Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Going by the EW article and other rumors... EW says about Linda Cardellini's character: "The emotional payoff that comes from her reveal is worth the wait. I will say this: she’s no one you’ve ever heard of, not a superhero, not a villain. She’s a person. An important one. And the fact that you don’t know her is part of the reason why."

The rumor is that Cardellini plays Laura Barton - (probably) Clint/Hawkeye's wife. ...which might lead one to believe Hawkeye does buy it.

Falcon actually is confirmed for AoU

Hey awesome... when did that get confirmed... I checked a while back and there was no Marvel movies on Mackie's list. That's great news.

He hasn't shown up on any of the A AoU posters so I'm guessing he'll have a pretty small part, but hopefully bigger in Civil War.

Yeah... not looking good for Rhodey. Once Cheadle took over the role I lost interest in the character so good riddance.

I wish there was an official rundown of characters/actors appearing in the upcoming Marvel movies.

Sounds like Renner, Johannson, Downey, Mackie, Evans, Stan are in Cap: Civil War.

Apparently Renner is in Captain America: Civil War... which, most likely means he survives A:AoU.

I can't imagine Banner/Hulk is going to die... he said he put a bullet in his mouth and the other guys spit it out. Seems like a pretty strong case for "I'm not dying nay time soon".
Not to mention Hulk is pretty much a flagship/mainstay character.

Rhodey/War Machine... not so much.

Not to mention if Marvel is ambitious enough for long term they could do a World War Hulk movie which would be EPIC!!!
If that was the plan, maybe A AoU could end with Hulk getting launched into space? Could that be the "death" being discussed?There's nothing on IMDB in Ruffalo's list beyond A AoU...

So now removing a bit character from a film is sexist? That applies to excising MJ from ASM2 as well, right?

Like I said. It's just bad timing. I can't comment on if it's the same as MJ's role in ASM2 because I haven't seen any of the footage. And since we'll never know who this mysterious woman is (or if she's even a character at all) unless the deleted scenes feature her, I can't say if it's the same. All I really care about was that the trailers had her in the shot, it got me curious and now it means nothing. The idea of a new character in the Marvel universe played by a woman of color getting cut so close to release just freaking sucks.

It IS a small role but he is back. With a new suit and new wings as well. And yes... they're red. ;)

Hey awesome... when did that get confirmed... I checked a while back and there was no Marvel movies on Mackie's list. That's great news.

He hasn't shown up on any of the A AoU posters so I'm guessing he'll have a pretty small part, but hopefully bigger in Civil War.

Yeah... not looking good for Rhodey. Once Cheadle took over the role I lost interest in the character so good riddance.

Like I said. It's just bad timing. I can't comment on if it's the same as MJ's role in ASM2 because I haven't seen any of the footage. And since we'll never know who this mysterious woman is (or if she's even a character at all) unless the deleted scenes feature her, I can't say if it's the same. All I really care about was that the trailers had her in the shot, it got me curious and now it means nothing. The idea of a new character in the Marvel universe played by a woman of color getting cut so close to release just freaking sucks.

Apparently she was never actually in the film. It was just imagery put in that first cut of the trailer go help portray that scene. Basically a sizzle reel cut. So there you go.

Last edited:
It IS a small role but he is back. With a new suit and new wings as well. And yes... they're red.

Pictures?

EDIT: Gawd I hope this isn't real. This is a good case for not taking the purist "stick to the comic look" approach.
He looked way cool when he wasn't in a goofy colored suit and was just tacticool.

falcona_zpsb27cc0b3.png

Last edited:
That isn't real, it's a fan photoshop that's been around since Winter Soldier.

I have no pictures, a close friend won a contest and was flown out to the red carpet premiere last night. Since I cosplay Falcon myself she was kind enough to let me know that while he's only in the movie briefly, it is a) an action shot, b) he has a new suit and new wings, and c) it looks similar to his current one, but it's red and a bit more high tech like Tony had more of a hand in it's design.

Can't wait to see it, personally :)

Pictures?

EDIT: Gawd I hope this isn't real. This is a good case for not taking the purist "stick to the comic look" approach.
He looked way cool when he wasn't in a goofy colored suit and was just tacticool.

View attachment 464500

Thank god! The real costume was really cool and looked like something the military would come up with. I think comic fans need to chill and know the goofy (some) costumes from the books won't work in the real world. I can see adding some color though since he's helping the Avengers and not really worried about stealth.

I honestly thought the red Daredevil costume from the new Netflix series would have made a great suit for Falcon. Ah, well... I'm sure whatever they have come up with will look fantastic. :)

Well, by next week you best avoid the thread entirely because the reviews and cinema release hit in the UK, April 23rd. I'll not spoil it (never do) other than a general opinion on quality but to judge from the general level of interest its going to be difficult to miss alot of stuff. I used "to save it" for the film, but the story plotting, lines and VFX these days are so intense I struggle to remember everything completely anyway, unlike a few years ago where I could recall almost everything frame by frame.

Also...

Had to look up Stark's reference:

Prima Nocta:

Rights used by nobles of the past to have sexual rights to the wife of a man newly married on the night of their wedding.

Also...

Prima Nocta:

Rights used by nobles of the past to have sexual rights to the wife of a man newly married on the night of their wedding.

You would have known that if you had watched Braveheart. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Also...

Prima Nocta:

You would have known that if you had watched Braveheart. :p

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back