Asolo Theatre - Costume Sale - Sarasota, FL - 9/30-10/1

indiefilmgeek

Sr Member
My parents, that live in Sarasota, noticed this posting and dropped me a line. I thought some of you in the area might be interested in checking out this possible source for unique fabric, armor and period costumes that might assist builders with their projects.

**Not entirely sure if this is post is correctly filed (might need to be moved to the Junkyard), but I'm going to throw this out here since there might be some Central Florida folks on the forum interested in this info. I'm personally NOT selling anything (or connected to this theater in any way)... just passing along the info. :)

INFO:
The Asolo Repertory Theatre in Sarasota, FL will be holding a costume sale on Friday, September 30 and Saturday, October 1 at the Asolo Rep Scenic Studios on Tallevast Road, Sarasota. The sale will be from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. both days.

Costumes that span more than four decades of clothing plus one-of-a-kind specialty and surprise items will be available for purchase. Items offered include dresses, novelty costumes, armor, vintage and contemporary men’s and women’s wear, hats, fabrics (sold by the yard),
uniforms, period costumes and accessories. Prices will range between $1 and $400.

During the 2010-2011 season alone, the Asolo Rep Costume Shop produced nearly 300 different costumes. 62 were built from scratch, 102 were recycled from existing stock, 57 were rented and 76 were purchased.

Steph Gray, Public Relations Coordinator
941.351.9010 x 4800; Steph_Gray@asolo.org

cool deal. a little far away (live in orlando) but may be worth the drive just to get out of the house :)
thanks

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back