ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The mouse probably doesn't care unless the feds aren't paid....
It seems like bad business not to care, though.

ANOVOS does mostly Star Wars stuff and is more or less the only player for these kinds of items, if they don't deliver and have been all but stealing peoples money for years, that reflects badly on Disney/Lucasfilm for allowing them to go about their shady business and not shutting it down.
They are using Disney IP to swindle people and that seems fine to the mouse?

Having production issues in the first year because you are a new business and get way more orders than anticipated while production is also more complicated than you expected seems normal (naive, sure) and I would give anyone the benefit of the doubt there. But this has been going on for years, and it's not like they catch up and fix everything before moving on. They are running a classic scheme by pumping out (but not really) item after item without actually following through on most of it.

If you objectively look at how they operate, you can't call it anything but grossly incompetent at best and plain fraud at worst. In both cases I don't see how Disney would want to keep being associated with them and allow them to profit off of their IP and damaging their reputation by association.

But I'm not a multi billion dollar corporation, so I'm probably missing something here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's things like this that make me shake me head in wonder that people are still willing to give them their money.

Got the green grey imperial Officer cap today, rogue one greeblie pin, and letter noting the OT cockade will be mailed at a later date.

Waiting on a FOTK Kit, Starfleet Captain Bomber jackets and undershirts, Rogue One Cassian jacket, and TOS sparkly pants.

Got the green grey imperial Officer cap today, rogue one greeblie pin, and letter noting the OT cockade will be mailed at a later date.

Waiting on a FOTK Kit, Starfleet Captain Bomber jackets and undershirts, Rogue One Cassian jacket, and TOS sparkly pants.

So all the interesting items that you really want didn't arrive? That's weird.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
2020-07-28 00_38_46-ANOVOS Productions LLC _ ANOVOS Productions LLC.png

I saw that someone on the FB FOTK group received their LJ FO helmet . Says he ordered it first day offered. So did I, where’s mine? Why does it say quarter 4 now if they have the damn things? I want my stuff before I die or the next trilogy finishes!

It seems like bad business not to care, though.

ANOVOS does mostly Star Wars stuff and is more or less the only player for these kinds of items, if they don't deliver and have been all but stealing peoples money for years, that reflects badly on Disney/Lucasfilm for allowing them to go about their shady business and not shutting it down.
They are using Disney IP to swindle people and that seems fine to the mouse?

Having production issues in the first year because you are a new business and get way more orders than anticipated while production is also more complicated than you expected seems normal (naive, sure) and I would give anyone the benefit of the doubt there. But this has been going on for years, and it's not like they catch up and fix everything before moving on. They are running a classic scheme by pumping out (but not really) item after item without actually following through on most of it.

If you objectively look at how they operate, you can't call it anything but grossly incompetent at best and plain fraud at worst. In both cases I don't see how Disney would want to keep being associated with them and allow them to profit off of their IP and damaging their reputation by association.

But I'm not a multi billion dollar corporation, so I'm probably missing something here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The issue is the Disney Exec don’t know anything about the problems since its effectively just a tiny, insignificant blip when compared to the overall Disney Licensing/Merch behemoth.

The guys Who are actually responsible for this (and EFX) are just a small licensing team, and I they really just don’t give a ****. At least that’s the impression I’ve received.

Nothing will change unless the Disney Merch SVP/Exec starts to hear about it, so it becomes a problem for them.

Cheers

Jez

The issue is the Disney Exec don’t know anything about the problems since its effectively just a tiny, insignificant blip when compared to the overall Disney Licensing/Merch behemoth.

The guys Who are actually responsible for this (and EFX) are just a small licensing team, and I they really just don’t give a fuc&. At least that’s the impression I’ve received.

Nothing will change unless the Disney Merch SVP/Exec starts to hear about it, so it becomes a problem for them.

Cheers

Jez

Jez - if you had the chance to write to an "involved" Disney family member, what might you say? And if you want to PM me with it, I am certain I can get it read.

The problem, I think, is that Anovos can always point to what Disney agrees are legitimate China problems.

It is awful. But if Disney were to "do something" they would probably just pull the license and both our money and product order (even if in another 2 #### years) will both be gone.

Those are my impressions.

Disney SHOULD admit being duped (but cannot due to legal precedent), SHOULD take all of Joe and Dana's money (cannot legally), SHOULD fulfill all orders at Disney expense (again, legalities prevent it), and then SHOULD dissolve the company and leave Joe and Dana potentially homeless with no way to start a business or get employed ever again.

When you wish upon a star, right?!!!

But Disney also received who knows how many FOTK costumes from Anovos to fill their automated attraction at two parks that should have gone to the individual customers first. That aspect alone leads me to believe Disney doesn't care as long as they're taken care of.

Jez - if you had the chance to write to an "involved" Disney family member, what might you say? And if you want to PM me with it, I am certain I can get it read.

The problem, I think, is that Anovos can always point to what Disney agrees are legitimate China problems.

It is awful. But if Disney were to "do something" they would probably just pull the license and both our money and product order (even if in another 2 #### years) will both be gone.

Those are my impressions.

Disney SHOULD admit being duped (but cannot due to legal precedent), SHOULD take all of Joe and Dana's money (cannot legally), SHOULD fulfill all orders at Disney expense (again, legalities prevent it), and then SHOULD dissolve the company and leave Joe and Dana potentially homeless with no way to start a business or get employed ever again.

When you wish upon a star, right?!!!

I'd say, it's been 4 years since i've ordered my FOTK. There are NO legitimate China problems that result in a 4 year wait. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. What's worse, is they've got it pushed to Q4 which would be 4.5 years! And I think we'd all agree the odds of them hitting q4 are slim to none.

They can claim China for maybe a 1-2 year turnaround. 4+? Hell no. That's squarely on you and/or your licensee's.

And, you know, if there somehow is that million to 1 shot that it's actually because of china, which it shouldn't be since i was told by Jose when i ordered they were shifing it to the US then, then they owe us a DETAILED explanation of what went wrong and how they plan to fix the situation. Nothing less suffices. You can't take (steal) people's money for 4 years and simply push your dates out a quarter at a time. They aren't doing a damned thing to allay anyone's fears or concerns. Not a damn thing.

If they don't get anything else, they need to understand that all people see is them not seemingly doing anything whatsoever during this period, which in my case is 4 bleeping years. There's not been a single 'sorry, we've had problems' email or anything. Just routinely pushing out the date like they think anyone believes those dates. There wasn't even a direct comment last year when they said they'd be getting it all worked out. We're now, what? 16 months past that with no obvious changes in how anything was done - other than no refunds on newer orders.

I'm sure the pandemic is affecting them. It's foolish to think it's not. However that's the ONLY thing we've heard from these people since last early spring - the pandemic. News flash for them, the pandemic didn't affect anything until 2020....please explain the other 3+ years of delays.

As someone who spent what they consider a large sum of money 4 years ago, i'm flat out entitled to know what the hell is going on.

i haven't seen the armor at galaxy's edge in person (on account of my trip being cancelled this week), but every time I see it on a youtube vlog, I remember this thread

I am not really sure why this is still going on and so hard to understand for some people here.... it's really pretty simple. As they say, follow the money.....or read all 408 pages of this thread....

Pretty simple Joe and Dana took our money and delivered little to nothing. Was that their intent or just the worst business model ever? I don't personally know.

If people have learned anything in this 6+ year journey with Anovos, YES 6 YEARS, do not order from them if you want something in a timely manner.

I can say that I am 100% happy with the items that I did receive from Anovos and Charlie always responded to me and I believe he was doing the best he could with what he was allowed to say so I am not just an Anovos basher and I really did want to see them turn things around but sadly it appears that is just not going to happen although I wish it would.

Last edited:
Lawsuit got a settlement that is handled out privately according to the PACER documents.

See documents 74 to 76 :(. would have hoped that some of their dirt is "forced out into the light"... (thats why i was watching that case closely even though i am from europe...

Lawsuit got a settlement that is handled out privately according to the PACER documents.

See documents 74 to 76 :(. would have hoped that some of their dirt is "forced out into the light"... (thats why i was watching that case closely even though i am from europe...

If I had to guess there would be non-disclosure agreements as part of a settlement so you probably will only hear the boilerplate information the parties are allowed to respond with.

Just saying, if I headlined that lawsuit i would not take an NDA. Everyone deserves an answer. Not just those lucky enough to be in because they lived in the right state.
If I remember correctly the guy that brought the lawsuit was owed like $40,000 so if I was him I think I would have agreed to just about anything to get that money back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back