ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I was on the Anvos update page and a very nice CS person bubbled in asking if I had any questions.

I asked about the ATAT and Tie helmets. They should be huge. Most people do not realize how big these things were. They dwarfed the Vader helmet. He said they are screen accurate and quite large. He said they were not unwearable but bigger than any of their other helmets.

I asked about the OT Stormy kit for $450 as I missed out the first time they were offered. He said they expect to sell out in October at current sales rate.

The complete costumes being parted out, AT AT, Tie, Vader, etc. He said they still want to try and do that but currently there are no concrete plans as they are still trying to get the complete costumes made.

I asked about the rumor about props and he confirmed what I was told before that their current license DOES NOT allow props, lightsabers, blasters, etc. He said they would like to in the future and so it might change but as of now they can not make them.

I could not think of anything else on the spot but I suggest anyone with other questions go there and post the questions and answers here.

Thomas

I just asked about the AT AT full suit and helmet being sold out but on the update page being mentioned as new orders on hold. So I asked if they were going to be offered again once they are caught up. He said the best answer is maybe. Basically once the run is completed if there is enough interest they would likely do another run.

Thomas

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say it's nice getting updates from a live person and their updates page is updated regularly. I am not saying they are perfect but much better communication than other license holders and if they can get caught up will be pretty awesome.

Thomas

Here's the story on the new droid caller from SDCC. The holster is almost ready. The thing that's holding it up is that Disney is insisting they package all the greeblies and the droid caller in individual boxes because they plan on selling them at the Disney Parks. So the belt will come in a box, with three smaller boxes inside to hold the accessories.

Is it just me or is that...really stupid sounding? Who is going to go to a Disney park to buy Han belt tools separately from a belt? The belt buckles were one thing, because any trucker can slap one on their belly, but belt tools? Really?

Because people are odd to put it politely. Some want to buy one piece at a time, some a full set, etc. I guarantee that buying the 3 pieces individually will cost more than a set and that people will still do it that way.

Yeah, I get that part, what I don't get is the 'so they can sell it at Disney parks' bit - not living near one, do people run into parks for a shopping trip? I would have assumed it was park visitors, and it's that audience I can't see going "OH! HONEY! LOOKEE HERE! THEY'VE DONE GOTS HAN SOLO'S BELT TOOLS!". Just seems like an odd market to try and move those things, but again, don't live near a park so :confused

Yeah, I get that part, what I don't get is the 'so they can sell it at Disney parks' bit - not living near one, do people run into parks for a shopping trip? I would have assumed it was park visitors, and it's that audience I can't see going "OH! HONEY! LOOKEE HERE! THEY'VE DONE GOTS HAN SOLO'S BELT TOOLS!". Just seems like an odd market to try and move those things, but again, don't live near a park so :confused

Gotta have park exclusives to draw people in I guess.

I imagine so. Many people run businesses that will deliver items to you at your hotel IN the park. My mom and sister found 3 different people willing to deliver pins that weren't available at the park any longer for trading. Got some food, and i think they found other stuff as well. If people will go to the hotels to deliver, i imagine they'll run in to buy stuff.

Anovos posted this on Facebook:

No Han Solo costume is complete without a full metal Droid Caller! This intricately detailed new accessory is now in stock and ready to ship (no smuggling required): http://bit.ly/29PNnCy‪#‎StarWars‬‪#‎HanSolo‬

Hey, you know what else makes a Han Solo costume not complete...?

...EVERYTHING ELSE HAN SOLO RELATED THAT PEOPLE HAVE ORDERED IN THE PAST TWO YEARS THAT STILL HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED!!!!

Sheesh! :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Anovos posted this on Facebook:

Hey, you know what else makes a Han Solo costume not complete...?

...EVERYTHING ELSE HAN SOLO RELATED THAT PEOPLE HAVE ORDERED IN THE PAST TWO YEARS THAT STILL HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED!!!!

Sheesh! :facepalm

I don't know if this question has been asked, but I'm gonna. What is the recourse if Anovos folds? They are 40 plus products in the hole and have only delivered two. They have taken full payment from buyers on I have no idea how many items and have shipped...just two. If they fold tomorrow, a lot of people will be out a lot of money. Is there any way to secure recompense? Are people who have preordered and paid in full even thinking that sort of "Worst Case" scenario?

Just food for thought.

I don't know if this question has been asked, but I'm gonna. What is the recourse if Anovos folds? They are 40 plus products in the hole and have only delivered two. They have taken full payment from buyers on I have no idea how many items and have shipped...just two. If they fold tomorrow, a lot of people will be out a lot of money. Is there any way to secure recompense? Are people who have preordered and paid in full even thinking that sort of "Worst Case" scenario?

Just food for thought.

I have wondered the same thing too.

I understand the pros of luring in buyers with lower pricing so that they do not have to front their own money (or at least not all of it) to invest in new production. However a lot of these products are pre-sold at Tier pricing which means they already cut into possible profits. Then you have to figure that any delays costs money since unexpected material costs, production costs, labor costs, etc... after all, in business, time is money. Then you have to consider a lot of our money is also going to travel and convention costs for all these shows they are going. I don't have access to their accounting books so maybe it all makes sense. But I think there is a real possibility that their planned profits for items may fall short of what they planned.

Then you have to consider a lot of our money is also going to travel and convention costs for all these shows they are going. I don't have access to their accounting books so maybe it all makes sense. But I think there is a real possibility that their planned profits for items may fall short of what they planned.

Didn't they call that "Research"?

Are people who have preordered and paid in full even thinking that sort of "Worst Case" scenario?

This is the reason I went back and forth on my FO trooper preorder, and why I cancelled my Kylo Ren Premium preorder.

I ended up waiting to get the FO trooper until the helmet was in hand ready to ship by a reseller. I will be doing the same thing with the Kylo Ren helmet, as it just seems too big a risk to drop a $600 preorder with a company that has to this point very much failed in their production goals. I honestly don't see them in business 5 years down the road, and the worst part is, I also wonder how many products will still have not been delivered?

What are the two items they have shipped out??? The only thing I have received was the FO Trooper Helmet I am still waiting on my OT Stormtrooper helmet to arrive.

What are the two items they have shipped out??? The only thing I have received was the FO Trooper Helmet I am still waiting on my OT Stormtrooper helmet to arrive.

I believe this is the correct answer:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=37&p=4010150&viewfull=1#post4010150

They have shipped the Imperial Stormtrooper kit, First Order Standard helmet, and 501st exclusive First Order Stormtrooper kit.

They also sell a Disney Park exclusive Imperial belt buckle but that was never a pre-order.

They have also shipped some of the Vader helmets.

The Shadowtroopers should be shipping pretty soon.

I believe one of the main reasons for the preorder model is to help determine how many to make and if there is enough interest to make the product at all. Anovos cancelled one version of the Imperial Officer (black with helmet) and the Standard Kylo Ren helmet because of insufficient orders. There have been many cases of companies making Star Wars products, putting them up for sale, then they liquidate alot of them because they made too many. Most of these companies are small enough that they can't survive for long with loses on very many products.

I have faith that Anovos will come through on the long delayed products. However it does appear TFA products get through the process faster than OT products.

I believe one of the main reasons for the preorder model is to help determine how many to make and if there is enough interest to make the product at all. Anovos cancelled one version of the Imperial Officer (black with helmet) and the Standard Kylo Ren helmet because of insufficient orders.

While that may be a byproduct of the process, I do not think it is the main reason. If that was the case, they could simply take deposits (even non-refundable deposits). But instead they take payment in full upon order.

Aye. But they offer a full refund on request, and they don´t stop communication when a customer asks for the refund.

In my books that´s way better than EFX non refundable deposits, and no communication.

mine too, I'll po with anovos though I'll keep it to a minimum as I don't really have a ton of trust yet

I won't from efx, that's just pain and stress there

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back