Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
I know Tony was stressing that he didn't want this new future changed so he could go back to his daughter, but he dies anyways, making that pointless.
I dont think Tony was expecting to die. He knew it was possible, but at least this way he had a chance of going back to his family.

I don't see why they would forget their past just because they went a bit further back in it. It's a like a more complicated Trigger's Broom question.
Not the Avengers who went back in time. They would remember. But the rest of the world wouldnt. Like how in Back to the Future it happens. Even if they said all those movies were wrong. Its all fake anyways. Just wonder how these next movies will go about it.

Here is how I see it:

tenor.gif

Has anyone heard the theory that Thanos's snap didn't kill anyone? But maybe transported them to another....place. In Infinity War Doctor Strange uses the Time Stone to see 14,000,605 futures. But according to the Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange', she was unable able to see past her death. Yet Strange is able to see past his death? Or did he really die?

I remember hearing/reading (before EG came out).. that they were NOT in fact dead.. but transported to the same place/stone where the Red Skull was at.

Didn't Peter Parker say that to him, it was only a minute or so, but everyone else was 5 years? Something like that I think.

“Hey! Holy cow! You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? And I must've passed out because I woke up and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there right. And he said 'It's been five years. Come on, they need us.' And he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does. Anyway...”

To me that implies that Peter was gone...like, dead, not just in some other realm.

Has anyone heard the theory that Thanos's snap didn't kill anyone? But maybe transported them to another....place. In Infinity War Doctor Strange uses the Time Stone to see 14,000,605 futures. But according to the Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange', she was unable able to see past her death. Yet Strange is able to see past his death? Or did he really die?

She was unable to see past her death, as it had become an inevitable point in time, no matter what future she looked into, or what actions she took, she was always destined to die then, and pass it on to Strange.

Strange looked into possible futures of then all and not just his future. Then most likely saw each one where they all die forever, so moved on to the next, until he got to the one that he could see that one future where they are alive and win.

Gosh I wanted to post here earlier but I didn't see the movie until about a week and a half ago. I learned my lesson about watching a blockbuster movie on opening night. Little tougher to stay away this time though as I was so afraid it was going to be spoiled. A few days before the premiere our local IMAX added a last minute 2am show so I bought a ticket thinking I could sneak in an uncrowded viewing. Nope! I showed up and it was packed haha. I thought "well, maybe I'll put up with the crowd since I'm already here". I caught one whiff of someone blazing some "lettuce" and said "yeeeaaaahhhhhh I'll just come back" lol. Thankfully in that time it didn't get spoiled and I ended up seeing it in another bigger, nearly empty IMAX. It was a perfect watch, although the rumored intermission would've been better for my bladder. Overall I thought it was great. Some minor things I didn't like but nothing substantial at all. Sorry if I retread some points already made.

Going in I wanted to see Cap get the limelight this time around followed closely by Iron Man. If Infinity War was Thor's shining moment, Endgame had to belong to Steve and Tony and it didn't disappoint. Ever since The First Avenger I wanted Steve to get back to his original time and to Peggy at some point. I hoped it would happen eventually and I was so happy when it did. Perfect end to his arc. I was not as happy when Tony died though but I understand it. This journey started with him and it's only fitting that he deals the final sacrificial blow. It certainly adds dramatic weight to that sacrifice that he left behind a family. That being said, I still would've liked to have seen him survive and live out the life he wanted with Pepper and his daughter. He deserved it. But I'm a sucker for a happy ending, what can I tell ya:). I have a feeling they'll bring him back at some point though. It is a comic book movie after all;).

Seeing the 3 core members squaring off against Thanos was perfect.

Cap lifting Thor's Hammer. I was waiting for it and I still geeked out.

I liked "Professor" Hulk but I wish "Smash" Hulk would've had more involvement in the actual fight just to redeem how he chickened out in the Wakanda fight.

At the beginning, Tony was still upset at Steve for not being there when he needed him and then they just kinda squashed it with a handshake midway through the movie. I feel like they needed to hash things out a bit more there.

I wanted to see Cap returning the stones, especially the soul stone but you can only squeeze so much in. An extended cut would be nice to see. I'm guessing there was a lot of quality unused material.

I have other thoughts but I'll just leave it there. You guys already covered most everything I had questions about.

But wow, what a decade this was. My only lament is we didn't get more stand alone features. Phase 1 will always be my favorite time because of that. Those movies might not have been the best of the MCU but looking back I love the relative simplicity of their stories and how excited I was for them. Plus, I just like origin stories the most. It's funny, the closer we got to Endgame, the less enthusiastic I was about seeing it. Not that I didn't think I would like it, I knew it'd be great but I also knew where the story was going and I was a little sad that it was ending. It was nicer how things were open ended before.

Looking forward to Spider-Man but I'm not really interested in more Avengers movies without Iron Man and Captain America or should I say Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. Now if they do an Avengers/X-Men crossover and everybody comes back, I'm in(y). Wouldn't mind seeing more of Ronin Hawkeye in the time between IW and Endgame. That should be a movie right there.

Hats off to Marvel. I wish DC would've paid attention and followed their lead.

I saw it for the third time on Thursday with my brother and noticed the scales (pattern) on Cap's shirt.Cool nod to the suit from the comics and I dig it.Too bad they don't use the wings on his helmet;DC Flash had them in the tv series,so how (unrealistically) bad could they be? Personal preference though.

I wanted so badly for them to give him a cowl with actual wings instead of a helmet. I still believe in the hands of the right artist, it could've looked good. While we're on the subject, couldn't Thor have worn his helmet in battle at least ONCE:mad:. Ragnarok arena battle doesn't count. Cool as it was, that wasn't his Asgardian helmet☝.

Last edited:
Sorry one more thing I wanted to add. Put me down also for wanting Cap to have given his shield to Bucky instead of Falcon. They were best friends from the beginning and it works so well symbolically like Cap is saying "Here's your chance to redeem yourself from your Winter Soldier life". And it would have been touching to see Bucky thank Steve for never giving up on him and have them say goodbye to each other. There's also the practical reason that he has super soldier power and Falcon doesn't. Yeah there might still be the issue of an enemy activating his brain wash but hey, that could make for an interesting plot point later on.

Last edited:
Eventhough Steve gave up the shield/mantle,he will always be a super soldier.Would be funny to see someone who doesn't recognize Cap approach him for trouble in the street and then get his butt kicked by 'Retired-Cap'

Sorry one more thing I wanted to add. Put me down also for wanting Cap to have given his shield to Bucky instead of Falcon. They were best friends from the beginning and it works so well symbolically like Cap is saying "Here's your chance to redeem yourself from your Winter Soldier life". And it would have been touching to see Bucky thank Steve for never giving up on him and have them say goodbye to each other. There's also the practical reason that he has super soldier power and Falcon doesn't. Yeah there might still be the issue of an enemy activating his brain wash but hey, that could make for an interesting plot point later on.

Might be weird for him to take it on, would you want to sort of move into the life of one of your close buddys? Not so much right?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back