ATAT w.i.p

north3

thought id share my progess with my atat. ive drawn it in a solid modeller then cnc machined it from solid abs,
the body will be made the same way and the legs will be aliuminium.Although it is the same scale as the film version
it isnt a studio scale build in the true sense as where i havnt been able to find the right parts i just scratch build them myself
also mine will be symetrical unlike the film version....
thanks to monsieur tox for all his helps so far
thanks for looking

Amazing work, shame not to find more parts though, many are known, if your unsure, or want to know any, for sure use your thread, and im pretty sure many of use here can chime in with what we know.

Keep it coming, wish i had the balls to tackle the ATAT in SS, sadly, that ship seems to have sailed.

lee

Awesome Jon and glad to have helped you in return !

Your head is great !!

The small parts you scratched are from the Churchill (hatches). I should have some extra if you want them ! We found with Matt (Dragnink) most of the head parts (the only missing parts are the main guns but they could have been machined and not actual kit parts ?).

I'll reply to your email soon and send you a pic of the body with the modif I told you once I got Illustrator and Photoshop installed in my computer ! Right now I'm setting up my new shop and it takes too much time :(

I agree you should have posted this in the SS section, it's probably closer than the MR from what Ive seen and you got most of the parts. That would be cool if a mod could move this one ! :thumbsup

Last edited:
thanks for all your kind words ....maybe someone could help me find the bits in the picture ??
julien ,i'd like to take up your offer its very kind of you and i look forward to receiving your drawing

Hi Jon, I spent some time combing and ID'ing the AT-AT and when I found that Julien had been working separately, we combined what we knew.

Those are 1/25 SU-100 parts (large,circular) and the octagonal are from the 223. The 1/35 M5A1 donates this part that you've scratched for the left rear of the head:

m5a1.jpg

Great job!! I hope someday I can use you possibly for some small milling projects.

thanks for all your kind words ....maybe someone could help me find the bits in the picture ??
julien ,i'd like to take up your offer its very kind of you and i look forward to receiving your drawing

1-4 parts needed from the following kits if anyone can help:

tamiya 1/35 matilda
tamiya 1/20 p34 six wheeler
tamiya 1/12 tyrell elf f1
tamiya 1/700 nelson
tamiya 1/700 shinano (old tool)
tamiya 1/700 hood

Last edited:
Oops Matt is correct (as usual :)), it's from the M5A1 on one side and from the Churchill on the other side ! Should have both parts :) Sent you an email ! Still have to do the drawing though lol

The hub with nuts it's from the 1/35 Tamiya Marder II. :)

dragnink ;thanks for that, i could have sworn they were panther wheels and if i can help you out sometime drop me a line...
monsieur tox ; thanks again , ive sent you an email

Holy hell, that is amazing! PLease keep up the great work. I would love a kit of this if one is produced....

Nathan

no plans to turn this into a kit......its taken me years to get this far ....

does anyone have a clearer view of this area or know what these parts are?

thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back