for Steve. I just couldn't picture him choosing to leave everyone - including Bucky, his best friend who he has now spent several films trying to get back to - for a woman who he loved, but who he also never even had a first date with. A woman who he also knew went on to get married and have two children with another man. It felt...odd.
I get the alternate timelines and I also understand that it's technically not officially stated that Steve marries Peggy, but something just didn't sit right there for me.

Sorry one more thing I wanted to add. Put me down also for wanting Cap to have given his shield to Bucky instead of Falcon. They were best friends from the beginning and it works so well symbolically like Cap is saying "Here's your chance to redeem yourself from your Winter Soldier life". And it would have been touching to see Bucky thank Steve for never giving up on him and have them say goodbye to each other. There's also the practical reason that he has super soldier power and Falcon doesn't. Yeah there might still be the issue of an enemy activating his brain wash but hey, that could make for an interesting plot point later on.

On the other hand, I actually liked this decision. I didn't like how the scene was done - Steve should have interacted with Bucky during it. It makes more sense for Sam to become Captain America though.
Bucky never wanted to fight in the same way that Steve did. He did boxing for sport, but was drafted into the military. He then spent his time fighting in the war, before being captured and forced into being an assassin - a weapon. In Civil War, we see him enjoying a quieter life. The same is shown in the few moments we see of Bucky in Wakanda. He also has concerns over the brainwashing and was shown looking proud while Sam was given the shield. So, to me, I don't think Bucky would really want to take on the role of Captain America.
Going beyond that though, I think that having a decently known former Nazi assassin as the new Captain America would be...problematic for the general public (in the MCU universe). Going with a veteran who is recognized as a hero is a safer move there.

You make solid points. My biggest thing for Bucky over Falcon is he has super soldier power. But adhering to character motivation comes first and in that sense yes, Cap giving the shield to Falcon probably makes more sense. I really don't have that big of a problem with it. I'm not sure Bucky wouldn't want the job though. He may not have wanted to fight the way Steve did and may not want the mantle of Captain America but like I said, I could see him wanting to make up for the damage he caused (albeit under brain-washing) as Winter Soldier. Maybe just working as a SHIELD op? Or maybe he would just want the quiet life. I don't know.

Really what I'm realizing in discussing this is Bucky's character could've been a little more fleshed out. And I agree with you and I alluded to it in my post that it would've been nice for Bucky and Steve to have interacted at the end but maybe in a different scene. Two heartfelt goodbyes in one scene back to back wouldn't work well I think.

I was a bit bothered by that, mainly due to the fact that it seemed out of character for Steve. I just couldn't picture him choosing to leave everyone - including Bucky, his best friend who he has now spent several films trying to get back to - for a woman who he loved, but who he also never even had a first date with. A woman who he also knew went on to get married and have two children with another man. It felt...odd.
I get the alternate timelines and I also understand that it's technically not officially stated that Steve marries Peggy, but something just didn't sit right there for me.

I had the same odd feeling you did about it haha but I just accepted the alternate timeline justification to give Steve the "moral okay".

So I haven't seen Winter Soldier or Civil War in a long time. Do they mention who Peggy's husband was or wasn't? I've heard the idea that Steve was her actual husband all along and she kept it a secret all those years. Has Marvel confirmed/denied this?

Last edited:
So I haven't seen Winter Soldier or Civil War in a long time. Do they mention who Peggy's husband was or wasn't? I've heard the idea that Steve was her actual husband all along and she kept it a secret all those years. Has Marvel confirmed/denied this?

It is never stated in the films who she married.

“Endgame’s” writers have gone on record saying Steve WAS Peggy’s husband.

The directors, however, have said Steve went to an alternate timeline when he went back to be with Peggy, and Peggy in the “Prime” timeline married someone else.

I think some details throughout the MCU films were kept out intentionally so they can use them in future stories, and I think some stuff was just left out and they worked those mistakes into Endgame to make sense of them. If i remember correctly, wasn't Mjolnir flying all over the place "by itself" throughout The Dark World? And I don't actually remember who Peggy was married to, or even if she was at all. If it was a secret/mystery, then it was Steve all along. He probably hid out during all MCU events and might've not attended her funeral because he spent his entire life by her side.

Falcon as Cap works for me, Cap was his inspiration, Bucky lived a crazy life and probably doesn't want the spotlight after his entire Winter Soldier history, the public wouldn't want him as Cap after all that stuff. Falcon is 100% good and Steve seen it, he knew Bucky was "tired" from that life, I mean, maybe Bucky sticks around and helps but just not as much as a full-time superhero. Falcon is in his prime, he can handle and do anything Cap can, just slower LOL.

And adding to that: Bucky simply isn't dependable as a hero.Remember all the stuff that Hydra put in his mind? "All they had to do is say the words..." was Bucky's remark in Civil War.Imagine someone obtaining the Red book while 'Cap' is on a mission.Nuff said?

You know, everyone's been talking about Deadpool being Nudemaster69 from the film, it being a way to introduce him into the MCU. Honestly, I think Nudemaster69 should be Russell (from Deadpool 2), because he's still young enough to be a "kid" (as described by Korg), and have Russell running to Wade to complain about being threatened by Thor, and Wade saying "F#*k it, I'm sitting out the epic battle at the end of this film. That'd teach him!" XD

You know, everyone's been talking about Deadpool being Nudemaster69 from the film, it being a way to introduce him into the MCU. Honestly, I think Nudemaster69 should be Russell (from Deadpool 2), because he's still young enough to be a "kid" (as described by Korg), and have Russell running to Wade to complain about being threatened by Thor, and Wade saying "F#*k it, I'm sitting out the epic battle at the end of this film. That'd teach him!" XD
Um, I was pretty sure the name of the kid playing video games was "Noobmaster69," not "Nudemaster69."

Um, I was pretty sure the name of the kid playing video games was "Noobmaster69," not "Nudemaster69."

Well, it did go by so fast that I'm not the only one who thought it was Nudermaster69 (not to mention, it sounds funnier than Noobmaster69, which is why it would be perfect for Russell, who would have been hanging around with Wade a lot by that time).

I liked "Professor" Hulk but I wish "Smash" Hulk would've had more involvement in the actual fight just to redeem how he chickened out in the Wakanda fight.
This, more or less, is my only gripe at all, but I was thinking more along the lines of having the Hulk get a chance to beat on Thanos a bit after having been embarrassed in Infinity War. What I really was hoping to see was something like this: Quite apart from him becoming Professor Hulk (even though this idea kind of works more easily than if he hadn't done that), I figured Thanos got the best of Hulk the first time primarily for two reasons. One of those was that Hulk wasn't angry enough, and hence not as strong as he could have been, and the other is that Hulk is a brawler who wins fights mainly because he is so strong and more anger makes him even stronger. He has not, however, ever been trained to fight effectively on anything other than instinct, because he has never needed it as Hulk and because Banner would not have pursued such training. So, given the five-year time skip, I was thinking that maybe in that time, Banner would have realized that he needed to learn how to fight, and he could have trained for that -- and then, as the Hulk, he would have retained enough of that training to make him a far more effective fighter, and he could have come at Thanos an entirely different way than we saw previously. And as Professor Hulk, he could have kept presumably all of such training -- and though he still might have needed more anger as well, that could certainly be dealt with in the story realistically.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that while the Professor Hulk character was cool, I still wanted to see Hulk smash, and I wasn't satisfied in that regard. Still, a minor gripe in an overall fantastic film.

SSB

Last edited:
Yeah, I wish that Hulk would have been given a chance to wipe the floor with Thanos. That would have been awesome to see.
Thanos beat the Hulk the first time around, not because he wasn't angry enough, but because Thanos already had the Power Stone.

ATTENTION

I encourage everyone to grab 1 ticket this Saturday! June 8th

Let’s try and break the world record and beat avatar!! Avatar has held the spot for 10 years!

It’s gotta happen this weekend! Be part of history and say your ticket was one to break the record!!!

My freak’n amc doesn’t have it anymore... I contributed 2 tickets to a theater a few towns over... didn’t go but my money went towards the cause.. here’s hoping

So close... thought it would have done better then it did this weekend...

IMG_9877.jpg

Starting to get nervous

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back