Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Just watched the trailer again and caught the shot of Loki's scepter from The Avengers, something I didn't notice before. Could it be what animates Ultron from Tony's scrapped suits?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ended with a post-credit sequence of a hidden Hydra base where Baron von Strucker is in possession of the scepter. Judging from what the Strucker said, I believe Hydra is using the scepter to create super powers into individuals. A dangerous process since they mentioned dead volunteers and that only the twins survived the process. Since Tony Stark is still the one responsible for creating Ultron, it wouldn't feel right for him to just rush with the scepter (if they even allowed him to keep it) and use it to create Ultron. Way too much stuff to happen for what looks to be a two and a half hour film.

I wasn't suggesting Tony be the one that uses the scepter on the suit, just that it could be what is used by whoever to create Ultron. And I very much doubt Stark knowingly created him.

Hmm, looks like there will be a Mk45 if Lego is to be trusted

10846458_10203107486669905_3188083396610280299_n.jpg

I was thiking it might be interesting if the Zola algorithm from TWS somehow integrated itself into the armor... or merged/corrupted Jarvis in some way. Not really consistent with the comics though.

Full scale Hulkbuster spotted at the Toy Soul toy fair. Looks pretty detailed, wonder if Legacy built that one. What I'd do to take a pic with this beast...

10174938_759968747420696_8042733596936917175_n.jpg

EDIT: Added a better look at this beast of a statue. Stands over 3m tall, that's a little over 10 feet!
10436312_10152484793577344_2151836779337124487_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of good AoU stuff today with Ultron and Vision. Also found this, better look at what is claimed to be the Mk45 Lego... doesn't look too different from the Mk43 though, main diff is the hexagon chest RT.

attachment.php

I was watching BBC3 the other night, half paying attention while I was on my pad.

The announcer said there was a big sci fi film coming on starting Scarlett Johanson and Robert Duval.

I wondered what this would be and waited as the credits came on, and low and behold, its the avengers, and someone just said the wrong Robert.

it really looks like Stark and Banner co-creating Ultron will be a big divide between the characters, especially with the development of the Hulkbuster suit, all leading up to fallout in Civil War.

Tony's a smart guy, but he gets into trouble when he decides he can make big decisions for other people because of it

Am I the only one seeing Hulk with reddish eyes as opposed to his green ones? Could it be that Ultron somehow infected Hulk and shut down the Banner side of his personality, leaving him without the strings of Banner in an odd mirroring of the "I have no strings" song?

Am I the only one seeing Hulk with reddish eyes as opposed to his green ones? Could it be that Ultron somehow infected Hulk and shut down the Banner side of his personality, leaving him without the strings of Banner in an odd mirroring of the "I have no strings" song?
Could be using some of the Red Hulk idea/imagery... although I doubt they're going to use it as a separate entity as they did in the comics (where Red Hulk was Gen. Ross).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back