ANOVOS Star Trek Props

Are you going to offer them in kit form as well like the helmets and armors? Or is it too early to tell? :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

YES YES YES, please tell me what you guys want to see. I couldn't agree more on what's been done and over-done in the market.

This is why we launched with big phaser rifles...mostly because no one has ever done them before and...their big !

That's exactly the thinking we need in the Star Trek replica market... not over-doing what has been done before and coming at the collectors fresh with something new.

I won't repeat which replicas I already mentioned in my last post but TNG/DS9/VOY and ENT REALLY need some love in the replica market.

One prop that I would VERY much like to see made that has not been done is the pop-up hand scanner from Star Trek Enterprise with light up screen and the pop-up button in the correct place on black hand grips. There have been a couple of fan kits where the pop-up activation button is on the bottom side face of the grip where the actual prop had it on the top side face I can give you reference if it helps.

Thanks for being open to input and suggestion.

Next Gen props have been mostly overlooked by licensed companies thus far (aside from the old Playmates toys of course) so it would be great to see a cobra phaser, cricket, maybe even the dustbuster. My favorite all time phaser is the boomerang so I'm very glad to see you will be doing that one. Next Gen tricorders are great too.

Will the Anovos props be done in metal or some other material? I have the MR Mk X tricorder but I was always a bit put off by how heavy and awkward it feels. I always envisioned the "real" ones would be some kind of futuristic plastic. Lighter and easier to carry in a holster, plus it would be closer in "feel" to what we see on screen in the resin versions.

Oh and please make a "Search for Spock" phaser to go with with my Monster Maroons. The DST version just won't cut it next to an Anovos MM. A matching communicator would be great too!

Phaser holsters. for TNG AND Boomerangs. Whether your boomerang, the Playmates, or the dolphins... there is a SERIOUS lack of holsters.

That being said.

When does pre-order start for the TNG/DS9 Phaser Rifles? 'cause I'm in!

Looking forward to the boomerang, the MR version was hard to beat. I would like to see a TV ( DS9 VOY) version with the silver (?) buttons instead of the default FC model.

More tricorders are a must, especially a medical mark x.

Anovos are making a lot of people very happy with these announcements.

Price is important, I don't mind paying at the higher end if these are going to be the definitive props and the quality is first class.

I’m not concerned with price in this instance. I would much rather pay a few hundred more for the definitive version of a prop than save money and be less than satisfied. This is something I have wanted for years, and will pay just about anything as long as the quality is superb.

TNG tricorders: Season 1-2 resin science Mark VI with removable medical head, Miarecki vacuform science Mark VI, and science/med Mark VII's are all definitely needed! :)

A good TNG season 3-4 hero cobra phaser has never been done (officially) -- I don't mean the Rodd.com version that was patterned after a prototype made for but seemingly never used on the show (20 setting LEDs). The one I mean was curvier, bulkier, and had 16 setting LEDs in its power meter. One or two of the screen used props in this style had a flip open panel on the bottom face as seen in "The Hunted," and "The Ensigns of Command," and even much later on Data's work bench in "Time's Arrow." It's not often noted, but the prefire ring around the emitter also lit up red (similar to how the dustbusters had a two element emitter light).

A solid cast replica of the TNG season 5-7 and early DS9/VOY phasers hasn't ever been done (officially). These never had lights or even a sticker meter so a solid resin one could still be called "hero," unless you wanted to add a laser and sound like the IPI replica.

Unless it's a medical version, any Mark X tricorder you guys make should ideally come in at $300-350 or less, or else what's the point given the easy availability of the Rodd.com version (which is itself a re-release of the EFX/MR tricorder), though an argument could be made if the hinges aren't ugly :)

I might be in the minority here, but I would be very happy if the tricorders were offered exactly as they were made for the various series: vaccu-formed plastic with some resin parts. I want my prop replicas to be as close to the production made pieces as possible (without the damage and wear, obviously) and I don't plan to wear them around at cons, so I don't need a heavy resin or metal tricorder. Having held/handled screen-used Mark VII and Mark IX tricorders, they're plenty sturdy--in case people think vaccu-formed plastic would be too flimsy. Just my two cents...

Phaser holsters. for TNG AND Boomerangs. Whether your boomerang, the Playmates, or the dolphins... there is a SERIOUS lack of holsters.

Signed. This has been a problem for years for those of us who want to wear our equipment with our uniforms but don't want to scratch build.

Additionally ... Man oh man I've always wanted a dustbuster.

I’m not concerned with price in this instance. I would much rather pay a few hundred more for the definitive version of a prop than save money and be less than satisfied. This is something I have wanted for years, and will pay just about anything as long as the quality is superb.
Something tells me it will be more then just a few hundred. I bet more like a few thousand's, going by the price of the uniforms.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back