Anyone have Kays pistol from MIB?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sporak @ Jan 5 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1391000[/snapback]</div>
No problem my friend... I'll take some of the other side for you later...
[/b]

Thanks a bunch Sporak.

Can I be real cheeky and ask for pics from the top (tube mounting/sight rail), back (hammer/switch) and bottom (magazine)? Aaaand the front of the barrel. Pretty please? :D

Here's some more ;)
Hope that helps...

1004032cprsmb0.jpg

side1od9.jpg

frontcoll1za4.jpg

bottomwo5.jpg

top1fa9.jpg

:eek Woo momma. Sweet. Thanks Sporak. Never noticed the different sized holes cut in the barrel tip before.

Great Pics. Answers a bunch of questions, so mking a start on this bad boy shouldn't be so much of a problem. I hope. :)

Thanks so very much, man. Once I get started I'll post up some pics and info. :)

I just figured out what I'm gonna use for the base pistol too - a Scorpion lightgun for the Playstation. Think its slightly oversized for a PPK lookalike, so may match up pretty well. Also cheap. ;)

C.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coz @ Jan 7 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]1392284[/snapback]</div>
Never noticed the different sized holes cut in the barrel tip before.[/b]
That's a new one on me, too. Very cool.

What's the lineage of that piece, Sporak? It's a beauty. :love

Thanks for posting your pictures, everybody. :thumbsup

Hope QMx does the Neuralyzer too since I missed MR's.

And maybe QMx can do the Trek Orig Phaser too. That would be TOPS.

Tom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coz @ Jan 4 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]1390749[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for the pics Cyclopsred.

11 inches - that is kinda large - I'll start looking through my gun books. :)

C.
[/b]

I understand that the gun may not have a real gun as a basis, but take a look at a Mauser HSC and the Sig Sauer P230 or 232. The grip and back end sort of look close, maybe close enough for a start.

Anyone know when the Master replicas version is gonna come out of this? I thought it was slated for last year or this year?

Has anyone here seen the orginal castings of this gun? I've owned 2 of these pistols and both had different switches on the back. The first was a big toggle switch that could be pushed down on either side, and the same things with my newer version, except this is a fake switch and cannot be pressed, it looks like it's there just for display. But anyways I saw the pics of the one on this post and that one has a switch that looks like it slides back and fourth. So I guess I'm just trying to figure out which is screen accurate?

Sorry if this is a lame question, but just for the record whatwas the original screenused made from? First I heard polished aluminum, then Iheard it was sprayed shiny silver, sorry but they're are so many different stories I was just wondering is someone can set the record straight. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ricksprops @ Feb 3 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1411079[/snapback]</div>
I did the originals out of aluminum and had then lost waxed. Hated that experience due to the non uniform shrinkage of the two halfs. Took weeks of polishing and fitting to get them just right.

rick
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ricksprops @ Feb 4 2007, 05:47 AM) [snapback]1411429[/snapback]</div>
The original guns on the show were not made of aluminum. I had at the time a TAFA metal spraying machine. It works like a spray gun and atomizes Zinc using an electric arc and under high pressuer air it lays down such a fine mist of metal that you can spray a dollar bill and use it to make fake money. It also is very toxic. You spray it into a very hard urethane mold using PVA as a release. I backed it with urethane and there you have it. A metal coated urethane backed piece. Lots of time polishing it to get that look.
[/b]

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I thought I would make my first post here as I own the original hero screen-used Agent K prop gun (not replica) as discussed in this thread.

Thanks for the welcome. My father purchased the prop from The Prop Store Of London a few years ago and now I'm the proud owner of it. The only pictures I have of the gun at the moment are the ones originally on the aforementioned prop company's website at the time my father purchased it.

If there is anyone on this forum from the prop company then they will be able to confirm its sale to my father.

MIB-HeroKayeGun1.jpg

Last edited:
To Mr. The Grey Man Sr. ?

Kidding mate.

Welcome to the RPF, but if you can post a few pics you yourself take, it would be cool :thumbsup

I will try to get around to taking some images of the gun. I've only just started to get interested in movie props so I would like to ask a question. How do people go about making replicas of movie props that look so accurate? The replicas shown in this thread look very good (there are a number of minor and major things wrong with them when compared to my prop), so has someone at some point made a cast from an original prop or its mould? Sorry to sound thick, but I am new to this.

Very rarely is there only one of anything made for movies, they need stunt versions, hero versions, etc. Add to that screen time, photos, and any notes you can find and you'll get a pretty good replica.

With MIB you also have the fact that several companies have bought the license to make replicas over the years. These companies were sometimes given the originals to reverse engineer or to take specs from or to make castings. Although there was never any mass produced of Kay's pistol there were some made as prototypes.

The original MIB gear is still held at Sony Studios and was just briefly shown on SYFYs Treasure Hunters, 2nd episode, I believe. You may have a hero version but I would doubt it is the only one out there, especially since there was 2 movies.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back