ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I was joking, of course (out of frustration). I don't know how much more "civil and courteous discussion" can be done with a company that simply ignores most attempts at such through normal channels. At Cons their people are focussed on showing off what they make, and divert most attempts at bringing up issues.

Chinese factories don’t work that way. They don’t qprioritize “big players”. If a factory needs more workers they just hire more quickly since China has a large workforce.
Either Anovos only has money to produce one or two items here or there or Anovos isn’t paying the factories in which case the factories are not shipping or want to work with them.

Lol, we’re back around to the Chinese New Year holiday debacle. It’s a broken record with Anovos. Same lame excuses or presumed now since they don’t speak anymore. Appears they are just swallowing up the sheep’s money with all the preorders we see every 2wks. Going on 5 months trying to get a refund... hilariously wrong. Oh well. This bs has totally put me off on collecting. And has tainted any trust to preordering with any company now. Sad.

The pulls look fantastic. Makes you wonder... Episode 9 has been filming these last few months... and Anovos did the promo suits for the other films... maybe they've been secretly contracted to do the screen-used armor and that is the reason for all the silence and delays...

They 100% haven't, trust me.

I just received the interest list email on the FOTK kit. I know there is alot of bad feelings on this thread, but I bit. I have an OT kit from them and it is quite nice (I think). I got a medical scare last year and its harder for me to say no to things like this anymore since who knows if I'll be around "next time". and it also for whatever reason, makes me more patient. I regret not getting in on the opening pricing but I thought I was going to live forever when they put that out!:lol:

Still no response to my request for a refund sent on January 11. 7 separate emails trying to sell me stuff in that time though. Unacceptable.

If it gets to the 1 month mark (anyone want to bet against that?) I’m going to start sending regular emails to whatever the best Disney contact we have is. Not sure who that is, I know there were a couple names people had tried.

Given the problems listed in this thread I can't believe anyone still willingly gives money to these guys.

Jagjaguwar I'd contact your CC company and file a complaint. Sounds like Anovos is still continuing to ignore people.

Given the problems listed in this thread I can't believe anyone still willingly gives money to these guys.

Jagjaguwar I'd contact your CC company and file a complaint. Sounds like Anovos is still continuing to ignore people.
Well, we are all different in our approach I believe. I have gotten everything I ordered from them that I bought when notified they were in stock. OT trooper helmet kit, less than a week from order to arrival, same for replacement armor parts, as well as the FO F-11 kit. I did pre order a LJ FO helmet which has been delayed, but I was aware (because of this thread) that that would probably happen,didn't buy with intention of wearing it at a particular time. I based my decision on what I had received and this thread.
We must be aware that all companies/corporations will grind your granny to paste for a dollar and take measures. Heres a story of a big corp that tried to screw me and I smiled my way to resolution just this weekend. Bought a new iPad Pro and Pencil. Sold the previous versions to subsidize. Co worker who bought them couldn't get pencil to charge. Google. Known issue when battery isn't charged for long period pencil is garbage. Apple website states out of warranty pencil repair 26 bucks. After We discuss Co worker makes appointment, takes in pencil, gets told Apple doesn't repair those and he'll just have to purchase another for $100. To my chagrin he does this. Wants me to pay for pencil! I make appointment take in old pencil, tell them what I see on website. $26 and change, 5 minutes later I walk out with brand new apple pencil.
Did Apple screw my friend? Yes. On purpose? Most likely no, but maybe. Is Anovos doing a good job communicating/Manufacturing in a timely fashion? No. Are they a Ponzi scheme? I hope not, but they may be robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Perhaps the business of catering to movie fanatics is cursed. I'm not defending Anovos, but I will say that from Model manufactures, to Props, to Garage kit makers, they take a lot of licks from us fans (and sometimes a lot of money).
We should always research as much as we can, buy what you can afford (my toughest) and pay in a way that you can most easily be refunded.

I don't understand your story completely, but I will say comparing Apple to Anovos is like apples to oranges (get it? :) )
Apple takes your money and delivers quality product.
Anovos is only interested in taking your money.

People can spend their money however; personally I'm not a fan of giving a company an interest free loan to take vacations, buy houses, etc until they decide to get around to running their business and delivering product like it's a part-time hobby.

My point was just that whether they are worth $1 trillion or $100 they WANT MONEY, everything else is secondary.Your satisfaction, worker safety, product quality, all is ancillary. Apple is fine without the $100 they got from my unarmed (with the will to push back) friend. To be more direct I guess I still willingly gave Anovos money because I don't fear not getting a product or a return of monies as I walked into it eyes open. If every person who dealt with them got a decided not to, then this thread would not be here as Anovos would not. Clearly people are going to receive FO costumes, I chose to wait instead of getting in on the opening run for this exact reason- I hadn't seen much product. I bought an OT kit off the JY here. Quality (in my opinion was great) I then got on the interest list for certain things and they delivered. I am not defending them, but I am saying no one can make decisions for others or understand why we do what we do. I see other people are upset and want their money. I hope they get it. I would rather they got the stuff they wanted and I guess they would too. Perhaps the money I just handed over will go to the worthy cause of getting someone a refund. Maybe I'm getting old? Maybe my recent health change has changed my outlook? I don't know/ I just know that once before I die I want to walk out in public in a Stormtrooper costume and hopefully I will. If not, I'm sure my wife will spend the money on clothes if I have to get a refund. I don't even know why I opened my big mouth, I wasn't trying to rile anyone, just brag about a plastic costume I may never see.:lol:

Still no response to my request for a refund sent on January 11. 7 separate emails trying to sell me stuff in that time though. Unacceptable.

If it gets to the 1 month mark (anyone want to bet against that?) I’m going to start sending regular emails to whatever the best Disney contact we have is. Not sure who that is, I know there were a couple names people had tried.

Are you saying you never got confirmation that you requested a refund? I used the chat on 1/3 and canceled all my pending Anovos orders. They stated it would take 8 to 12 weeks to receive money back. After some more discussion they said if I have not gotten the refunds by the 8 week mark that is when you should contact them back.

I'm pretty sure I won't get anything back before that 8 week mark (this will be week 5 for me). I will definitely start pushing more at week 8.

Interesting e-mail blast form Anovos today...
They are trying to sell FO Storm Trooper kits specifically from "very limited number of spots have come open from original buyers dropping out during the course of product development."

Hmmm

Steve

Are you saying you never got confirmation that you requested a refund? I used the chat on 1/3 and canceled all my pending Anovos orders.
Yep, I tried for 3 or 4 straight days to get the chat to work when it was supposed to be live and it never worked for me, so I sent an email 1/11. Chat didn’t work when I tried today either for whatever reason. I did get an auto-reply within a minute of my 1/11 email saying that support staff were “reviewing” my request, but no confirmation of a cancellation.

Thanks for the reminder about how many weeks it could be- I’ll expect it within that time frame in that case.

I don’t suggest waiting for Anovos to issue a refund. Dispute it with with your credit card company now, otherwise after 8-12 weeks, you may not be able to. My credit card issuer settled my dispute claim in a matter of hours and credited my account - makes me think they already had experience in disputes with Anovos.

Interesting e-mail blast form Anovos today...
They are trying to sell FO Storm Trooper kits specifically from "very limited number of spots have come open from original buyers dropping out during the course of product development."

Hmmm

Steve

Yeah, I got that email too. I think they are hemorrhaging money, and need to replace the money quickly whenever they have to refund. If the kits where actually ready soon, they can put them on their website as in stock, and charge an extra 15% or more over the preorder discount. I doubt they are anywhere near done, and they need the money now.

Are you saying you never got confirmation that you requested a refund? I used the chat on 1/3 and canceled all my pending Anovos orders. They stated it would take 8 to 12 weeks to receive money back. After some more discussion they said if I have not gotten the refunds by the 8 week mark that is when you should contact them back.

I'm pretty sure I won't get anything back before that 8 week mark (this will be week 5 for me). I will definitely start pushing more at week 8.

HTF does it take 8-12 weeks to cancel and order and send out a check or credit a CC account? That's wholly unacceptable as well. It's stuff like this that's kept me from cancelling my FO kit. However, i just plan to sell the damn thing whenever i get it. Seems to be the much easier route than dealing with these people. I think if i got that response trying to get a refund i'd be taking it to the BBB.

After being in business this long, cancelling an order should be as easy as, verifying the order was made and paid for, clicking a button or two to cancel the order, then issuing the refund. No part in the process requires 2-3 months. NOTHING. Except, not having the cash.

After being in business this long, cancelling an order should be as easy as, verifying the order was made and paid for, clicking a button or two to cancel the order, then issuing the refund. No part in the process requires 2-3 months. NOTHING. Except, not having the cash.

Refunds are only easy when you have funds. Seems like they don't. No funds nor merchandise, It's as simple as that.
You either wait it out, or take them to small claims court.

Refunds are only easy when you have funds. Seems like they don't. No funds nor merchandise, It's as simple as that.
You either wait it out, or take them to small claims court.

This does make sense logically. It should literally take minutes to process a refund. When I cancelled all my orders a year ago (Kylo premier and FO premier kit), it took 2 weeks of constantly chatting with them online before I got my refund back. 8-12 weeks for a refund is clearly a stall tactic and makes you worry that they don't even have the money for refunds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back