Art Asylum / Diamond Select TOS Phaser build with metal parts.

Here is a photo of the P1 with the finished paint job. Had to sand the ruff texture off, but now the body is smooth. Have to get the metal side rails on next. Let me know what you think so far.

paintedp1.jpg

Looks amazing. I got another phaser just because of this thread. When I can it address as fully as YOU have I do not know. But I will. It is the word of Landru.:lol

Looks amazing. I got another phaser just because of this thread. When I can it address as fully as YOU have I do not know. But I will. It is the word of Landru.:lol

Thanks! I would definately like to see your finished phaser. Maybe the old mighty Landru will guide you.:lol

Oh now that's cool!
My sculpture class said to take a hand-sized item & blow it up 5 to 10 times using corrugated cardboard. This was my natural choice.:lol

But the work by Spacerone is meticulously excellent. I *need* to make mine better because of him!

Last edited:
hahah thanks!!! I am equally enjoying this build thread!!!

The P1 looks shinnnny. :love

So whos doing a run of these 10/1 Scale Phasers?

It looks like that task is going to be Chrisisall. :lol

If he can build that large 10/1 scale phaser prop out of cardboard then he should have no problem with the 1/1 scale.:cool Go chris!

Here is an update of the progress of the P1 so far, the photos of the P1 are with the metal side rails and front emitter housing attached only. The side rails took some time to get them on correctly but they came out all right. I'm waiting on two more metal parts so I can replace the gear wheel and diamond plate (aspirator), may be awhile though. Let me know what you think so far.

p1top.jpg

p1bottom.jpg

wow. i always wonder why anyone would bother to pull apart the Diamond phaser and repaint and add metal parts...until i see how COOL they turn out.

Nice job.

Look forward to updates.

wow. i always wonder why anyone would bother to pull apart the Diamond phaser and repaint and add metal parts...until i see how COOL they turn out.

Nice job.

Look forward to updates.

Thanks for your comment! I will keep the updates coming. I always wanted to build one of these phasers. And I saw the potential that the Art Asylum / Diamond Select phaser would have if it was upgraded with some paint and metal parts.

Looks great Spacerone! What's your source for the gear wheel and diamond plate?

Thanks boodha! I got my parts at federationphaser but I'm still waiting on the gear wheel and diamond plate to become available. He does not have them in stock right now so I am waiting for his email to let me know when they are available again. Hopefully soon! But I think he said late July.

His parts are of good quality so I can wait for them. If you visit the site there is a parts menu you click on and a list of parts available will show up. He also upgrades the phasers but there is a long waiting period to have it done. I did not want to wait that long so I decided to build one, now I realize how much work is involved. :unsure

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back