ANOVOS Star Trek Props

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by iams001efni, Jul 10, 2015.

1. iams001efni

iams001efni Active Member

I don't think there is a thread dedicated solely to this particular subject yet, so I'll start it off with this.

Looks like you can see a TNG Phaser rifle in the right side of this pic on their facebook page:

[​IMG]

Thats the only thing I've seen so far. Most of the focus has been on the Star Wars items.

2. Felgacarb

Felgacarb Well-Known Member

As I understand it, they have a license to do costumes, not props.

I don't think the rifle is anything they are selling....

3. iams001efni

4. Felgacarb

Felgacarb Well-Known Member

Huh!

If that is true, then fantastic!

I'll look forward to some nice props!

Man, the things I miss when I can't get to ComicCon....

5. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep Anovos is getting into the prop biz!

Maybe Next gen props will finally be getting some love!

Unfated likes this.
  6. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Did anyone catch any pics of what they had on display at Comic Con? I hear that two of the three Phaser Rifle designs used in First Contact were there.

7. NavMidn

NavMidn Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I snapped some photos when I was there yesterday. They had the two phaser rifles from First Contact and the TNG/DS9 phaser rifle.

IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1166.JPG
    IMG_1167.JPG

-John

8. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

These looks extremely promising.

Keen to know pricing, they are pretty high end but that reassures me the props will be half decent.

9. Lost in Trek

Lost in Trek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yup, we are going into props ! I will post some links to much more well developed photos of the phasers. We are not only doing them as highly interactive pieces, but also adding a few angles which not only meet the standards of collectors but also honors our builder world in much the same way we've done with the TK suits. More information to come.

BPShirase, brandomack, AJK001 and 4 others like this.
  11. Apollo

More Trics on the way for those who missed out! :thumbsup

12. jhusel

jhusel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great news Got Maul!!!

13. Foe Hammer

Foe Hammer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome.

14. iams001efni

Fantastic!!! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

15. Flix4Me

Flix4Me Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congrats, bud!

KC

16. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

Don't tease us!

17. renaissance_man

renaissance_man Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm really hoping there are going to be more TNG/DS9/VOY and ENT era props, TOS phasers and communicators have been done to death.

A good TNG Mark VII Science and Medical Tricorder and then a Mark X and then I'd love to see a metal EM-33 from Enterprise and a working pop-up hand scanner from Enterprise would compliment the EM-33 nicely.

Thanks.

BPShirase, bikemancs and iams001efni like this.
  18. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

YES YES YES, please tell me what you guys want to see. I couldn't agree more on what's been done and over-done in the market.

This is why we launched with big phaser rifles...mostly because no one has ever done them before and...their big !

BPShirase, bikemancs and iams001efni like this.
  19. Apollo

TOS Phaser Rifle

pretzel399 and iams001efni like this.
  20. iams001efni

A Cobra phaser with an access panel like in "Ensigns of Command" :D

21. iams001efni

Are you going to offer them in kit form as well like the helmets and armors? Or is it too early to tell? :)

22. renaissance_man

That's exactly the thinking we need in the Star Trek replica market... not over-doing what has been done before and coming at the collectors fresh with something new.

I won't repeat which replicas I already mentioned in my last post but TNG/DS9/VOY and ENT REALLY need some love in the replica market.

One prop that I would VERY much like to see made that has not been done is the pop-up hand scanner from Star Trek Enterprise with light up screen and the pop-up button in the correct place on black hand grips. There have been a couple of fan kits where the pop-up activation button is on the bottom side face of the grip where the actual prop had it on the top side face I can give you reference if it helps.

Thanks for being open to input and suggestion.

23. Foe Hammer

Foe Hammer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Next Gen props have been mostly overlooked by licensed companies thus far (aside from the old Playmates toys of course) so it would be great to see a cobra phaser, cricket, maybe even the dustbuster. My favorite all time phaser is the boomerang so I'm very glad to see you will be doing that one. Next Gen tricorders are great too.

Will the Anovos props be done in metal or some other material? I have the MR Mk X tricorder but I was always a bit put off by how heavy and awkward it feels. I always envisioned the "real" ones would be some kind of futuristic plastic. Lighter and easier to carry in a holster, plus it would be closer in "feel" to what we see on screen in the resin versions.

Oh and please make a "Search for Spock" phaser to go with with my Monster Maroons. The DST version just won't cut it next to an Anovos MM. A matching communicator would be great too!

24. sapper36

sapper36 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

boots & holsters!!!

25. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The rifles look fantastic! Sadly, that usually equates to, "too 'spensive for Funky's wallet." :cry

Robiwon likes this.
  26. MustangGTR1

MustangGTR1 Well-Known Member

It is not what is offered that is the problem with the ST props. What will make or break it is, PRICE.

Unfated likes this.
  27. bikemancs

bikemancs Well-Known Member

Phaser holsters. for TNG AND Boomerangs. Whether your boomerang, the Playmates, or the dolphins... there is a SERIOUS lack of holsters.

That being said.

When does pre-order start for the TNG/DS9 Phaser Rifles? 'cause I'm in!

28. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

Looking forward to the boomerang, the MR version was hard to beat. I would like to see a TV ( DS9 VOY) version with the silver (?) buttons instead of the default FC model.

More tricorders are a must, especially a medical mark x.

Anovos are making a lot of people very happy with these announcements.

Price is important, I don't mind paying at the higher end if these are going to be the definitive props and the quality is first class.

29. Benbot

Benbot New Member

I’m not concerned with price in this instance. I would much rather pay a few hundred more for the definitive version of a prop than save money and be less than satisfied. This is something I have wanted for years, and will pay just about anything as long as the quality is superb.

30. E Williams

E Williams Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

TNG tricorders: Season 1-2 resin science Mark VI with removable medical head, Miarecki vacuform science Mark VI, and science/med Mark VII's are all definitely needed! :)

A good TNG season 3-4 hero cobra phaser has never been done (officially) -- I don't mean the Rodd.com version that was patterned after a prototype made for but seemingly never used on the show (20 setting LEDs). The one I mean was curvier, bulkier, and had 16 setting LEDs in its power meter. One or two of the screen used props in this style had a flip open panel on the bottom face as seen in "The Hunted," and "The Ensigns of Command," and even much later on Data's work bench in "Time's Arrow." It's not often noted, but the prefire ring around the emitter also lit up red (similar to how the dustbusters had a two element emitter light).

A solid cast replica of the TNG season 5-7 and early DS9/VOY phasers hasn't ever been done (officially). These never had lights or even a sticker meter so a solid resin one could still be called "hero," unless you wanted to add a laser and sound like the IPI replica.

Unless it's a medical version, any Mark X tricorder you guys make should ideally come in at $300-350 or less, or else what's the point given the easy availability of the Rodd.com version (which is itself a re-release of the EFX/MR tricorder), though an argument could be made if the hinges aren't ugly :)

31. maxspr1

maxspr1 Member

I might be in the minority here, but I would be very happy if the tricorders were offered exactly as they were made for the various series: vaccu-formed plastic with some resin parts. I want my prop replicas to be as close to the production made pieces as possible (without the damage and wear, obviously) and I don't plan to wear them around at cons, so I don't need a heavy resin or metal tricorder. Having held/handled screen-used Mark VII and Mark IX tricorders, they're plenty sturdy--in case people think vaccu-formed plastic would be too flimsy. Just my two cents...

32. RapidNadion

RapidNadion New Member

Signed. This has been a problem for years for those of us who want to wear our equipment with our uniforms but don't want to scratch build.

Additionally ... Man oh man I've always wanted a dustbuster.

bikemancs likes this.
  33. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

bikemancs likes this.
  34. ursus43

ursus43 Well-Known Member

Who's to say they're not??

35. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

I don't understand your comment? Not what?

36. USS Endeav

USS Endeav Well-Known Member

↑ Going to release holsters.

37. Apollo

Sounds like the Trics wil be given more ommph! :thumbsup

38. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

Thanks USS!

Holsters would be a huge bonus, +1 from me.

39. USS Endeav

Don't quote me but I suspect they will be offered.

40. MustangGTR1

Something tells me it will be more then just a few hundred. I bet more like a few thousand's, going by the price of the uniforms.

41. Apollo

I don't see the Phaser rifles going for under a grand myself

42. MustangGTR1

My guess would be, the Mrk 9 1800 to 2 grand. The others around 2700 plus. The little phasers 600 plus. I have the money, but would not spend that much on them

- - - Updated - - -

They have been around for so, so long, in one form or another .

43. USS Endeav

Before speculating, just wait and see. They sold out of Darth Vader's complete premier costume and I suspect it is the cats meow . This coming
    from a guy that doesn't like star wars! Having seen their costumes in person, they don't do half-* so I wouldn't expect anything less in their
    prop line. Issues of quality and beauty are a non starter.

Price is always subjective. I have always wanted a TWOK Admiral costume so it could have cost many times more and I'd still have purchased it.
    Not everyone would/could or would agree.

44. Benbot

Benbot New Member

I'm primarily interested in the type II hand phasers. As long as they can offer those for under $1000, they are bought. But please ANOVOS, NO die-cast! Weapons and instruments from the future shouldn't be that heavy.

45. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm not a fan of the TNG movies and as such those props just don't get me excited. The phaser rifles are really big and are symbolically the antithesis of what Trek is about.

I do however love the television TNG and DS9 designed stuff and is what pushes my nostalgia buttons. I rather have objects that celebrate hundreds of great episodes than an object that showed up a couple times in one mediocre movie.

A good TNG phaser and a nice TNG Tricorder at decent price points would kill and are desperately needed in the marketplace. Diamond Select is making a TNG Phaser soon(ish) but I'd love to see something a touch nicer in the realm of the Wand Company TOS phaser's level of quality.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    norbauer likes this.
  46. Robiwon

Robiwon Master Member Gone but not forgotten.

This is my humble suggestion. Make and offer two versions, a Hero and a Stunt. The Hero version would have all the lights and sounds. The Stunt version would be devoid of electronics all together. You have your high priced collectors item and then your low priced cosplay item. Everyone is happy and the company makes even more money by offering two versions. The well off or resourceful can get their high end props and the tightwads like me can get a cheaper version and still be happy!!!!! :D

47. czechplastik

czechplastik New Member

Any more info on these?

48. Apollo

I think Trek has taken a back seat to Star Wars

49. Andy3E

Andy3E Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

yeh, but next year being the 50th anniversary hopefully once Force Awakens is done with they can get back to the important stuff ;)

Apollo likes this.
  50. renaissance_man

Don't forget new Star Trek TV series in January 2017! It should give Anovos a boost to get some lesser seen TOS-ENT props out before the new series and generate some buzz.