AT-ST ESB

Thanks Jason,appreciate it.Yeah I was nervous about putting the head together.I still have to work more on the tusks,I'm even more nervous about that.:lol

Dave

Mate don’t want to hijack your thread but just wondering where you got your BT44B parts from. It’s the last major kit I need and I have been watching EBay for yonks but it looks like its going to cost me around the $170 or more. This scratch building can be expensive.

Damn,$170.00.I feel for ya bro.I got mine a while back I think for around $70.00.The only thing I can say is keep watching Ebay or ask around.Maybe someone has a spare they can sell/trade.

Dave

OK,so I was glueing the parts on the back of the head when I noticed in the ref pictures it looks like there might be a part that use to be on the model.

If you look at the BT44B parts you can make out a glue mark left by a missing part.You can also see there is no weathering/paint splatter there.

I think I matched it up with a part from the 312B.Did anyone ever mention this before?What do you guys think.

View attachment 149114

Dave

Yeah, someone did - super sleuth work though!
I think Lee also mentioned there seem to be other parts that hang towards the bottom that are missing in the ref and look to be there in the film.

Yeah, someone did - super sleuth work though!
I think Lee also mentioned there seem to be other parts that hang towards the bottom that are missing in the ref and look to be there in the film.
\

Think they were POW turrets on some auto fingery parts...like a F1 distributor cap part. I remember it was black plastic. Thinking 1/20 scale? Lee will likely remember these parts better than me?

Thanks Jason,cool.Yeah I remember Lee & Allan mentioning the Lee part that sits on the M5A1 part.

Now looking at the left side gun,I see what looks like a part sittng under part C3 from the 88mm(toward the rear).In the picture I used part A29 also from the 88,but I don't think it's the right part.

Anyone else see what I'm seeing?

View attachment 149120

View attachment 149121

Dave

Hey Q,very interesting.Would love to learn more.Hopefully Lee can chime in about the parts.Thanks.

Dave

okay, I was mistaken about the POW turrets. You already have them on.

P1020023-vi.jpg

is a close up of my chicken's head. hopefully you can spy the pieces from that.

Dave, do you have my drawing with the donor matrix. It should be on there??

OK,so I was glueing the parts on the back of the head when I noticed in the ref pictures it looks like there might be a part that use to be on the model.

If you look at the BT44B parts you can make out a glue mark left by a missing part.You can also see there is no weathering/paint splatter there.

I think I matched it up with a part from the 312B.Did anyone ever mention this before?What do you guys think.

View attachment 149114

Dave

I too was thinking to put this on mine when I build it, I think it will look better when all painted up and will hide a bit of that fake looking chain that is on the KV part.

Hey Q,are you talking about the 312b & lang parts?If so,yeah I have them,just didn't glue them on yet.

Yeah I have your parts matrix.Very helpful,Thanks.I do have a ?you have part C19 from the M16 & parts E 27,28 from the Flak 38/52 listed.I'm not sure of the location of those parts.

3phase,I not sure if I'm going to add the 312b part.Maybe?

So is anybody else seeing the extra part on the side gun I'm seeing?If you look at the top view it looks like something is there.You can also see a small triangle shape sticking out from the uderside pictures & even the front on shot.

Dave

Hey Q,are you talking about the 312b & lang parts?If so,yeah I have them,just didn't glue them on yet.

Yeah I have your parts matrix.Very helpful,Thanks.I do have a ?you have part C19 from the M16 & parts E 27,28 from the Flak 38/52 listed.I'm not sure of the location of those parts.

3phase,I not sure if I'm going to add the 312b part.Maybe?

So is anybody else seeing the extra part on the side gun I'm seeing?If you look at the top view it looks like something is there.You can also see a small triangle shape sticking out from the uderside pictures & even the front on shot.

Dave

Pt.C19 of the M16: Isn't canon (this is my fault). I used it on the underside of the head -- where the neck pokes thru. I think I got the idea from Allan's creation.

Same (used UNDER the head) holds true for the Flak 52.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Jason,cool.Yeah I remember Lee & Allan mentioning the Lee part that sits on the M5A1 part.

Now looking at the left side gun,I see what looks like a part sittng under part C3 from the 88mm(toward the rear).In the picture I used part A29 also from the 88,but I don't think it's the right part.

Dave

Allan presented a beautiful piece-by-piece layout of his portside gun and that's how I put mine together. I couldn't catch any differences/inconsistancies with his concept and the ref' material.

View attachment 149120

View attachment 149121

Dave

Mate i see what your talking about but no idea what it is. Im at work so can not do to much but the part you have looks to big to be it.

Mate just some questions on the chin gun. Sorry for the crude pic.

1. Just wondering what you have used where I thought the Vosper parts go. Someone did mention to me that they might not be Vosper parts but I can not remember.
2. Also what have you used where I thought the part was the ford fuel plate, thanks for any info.

8555557961_2263db5c86_c.jpg

Thanks Q,I thought they might be used under the head.Yeah,Allan did a wonderful job showing how the side gun was built.I'm still seeing something else there.If I can't find a better part to use,maybe I'll use the 88 part or nothing at all?

Hey 3phase,yeah I don't think it's the right part,but the closest I could find.As for the parts I used instead of the Vosper parts,I used part D10 from the BT44B,only one per kit.I'm not saying these are the right parts,but to my eye the Vosper parts seemed a tad too wide & the wall thickness seemed too thick?

I think some used the fuel plate because it was the closet part they could find?But don't take my word on that.It looks to me the fuel plate puts the main gun barrels a little too far apart,so I just scratched mine.I guess it's up to you to decide what looks right to you.

If you have have any other ? LMK I'll be happy to help the best I can.

Dave

Thanks Q,I thought they might be used under the head.Yeah,Allan did a wonderful job showing how the side gun was built.I'm still seeing something else there.If I can't find a better part to use,maybe I'll use the 88 part or nothing at all?

Hey 3phase,yeah I don't think it's the right part,but the closest I could find.As for the parts I used instead of the Vosper parts,I used part D10 from the BT44B,only one per kit.I'm not saying these are the right parts,but to my eye the Vosper parts seemed a tad too wide & the wall thickness seemed too thick?

I think some used the fuel plate because it was the closet part they could find?But don't take my word on that.It looks to me the fuel plate puts the main gun barrels a little too far apart,so I just scratched mine.I guess it's up to you to decide what looks right to you.

If you have have any other ? LMK I'll be happy to help the best I can.

Dave

Thanks for the info. No thanks about the BT44B parts tho as i cant even get 1 kit :cry

Hey 3phase,yeah I don't think it's the right part,but the closest I could find.
Dave

I had another look at the side gun and to me it almost looks like they have cut the end off the Flak gun and glued on another small part to the end. This would seem strange but the whole gun assembly is made of cut up parts.

What I'm seeing is a part that sits on top of the Flak gun & under the 88 part.I don't think they cut the end off the Flak gun except for the long tip on the end.At least that's what I'm seeing.

Funny,when I first looked at your picture of my chin gun,I didn't even realize it was mine.:lol

Dave

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back