ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I don't know if this question has been asked, but I'm gonna. What is the recourse if Anovos folds? They are 40 plus products in the hole and have only delivered two. They have taken full payment from buyers on I have no idea how many items and have shipped...just two.

This question has kept me from ordering their Kylo premium helmet.

Aye. But they offer a full refund on request, and they don´t stop communication when a customer asks for the refund.

In my books that´s way better than EFX non refundable deposits, and no communication.

And it's for those reasons that now I will only order from EFX through an authorized retailer.

While that may be a byproduct of the process, I do not think it is the main reason. If that was the case, they could simply take deposits (even non-refundable deposits). But instead they take payment in full upon order.

The cash to fund future products is part of it as well. Anovos has said that themselves. Having money to produce new products and not make products that won't sell well enough are both good reasons to do the preorder model.

They do have the instalment plan for certain products now.

My biggest concern with the preorder model is you only have prototypes to decide if you want to order or not. Sometimes they make changes to the final product.

The cash to fund future products is part of it as well. Anovos has said that themselves. Having money to produce new products and not make products that won't sell well enough are both good reasons to do the preorder model.

They do have the instalment plan for certain products now.

My biggest concern with the preorder model is you only have prototypes to decide if you want to order or not. Sometimes they make changes to the final product.

And wont show you the final products despite numerous requests to do so, my concern at the moment is when they say production complete awaiting testing what company in their right minds completes a line THEN gets it tested so therefore one of those statements must be a lie

And wont show you the final products despite numerous requests to do so, my concern at the moment is when they say production complete awaiting testing what company in their right minds completes a line THEN gets it tested so therefore one of those statements must be a lie
I certainly hope there is testing before full production starts and during production. I could see an additional final test before shipping them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agreed but they claim production complete

Production may be complete. The licensor and/or legal department may require more testing before actually shipping. They don't want to just assume everything is fine then get sued for defective products or people getting injured. There normally is lots of testing at various stages of manufacturing.

I don't see any reason to think testing after production is a lie. It's the smart thing to do as well as test prototypes and products during manufacture.

Getting a refund from Anovos isn't even remotely as easy as they make it sound. I've been arguing with them for over a week about issuing a refund and it still hasn't happened. I've been made to fill out a 6 page "refund questionnaire" and, in spite of multiple emails back and forth, have yet to see a dime refunded to my PayPal account. Given their "F" rating from the BBB for refusing to respond to numerous complaints, it's only a matter of time before PayPal freezes their account.

Just to follow up on my previous post... Anovos finally issued a refund to my paypal account today, Unfortunately, the refund is in "Pending" status because, as was explained to me by a paypal rep, Anovos couldn't cover the cost of the refund without initiating an e-check from their bank to cover the refund. This refund was for less than $200.

Just to follow up on my previous post... Anovos finally issued a refund to my paypal account today, Unfortunately, the refund is in "Pending" status because, as was explained to me by a paypal rep, Anovos couldn't cover the cost of the refund without initiating an e-check from their bank to cover the refund. This refund was for less than $200.

THAT isn't worrisome?!

It can indeed be worrysome, but on the other hand i know a lot of people that don´t agree on paypals way to handle things. They have a account for paypal use only, and never have any money on it. Only when they need to pay something they transfer the needed amount.

It can indeed be worrysome, but on the other hand i know a lot of people that don´t agree on paypals way to handle things. They have a account for paypal use only, and never have any money on it. Only when they need to pay something they transfer the needed amount.

I would tend to agree, but when I spoke with Paypal earlier this week, the paypal rep informed me that PayPal frequently suspends the accounts of businesses who have active issues with the BBB. Since Anovos has major issues with BBB, this is eventually going to be an issue.

My concern with Anovos is in how they've handled these issues. If they were completely on the up and up, there would be no reason to not respond to BBB complaints. Instead, they ignore them. Where the goodwill towards the fan community? How about not announcing 65 new products when you've failed to meet a single delivery date? How about making your customers who are still waiting your priority? They think of their profits first and their customers second while seemingly ignoring the fact that they continue to alienate potential buyers with their complete lack of customer support.

Wow, this sounds like a really shady scenario. I still can't understand why they continue to introduce new products when they can't deliver stuff that was announced over 2 years ago! I've got a buddy that ordered the full Darth Vader costume when it was first announced and he's starting to think he is never going to see it. You'd think after the debacle eFx turned into that they wouldn't follow that same path, but they're turning into just as big of a joke which is a shame because I was actually looking forward to a few of their products.

I also find it a little strange that Got Maul who used to post regularly and answer questions from customers has not posted since Nov. 5th of last year. What the hell happened to that guy?

Just put in a refund request myself for one of the products (need money), hopefully I don't have any issues. Filled out the questionaire, I too was like "wtf" when I saw the 6 pages but really it's like a page and a half worth of questions :p

Echeck isn't anything weird though. Also the BBB is bs. A ton of super**** companies have good ratings cause they pay. It's basically Yelp.

edit: echeck basically means they are paying it straight out of a bank account btw, that takes time to clear. People do instant payments in pp cause they add a second source like a credit card as a backup.

THAT isn't worrisome?!

no

edit: just heard back about my cancellation, seems pretty painless. 2-4 days to get the money back in my account but assuming it's all good there it was really simply and quick...

edit: another update, just checked my paypal, odd I didn't get an email about it before, but there is my refund pending the bank transfer that they initiated on the 5th. so all looks well, easy communication and refund!

also for anyone curious I cancelled the shadow trooper helmet

final edit: refund completed successfully, easy.

Last edited:
Just chiming in, the BBB is a private company thats known and proven (at least in the past) to accept membership fee's for high ratings and in turn when not paid said fee a negative rating is issued. Dealing with the BBB is looked at as dealing with extortion by many in the business community. Where once the BBB was a novel idea its now a fossil.

There is a sense of witch hunt brewing. If people dont feel comfortable about pre ordering, dont.

Ive no stake in all this. I paid for and received a trooper kit, with a horrid helmet. I wont be buying anything from Anovos again based on that fact. Replica companies come and go, some accept pre sale funds then vaporize with no product or refunds issued. If youre comfortable with the potential risk to save $$$ then pre order. If youre not, wait till the product is in hand and ready to ship at a higher price. Or do what we all used to do, make it yourself or go fan made.

bcca9a5d3a82b184dc03b5cf9aa0c380.jpg

2e5c0b695fbd93b6e272d58bf24b23e8.jpg

Taken tonight from Disneyland. For sale!!

They have information that additional details are available on Anovos.com so these are Anovos.

I was at Disneyland last month, & saw these pieces. I took it as an opportunity to view, in person, the items I've had on order now for 2 years. Nothing more. If you bought them there, you will not leave with them. Instead, you will be on the same waiting list as the rest of us. The only difference from the products bought there as opposed to buying online?..... You'll have to buy a $100 ticket to be able to buy from there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back