ATAT w.i.p

I cant believe I've overlooked this thread till know...

Very Nice Work!

I love projects that mix traditional building techniques along with State of the Art CAD/CAM work.
best use of your time I always feel

keep up the great work!

more pics! more pics!
please

Tis a work of art Jon, Never tire looking at the pics.
"The best AT-AT on the forum," I'm pretty sure its the only one :lol
Which way did you go with the piston mechanism? Video of it moving would be cool?

Rob

Made the little shields at the back and the ankle stick things with ball sockets..... I've always wanted to use the brass and Ali tube from the model shop ....
Next up are all the little details that I never got round too and finish the hip mech.....after that the really hard bit (for me anyway). ......... PAINTING .....!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 429
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 468
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 445
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 716
I am new to the RPF.

First off, incredible build. I am amazed at how much detail went into this beauty.

I came across it looking for AT-AT specs and blueprints, but I stayed and read the whole thing. Really great work sir, can't wait to see when it has the final paint job on it and you are posing it for some real nice action shots.

I only hope the 3D-model I want to do of the AT-AT can be half as nice as your actual model.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Rusty

Holy Mother of At-At Walkers! This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
Scratch-builds always make my jaw drop... but this is too much too handle! WOW!
Can't wait to see to see the final masterpiece!! In your time of course.... in your time... :D

Very rare you see homegrown projects of this quality, most farm it all out to a man who can, so extra kudos for that, this is nothing short of breathtaking Jon.

lee

I say that I will get around to a build like this someday but that armature is scary to think about! I wish I had the skills and equipment! I love this build! I'm with the hundreds of other people that would buy an armature if ever offered!

Looking forward to the paint! Will you be adding snow?

Joe

ive been trying to take pictures of the underside by using a mirror, but the camera seems to want to focus on the mirrors glass
rather than the model and the results are rubbish this is the best shot so far....

does anyone know what the parts are in the other picture ?

thanks

Attachments

• DSCF9069.JPG
    DSCF9069.JPG
    740 KB · Views: 483
  • vbvb.jpg
    vbvb.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 455
I have a load of kits with a few bits missing (that were used in this build) that I want to be rid of ... Anybody who can pick them up from the Watford /st Albans area interested ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back