Art Asylum / Diamond Select TOS Phaser build with metal parts.

spacerone

Anyone like to participate in building up an Art Asylum / Diamond Select TOS Phaser? We can share ideas and photos to learn from each other and try to build up a TOS phaser that is unique to each of our desires. Looking forward to seeing some previous builds. :confused

Last edited:
Just starting to take this thing apart, does anyone know which paint colors are available that are close to the original ones?

Cool project, I'd like to join in but I have too much on my bench right now.

For the paint colors, Zynolyte dark gray primer is the best match for the phaser 1. I don't care for the rough finish, so I just mix paints to match the color.

For the phaser 2, Krylon shadow gray is the closest match. Testors gray enamel is also pretty close, and comes in spray cans.

The handle is a very dark bronze color, Citadel boltgun metal is a very close match. The color is much darker than the sample on the page.

Thanks Rob! I will check on those paint colors you have provided. I have just finished taken the phaser apart, now I have to cut off and remove the plastic nozzle and figure away to fill in the holes.

JB Weld works great as hole and crack filler. Once it cures, it's extremely strong. To work it smooth, place a piece of wax paper over it and the hole you want to fill, smooth with your finger. Once it's cured for a little while, you can peel the wax paper away.

If your using JB Weld Kwik, it will start to harden in about 5 minutes. It's sandable once it's almost fully cured.

Note: It will generate some heat so use with care on plastics.

JB Weld works great as hole and crack filler. Once it cures, it's extremely strong. To work it smooth, place a piece of wax paper over it and the hole you want to fill, smooth with your finger. Once it's cured for a little while, you can peel the wax paper away.

If your using JB Weld Kwik, it will start to harden in about 5 minutes. It's sandable once it's almost fully cured.

Note: It will generate some heat so use with care on plastics.

Thanks Delmustator! I will give the JB weld a try and see how it works on the phaser holes.

I have 2 that I was planning on spray painting with Rusolium metal silver after putty & sanding...:cool

Chrisisall can you put up some pictures when you finish? I would like to see the results of that color. I was thinking of using the dark bronze rustoleum for my phaser handle.

Here is a picture of the P2 body painted. It took awhile to get the holes to not show, I had to refill them several times because the imprint of the holes would always reappear after sanding and painting them.

I think it looks good now and I'm satisfied with the results. Let me know what you think of it so far.

paintedphaser.jpg

Looks great :thumbsup

Bit of a dumb question, but does anyone know where the velcro patch was on these props ? I've seen shots of the velcro on the communicator and phaser one, but never on the phaser two.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back