ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Weren't the Force Unleshed stormtroopers based on the ROTJ armor?

Pretty late response for this question, but I feel like responding anyway.
From what I've observed on the 501st's site, Force Unleashed armor (not the helmets) appears to be based on ROTJ, what with the white "U" gasket along the edges, but the helmets and hand guards are definitely based on on ANH stunts. At least from what I observed.
As others said, Battle Front is ROTJ.

Did they say if the x wing helmets will only be sold as completed helmets or also as kits? They had the questionnaire about interest in kits a while back. X wing helmets would make sense as a kit. The Poe helmet looks way too clean.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything about what those X-Wing helmets will be made of (e.g. ABS or more 'premium' fibreglass)? Hope they might eventually get round to re-doing Luke and Wedge for those of us who missed EFX's, and then expanding to other (or providing blanks to customise).

There's a Shoretrooper Facebook group, and one of the members was talking to Anovos who said they would also be making Shoretrooper armor kits. I also understand that the box art on the Shoretrooper helmet hints at "armour coming soon".

Sean

I saw Anovos's products on display at Celebration and WOW. We are in good hands with these guys, they put the effort in to make them of the highest quality. Seeing all the products in person was jaw dropping

I can't believe how "creamy" krennics white suit and cape is!

I am a huge death trooper fan, I can only imagine the price on that complete armor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it in person and it definitely was closer to the picture you posted MJF, but there was a distinct beigne or manilla look.

Last edited:
Rey's helmet is pretty awesome but I wish they'd offer a Luke Red 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do I. It will be interesting to see if they do. Hasn't it been a long time since a new OT product has been offered?

I would like x wing pilot helmet kits with multiple decal options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IMG_0870.JPG

Here re is my Anovos AT AT helmet. Primo job love it.
like the originals the helmet is actually made out of vacuum formed ABS. Which is black ABS. It's then sprayed a gray so on the interior you do get a little bit of the overspray like the originals as well. Since this was prototyped out by Moncal for Anovos, you're basically getting a ABS version of the Monical helmet. Absolutely spectacular piece very happy that I got mine when I did.

Received (finally) my ANH TIE Pilot Ensemble last week. Awesome bobble head helmet! :lol
The build quality is really good and comparable to the classic Stormtrooper helmets with the vacuum formed ABS. But in terms of the build / finishing, I think my TIE helmet came out much better than my Shadowtrooper helmet. One difference is that the TIE came with a hardhat liner whereas my Shadowtrooper came only with some pads.

Attachments

• anovos_anh_tie.jpg
    anovos_anh_tie.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Received (finally) my ANH TIE Pilot Ensemble last week. Awesome bobble head helmet! [emoji38]
The build quality is really good and comparable to the classic Stormtrooper helmets with the vacuum formed ABS. But in terms of the build / finishing, I think my TIE helmet came out much better than my Shadowtrooper helmet. One difference is that the TIE came with a hardhat liner whereas my Shadowtrooper came only with some pads.
It's funny you say the Shadowtrooper only came with pads. The early batches of stormtrooper helmets came with the hardhat liner. Anovos announced the stormtrooper helmet kits will have the pads and not the hardhat liner. Some people feel that the pads are an upgrade and they have a worse version.

It's funny you say the Shadowtrooper only came with pads. The early batches of stormtrooper helmets came with the hardhat liner. Anovos announced the stormtrooper helmet kits will have the pads and not the hardhat liner. Some people feel that the pads are an upgrade and they have a worse version.

Didn't intend to make it sound like one is better than the other, but I do prefer the hard hat liner in the TIE helmet (over the pads in the Shadowtrooper's). For the Shoretrooper and First Order TIE helmets, I prefer the pads (not that they came with hard hat liners anyway). Due to the weight of the premier helmets, the pads help keep the buckets on my head more securely. :)

Didn't intend to make it sound like one is better than the other, but I do prefer the hard hat liner in the TIE helmet (over the pads in the Shadowtrooper's). For the Shoretrooper and First Order TIE helmets, I prefer the pads (not that they came with hard hat liners anyway). Due to the weight of the premier helmets, the pads help keep the buckets on my head more securely. :)
I think the pads look better. I'm not sure which is better for wearability. It seems like lots of ST builds use the pads where other heavier helmets use the hardhat liner.

I just thought it was funny that two people have the exact opposite preference. I guess that just shows an enhancement for one person may be a downgrade for another. Neither is wrong, just different opinions.

View attachment 721829

Here re is my Anovos AT AT helmet. Primo job love it.
like the originals the helmet is actually made out of vacuum formed ABS. Which is black ABS. It's then sprayed a gray so on the interior you do get a little bit of the overspray like the originals as well. Since this was prototyped out by Moncal for Anovos, you're basically getting a ABS version of the Monical helmet. Absolutely spectacular piece very happy that I got mine when I did.

Anovos scrapped using Cal's stuff. Yes, the "prototypes" seen/used early on are his stuff, the final products are completely non-Moncal

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back