ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

In the past 48 hours, two members (one, a very long-time member) forfeited their membership due to posts they made in this thread. Issues like this always elicit strong emotional responses, but please make sure that any post you make complies with our Community Guidelines, especially with regard to these two points:

From section 1. of our community guidelines:
Each member of the Community is responsible for 1) showing respect for the Community and other members of the Community and 2) not abusing the Community and other members of the Community.

From section 2A. of our community guidelines:
Our Communities are all about sharing and interacting with the Community in respectful ways. Predatory behavior, stalking, attacking, demeaning, threats, harassment, intimidation, and inciting others to commit violent acts are unacceptable. Any legal threat, express or implied, against our Communities, company or membership will result in immediate termination of your account.

Also, please keep this in mind.

From section 4. of our community guidelines:
Please note that your actions outside the confines of our Communities may affect your membership.

We do not want to lose any more members over this thread. Please don't force our hand.

Last edited:
In the past 48 hours, two members (one, a very long-time member) forfeited their membership due to posts they made in this thread. Issues like this always elicit strong emotional responses, but please make sure that any post you make complies with our Community Guidelines, especially with regard to these two points:

From section 1. of our community guidelines:
Each member of the Community is responsible for 1) showing respect for the Community and other members of the Community and 2) not abusing the Community and other members of the Community.

From section 2A. of our community guidelines:
Our Communities are all about sharing and interacting with the Community in respectful ways. Predatory behavior, stalking, attacking, demeaning, threats, harassment, intimidation, and inciting others to commit violent acts are unacceptable. Any legal threat, express or implied, against our Communities, company or membership will result in immediate termination of your account.

Also, please keep this in mind.

Please note that your actions outside the confines of our Communities may affect your membership.

We do not want to lose any more members over this thread. Please don't force our hand.

This is good. Thanks for laying it out from the very rule book.

But I have a question that is NOT meant to stir up anything and I am speaking not just to Art but anyone else who wants to chime in - NOT meant to stir things up - but my question is, with regard to the citations from section 1 and 4, would not Dana Gasser and Joe Salcedo also be banned?

Again, not looking to stir things but it is my opinion that their behavior is addressed in "2) not abusing the Community and other members of the Community" and section "4) Please note that your actions outside the confines of our Communities may affect your membership."

And maybe even "predatory behavior" applies.

I know they do not keep much of a presence here now of course. And it is probably good that they are not banned so that they can see how upset people are getting even at their silence. But just my opinion that their behavior merits being run out of town on RPF.

Again, just making a point. Venting. Best to keep this on props right now -

Yes, RS is doing great things. Really great things.

THE ONE thing Anovos does not understand is how much damage their silence does.

That is a fair question, darthjones.

We ban for two reasons; first and foremost in an effort to protect this community's members, second and far more rarely, to protect the RPF itself. As much as those we have banned in the past might feel differently, we don't ban as a punishment. We aren't parents (at least not of this rabble ;)). We aren't here to change or correct anyone. Our guidelines exist to protect our members (and ourselves) as much as we are able in this very tiny corner of the internet.

ANOVOS does not operate here / does not advertise here / does not sell here. @gotmaul has responded from time to time, but outside of that, they don't use the RPF for business purposes. With that in mind, banning @gotmaul or dgasser would only be a symbolic gesture. It wouldn't protect anyone or change the current situation. We have never used our position to make such gestures (which in my opinion, border on a political nature since they have no practical ramifications) and as much as some might like us to, we don't plan to start now.

This is good. Thanks for laying it out from the very rule book.

But I have a question that is NOT meant to stir up anything and I am speaking not just to Art but anyone else who wants to chime in - NOT meant to stir things up - but my question is, with regard to the citations from section 1 and 4, would not Dana Gasser and Joe Salcedo also be banned?

Again, not looking to stir things but it is my opinion that their behavior is addressed in "2) not abusing the Community and other members of the Community" and section "4) Please note that your actions outside the confines of our Communities may affect your membership."

And maybe even "predatory behavior" applies.

I know they do not keep much of a presence here now of course. And it is probably good that they are not banned so that they can see how upset people are getting even at their silence. But just my opinion that their behavior merits being run out of town on RPF.

Hi Art.

I do not intend to push this issue but I do want to make a few points.

So you do not feel that section 4 applies?

Also, you state...
ANOVOS does not operate here / does not advertise here / does not sell here.
However there are posts such as these.
This type of post is promoting their own products and diverting people to buy their items.

With that in mind, banning @gotmaul or @dgasser would only be a symbolic gesture.
True, but isn't that a symbol you would want for this board? Do you really want to be able to say that there are members here that have taken $$$$$$$ from your members and not delivered but you still consider them as members in good standings?

I would think that a lot of these rules are to protect both the members and their reputations and the board's reputation. I would have to argue that the board's great reputation was earned through the tireless skills and efforts or valued and trusted members. And in turn, the members here are valued because of their connection to the RPF. It's a symbolic relationship.

I hope you understand why membership may be concerned. It seems like you have protected us in circumstances less then this. We want to feel safe and supported here as we have in the past. Thank you for listening.

Hi Art.

I do not intend to push this issue but I do want to make a few points.

So you do not feel that section 4 applies?

I absolutely see where you might feel it applies, but again, from our POV, while the concerns people have with ANOVOS happened outside the RPF, because gotmaul and/or dgasser don't sell here, banning them doesn't protect anyone.

Also, you state...

However there are posts such as these.
This type of post is promoting their own products and diverting people to buy their items.

There are certainly isolated incidences of this, but again, they aren't actively advertising here. Even this thread itself, which I started, could be considered a promotion but if we blew this thread away, members would be up in arms.

True, but isn't that a symbol you would want for this board? Do you really want to be able to say that there are members here that have taken $$$$$$$ from your members and not delivered but you still consider them as members in good standings?

You are asking for us to make an empty gesture.

When there has been a sales issue here in the past, we rarely ban a seller as long as they are continuing to communicate and it appears they are still making an effort to push product out. I can think of one very notorious seller here who owed tens of thousands of dollars to members he maintained a membership for another 5 years after his sales issues were brought to light. He was only banned after he made it very obvious he had no interest in fulfilling his obligations.

I hope you understand why membership may be concerned. It seems like you have protected us in circumstances less then this. We want to feel safe and supported here as we have in the past. Thank you for listening.

I do understand the concern. If we felt there was something we could protect you from in this situation, we would act. At this point, we don't. What we can and are doing, is continuing to provide a platform for members to address these concerns publicly, as they see fit (as long as the guidelines are followed).

Last edited:
I don't agree with Art on this but he has politely answered everyone's fair points and stated the RPF's position. At this point it's beating a dead horse. Any Anovos question is covered in his response.

Switching gears I would like to see if anyone has firm knowledge on Anovos' future. I have numerous pre-orders through other vendors and I would really like to receive them someday and not lose my depositis, although I assume BBTS and EE will happily convert my deposits to store credit.

Thanks

I don't agree with Art as well. They don't use their accounts abd just take up undeeded storage space. If I did the same I would be Banned

SPFX and Darth Stone have been Banned for doing the exact same thing.(those are examples off top my head)

I'll add to that disagreement. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Anovos is using their membership status here to quell criticism of them by the community. I've seen this tactic used a number of times by various companies: a rep joins the community, relations sour, and suddenly you can't complain about that company because they have a membership on the board.

Just want to say that I really like how civil we are all being. Seriously. Sometimes life is just such a drag that we need our simple excitement, even if ridiculous, of dressing up and enjoying the Halloween season. Given the nature of this hobby I imagine that applies to everyone here.

And for a pursuit like that to be hauled over into lawsuits and monetary loss and struggle defeats the purpose.

With all of my eggs and budget in one company/ product I have no other plans or time for plans. I just sit out Halloween basically and have grown used to it.

I am so excited to share this, as it is great news for Star Wars fans but also a win for this community, as dgasser and @gotmaul, the founders of ANOVOS came out of this community! As many know, Museum Replicas held the high-end Star Wars costume license for years, promised much, and delivered little. They lost the license last year and after an insanely long negotiation, ANOVOS was able to pick the license up! They already have a number of projects in the works and are showing off some very early prototypes this weekend at C2E2.

To me, this is one of the greatest things we see in this hobby; fans like us, who started right here, doing what we love, and eventually taking that passion and being able to make a livlihood from it! From Adam Savage, to Volpin Props to ANOVOS and dozens and dozens of others, my hat is off to you! Congrats on living the dream!

Click here for a full press release:
Channel Han, Luke and Darth Vader with official 'Star Wars' costumes - CNET

Click here to check out there existing lines of high-end Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek costumes!
ANOVOS Productions LLC | ANOVOS Productions LLC

Here they are, purposefully failing at being coy with their C2E2 posts... ;)
View attachment 316526

And five years later, we are back here again with one change:

“As many know, “ANOVOS” held the high-end Star Wars costume license for years, promised much, and delivered little.”

I don't agree with Art on this but he has politely answered everyone's fair points and stated the RPF's position. At this point it's beating a dead horse. Any Anovos question is covered in his response.

Switching gears I would like to see if anyone has firm knowledge on Anovos' future. I have numerous pre-orders through other vendors and I would really like to receive them someday and not lose my depositis, although I assume BBTS and EE will happily convert my deposits to store credit.

Thanks

I’ve heard from someone at Anovos (take it for what it’s worth) that even with the lawsuit, they are claiming it will not affect their shipping (lol) or production.

Just received my refund through my CC company. Painless process that only took about 2 weeks. They just needed copies of emails to back up the dispute.
That’s the way forward, guys. Thought with it being past 6 months it would be a problem, but not the case.
I would suggest people go down this route since Anovos certainly aren’t going to play ball.

Why, oh why can companies make such amazing product and yet bungle the business end so bad. The Master Replicas, EFX, and Anovos stuff I have is BEYOND amazing. Breaks the heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make great product. Sell to lots of people. Make good money. Seems like a winner.

BTW this is rhetorical.

I’d still be willing to wait for my delayed helmet if they were capable of communicating, and, when they do communicate, actually following through with what they promise, as far as shipment, refunds, updates, etc. They told me explicitly that there would be big, descriptive updates about what was happening with my order, and everything else that has been delayed. This did not happen. They said everything was going according to plan and on schedule, and then let delivery windows slip by without so much as a word of explanation.

Which is worse: a friend who never answers the phone unless he needs money and goes radio silent for 6 months at a time, or a friend who answers text messages and makes plans over the phone regularly but never actually shows up for anything, and never responds about that 20 bucks you lent him months ago for lunch?

Those are apparently the two friends we have in the licensed side of this hobby.

I’ve noticed that the anovos TLJ first order helmets are selling for $400 in Galaxys edge.

Does anyone know if the are the standard or premier versions? Cause if they are the standard ones with the raw hard hat style lining they are nearly double the price of anywhere else, and if they are the premier versions with fully lined interior they are cheaper than on any other sites

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back