Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
So, the quantum realm not only lets you travel in time, but you can reappear anywhere in the galaxy (how else does he get to asgard?)?

So, the quantum realm not only lets you travel in time, but you can reappear anywhere in the galaxy (how else does he get to asgard?)?

How did Thor and Rocket get there in the first place? Or Rhodey and Nebula to where Quill picked up the space stone initially?

I think it's safe to assume that the Quantum Realm touches on all reality, which is why they were able to use it as they did.

Traveling the quantum realm let's you go to any place, in addition to any time. Steve, Scott, Tony and Bruce traveled from upstate New York, to down town New York city. Then from there, Tony and Steve traveled back to upstate New York in the 70's. All using pym particles.

Thor and rocket went from Earth to Asguard and back.

Rhody, Nebula, Natalie, and Clint all traveled together to Morag(?), then Natalie and Clint flew separately to get the soul stone (I assume the idea was to always be in teams, and to travel to as few times, as possible. Only reason Nat and Barton would have flown, rather than jump straight there)

I think I mentioned before that I would love it if there was an extra scene showing Cap returning everything. I would think it would be just as hard returning the stones in some cases as it was "stealing" them in the first place.

I think I mentioned before that I would love it if there was an extra scene showing Cap returning everything. I would think it would be just as hard returning the stones in some cases as it was "stealing" them in the first place.
Never mind the messier details like getting the Space, Reality, and Mind Stones restored to their proper pre-gauntlet forms, finding a way as handwavey as acquiring it of getting the Reality Stone back into Jane, and all the fraught-ness of the Soul Stone -- from Steve's reaction to seeing the Guardian to how he deals with the exchange being permanent (me, I'd just keep the damn thing after paying so high a price for it). I feel like a lot of important stuff got glossed over in Endgame's coda, and hope we haven't seen the last of that.

I don't understand why it only had to be Steve to return them. Why not just let everybody team up again to return them?
In-universe explanation: They didn't have enough Pym particles to send more than one person.
Narrative explanation: It gave Steve a chance to go back in time alone and live a life with Peggy.

In-universe explanation: They didn't have enough Pym particles to send more than one person.
Narrative explanation: It gave Steve a chance to go back in time alone and live a life with Peggy.

Hank Pym was back and could’ve made more up right, for several members ?
I’m guessing the ‘narrative explanation’ was more film length and story/plot appropriate.

I always figured Steve thought they had earned a break. Additionally those reunited with loved ones deserved time to spend with them and others needed time to grieve.

True. That was part of it to I think. Everyone else had family and responsibilities at that point.

Cap is the man that grins and bears it. So he took the job on.

And yes, they could have had as much of the pym particles made as they needed, now that Hank was back.

Last edited:
Steve doesn't actually have to put them back exactly how they were, the alternate timelines will continue to exist regardless. He just needs to get the stones back to their proper realities. Doesn't matter if the reality stone gets put back in Jane or not. Now, it might be prudent to make sure the stones get put in the possession of a responsible party, but as far as the stability of the new timelines are concerned, he could pop in, drop it on the floor and pop out. Yes, I'm aware that's not exactly what the movie is implying is going on.

Hank Pym was back and could’ve made more up right, for several members ?
I thought the same thing. He could always make more couldn't he?

I have a feeling Endgame isn't going to be the last time we see time travel in the MCU especially if Hugh Jackman & company want to reprise their X-Men roles for an Avengers crossover super mega blockbuster lol then Marvel would want to find a way to bring back RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth.

Last edited:
Steve doesn't actually have to put them back exactly how they were, the alternate timelines will continue to exist regardless. He just needs to get the stones back to their proper realities. Doesn't matter if the reality stone gets put back in Jane or not. Now, it might be prudent to make sure the stones get put in the possession of a responsible party, but as far as the stability of the new timelines are concerned, he could pop in, drop it on the floor and pop out. Yes, I'm aware that's not exactly what the movie is implying is going on.

Nope. Banner made it very clear. Exactly where and when they were taken from. Jane gets injected. Tesseract gets dropped back of in the base. Mind stone in the scepter, etc.

What tesseract? It was destroyed, same as the head of the scepter. It's physically impossible for Cap to put things back the way they were before.

Which is likely one of the biggest reasons they didn't show him putting it all back :p

The movie has plenty of plot holes, but per the ancient one, they must go back in the exact way they were taken, to avoid a split and helpless timeline.

I finally watched this after seeing most of the MCU films (a few I watched as movies in minutes on YT). Since it started with a story heavily influenced by Ultimate Avengers (one of my favorite comic runs) I felt like I had to see it through to the end.
It was just meh, time travel plots almost always feel like lazy writing to me, this was no exception. There was too much sappiness, Tony, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Cap...:rolleyes:
I liked the visuals and acting, mostly I'm just glad to be finished with the MCU. It was a brave undertaking to tell a story across that many films but I'd rather read it in comics personally. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the installments, good entertaining popcorn flicks, so my hats off to the people that worked really hard to make these films but I'm a bit worn out with the same basic plots being retread with different characters, maybe I just have Superhero movie fatigue.

I'll be sticking to comics for my Superhero fix for a while. :cool:(y)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back