ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

If a company doesn't have enough of an item to fill all orders, refunds seem like a reasonable response. What more do you expect them to do? It isn't reasonable to expect them to have just a few more made by factories on the other side of the world.

Anovos has offered extra items to people who ordered certain items that had issues.

Sometimes the nature of the communication from the customer influences their reaction. Threatening legal action can certainly sour any good will offers.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yep, the only person getting any money will be the lawyer! :lol

Yeah, I somehow missed that first time. Nope. The sheer litigious...SILLINESS aside of that, I think he's going to have a VERY hard time proving any breach of any presumed 'contract' (he didn't have a contract with them to build him something any more than you have a 'contract' with the grocery store to 'commission' a piggy for you when you buy a package of bacon - they were selling a product). Anovos has never ever given a hard delivery date either, so proving a breach of said contract, if it existed, is going to be rather difficult. The 'contract', such as it was, was that he would pay for a product, Anovos would deliver it at their best effort, which they thought, but didn't guarantee, would be a certain rough time period, or he could have his money back if he changed his mind. They didn't 'fail to deliver it', they failed to deliver it when he wanted it. Those are different things, and seem pretty clearly covered in Anovos's product description - they'll do their best, but make no promises. Sure that kinda sucks, but this, THIS kind of nonsense is why American lawyers are considered such ambulance chasers.

:facepalm

Well I am one of those ambulance chasing lawyers you are referring too and as you can see in my post I was pointing out that the costs to sue out weigh the risks of any possible recovery, if any. But anyone can sue anyone in today's court system. That is why we live in a democracy and America. You may think that this is a bad thing, but actually more good has come out of it then bad, its just not news worthy enough to post in newspapers or the nightly news. For example, fathers now have baby changing tables in department store bathrooms just like the woman's bathrooms because of a lawsuit for equal treatment. As a father of three who has changed many diapers, I am glad someone did sue to get department stores to treat fathers the same as mothers and we do not have to change diapers on the bathroom floors anymore. That is just one example. But also, the upset consumer can sue pro se and without an attorney if he so chooses. That is his right. But like most, I do not see any benefit since he received a full refund. But to each his own. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am thinking about ordering the Anovos AT-AT helmet from entertainment earth, has anybody ordered anything from them? It says shipping in April 2017 are their shipping dates accurate? I don't want to get stuck with constant delay notices.

I am thinking about ordering the Anovos AT-AT helmet from entertainment earth, has anybody ordered anything from them? It says shipping in April 2017 are their shipping dates accurate? I don't want to get stuck with constant delay notices.

Their shipping dates are going be based on what Anovos )or any company providing them with product) tells them. They don't have a crystal ball... although they do have a
[h=2]Harry Potter Professor Trelawney Mini Bust[/h]who is holding a crystal ball. :p

Most likely it will be a few months past that but most people are getting their Anovos orders and liking the projects.

Gman71, I am an attorney and have helped several members with issues with Anovos and eFX. It looks like you were refunded due to ANOVOS not having the stock to fulfill your order which I am assuming also means they are not going to produce any more Premier Han Solo Bespin Outfits. Since you received a full refund, your additional damages such as lost interest on your $1,200 is probably not enough to warrant bringing legal action against ANOVOS. As an attorney, I would be concerned with you getting your money back which appears to have occurred. I know it sucks, but sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles and this is one where any likely recovery does not warrant the legal fees and costs in bringing a lawsuit. I am assuming that ANOVOS told you talk to their attorney after you brought up suing them which is a normal reaction from some companies who have been advised that they are going to be sued. I hope this helps you in deciding your future actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just took the California bar exam in February and waiting for my results!! That is awesome that you've been able to help other fans! Hope to be able to do the same soon. I thought about seeking legal action against EFX as soon as I pass because they have about $3500 of my money and i can't get a refund for any of it. But the court filing fees alone will keep me from doing it...plus I doubt that a small claims judgement will help in getting my money or the product back any time soon.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the AT AT helmet from entertainment earth, really looking forward to seeing it in real life one of my favorite helmets. For those of you who have ordered an AT AT or Tie Pilot helmet and received them how are you liking them, do they feel sturdy, does it compare to the MR or EFX helmets?

Rogue one tank trooper helmet arrived IMG_8273.JPGIMG_8274.JPGIMG_8275.JPGIMG_8276.JPGIMG_8277.JPG

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the AT AT helmet from entertainment earth, really looking forward to seeing it in real life one of my favorite helmets. For those of you who have ordered an AT AT or Tie Pilot helmet and received them how are you liking them, do they feel sturdy, does it compare to the MR or EFX helmets?

It is (the AT-AT helmet, I've not received the TIE helmet yet) a very beautiful helmet, & I love that it's in my collection. It is not like MR or eFX in that it's not made of fiberglass. It is made of vac-formed ABS, like the screen used ones. It is light weight, & kinda worrying when you first pick it up, but it is well made.

It is (the AT-AT helmet, I've not received the TIE helmet yet) a very beautiful helmet, & I love that it's in my collection. It is not like MR or eFX in that it's not made of fiberglass. It is made of vac-formed ABS, like the screen used ones. It is light weight, & kinda worrying when you first pick it up, but it is well made.
Yeah I agree it looks like its gonna be a stunning piece, part of me wishes they would have done a fiberglass premier version but that would have made it even more expensive than this one. Although like you said abs is more accurate.

Here is my unboxing/ review video for the Anovos Darth Vader Helmet (Fiberglass)

https://youtu.be/KPFM3UtpFPg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back