ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I received an email survey from Anovos with questions about interest in kits. Any thoughts what this may be about? There was the unfinished X-Wing helmet spotted a while back.

Maybe unfinished OT and ST X-Wing and Boba/Jango Fett helmets. They may want to sell these but not deal with the level of weathering and painting they need to look right. Those all have lots of customization potential on top of the various helmets we saw in the films.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice helmet and review on the Phasma, Gabe. Would like one of those. Unfortunately, IMO, price is too steep for what you receive. I just received the FO Tie Pilot and my first Premier line helmet. Very impressed with Anovoses quality premier line. Some glue marks but can live with it or eventually try to clean them off. It's comparable to MR and EFx helmets as Gabe mentioned, only thing is the price is basically the same but without a display stand and plaque.

IMG_1150.JPGIMG_1151.JPGIMG_1152.JPG

i haven't been in here for a while. a friend of mine last night informed me anovos is going to do a fett helmet? is there any truth behind this?

i haven't been in here for a while. a friend of mine last night informed me anovos is going to do a fett helmet? is there any truth behind this?

I think they've had one at a few cons, but beyond that, I am not sure anything official has come out. I hope I am wrong though, I'd love a kit version.

They 3D printed one and commissioned one of the TDH guys to paint it up. Think they are struggling with how to have a factory paint them with any degree of quality and duplication.
This is one item that they should offer as an unpainted kit. Doubtful it will get any farther than the EFX Fett helmet.

I would defintely prefer a good kit. Anovos has been doing a great job with the paint, but I just can't see them getting Fett's complicated paintjob correct. Plus a raw kit would give you more finishing options.

I am patiently waiting and hoping that they do start offering more kits, Fett or not. I just can't justify a $700 helmet that I would have a huge desire to repaint such as the Shoretrooper or Kylo.

A Fett helmet kit may be one of the items being considered related to their kit questionnaire. That and a x-wing helmet kit make the most sense to me because of the complexity of the painting.

I'd also be interested in a Shoretrooper kit. The finished helmet is nice, but could use more weathering and paint chipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@DarthMaul

I'm just posting this here because I'll doubt anyone will know the answer who handles customer service...

I'm happy with my Han Solo holster, but when do you guys expect to ship the promised greeblies? I received the droid caller, but quite frankly, its far from accurate. I'm wondering about the ETA on the two power cells and soda cannister.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten a few Anovos costumes and have been impressed with each item. Han Bespin, Luke Bespin and Star Trek TNG Command burgundy top. All have exceeded my expectations. I hope to get more from them in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im wondering if they will also offer the Episode 8 stuff with better delivery times. I mean the Kylo Ren Costume is up for pre order for a year. Rogue One stuff is delivered way faster, however its just helmets. So I hope they'll offer the Episode 8 stuff as fast as the R1 stuff.. or even faster. I mean I critizised Anovos a lot in the past but I have to admit they improved in some ways. Hopefully we'll see more soon. Kits would be awesome!

There has been a 3D scan and a prototype was painted and displayed. It was placed on the back burner for their TFA and RO offerings.

Im wondering if they will also offer the Episode 8 stuff with better delivery times. I mean the Kylo Ren Costume is up for pre order for a year. Rogue One stuff is delivered way faster, however its just helmets. So I hope they'll offer the Episode 8 stuff as fast as the R1 stuff.. or even faster. I mean I critizised Anovos a lot in the past but I have to admit they improved in some ways. Hopefully we'll see more soon. Kits would be awesome!
Full costumes often take longer than helmets because multiple suppliers are involved in making the various pieces of the costume. This mainly applies to costumes like Vader with various materials.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

If anybody gets a shipping notice for the "March" Shoretrooper batch please inform us. Thanks!

I ordered mine on Dec 22 and am still waiting, should have shipped in wave 1&2. Their online customer service keeps telling me that it should be shipping soon.... I really shouldn't be surprised that they can't deliver something on time once again.

If anybody gets a shipping notice for the "March" Shoretrooper batch please inform us. Thanks!
from posts in the FB groups, it would appear most are getting an email stating there will be further delays due to "unexpected production delays". I'm not sure how anyone can possibly find delays from Anovos "unexpected" these days. It's the standard for them.

Not to pull off topic, but since GOTMAUL is working in these forums again, I have a question I'm begging of him to answer. What happened to the Han Solo Bespin Premiere ensembles that started, but stopped shipping in November? Your customers were told then that there was a problem with the shirts and they had to be redone. It's been 4 months since then and nothing. Also no greeblies have arrived for the Han Solo holster rig. Can we PLEASE get a meaningful update on these?

Just got the email for TFA Han Solo jacket w greeblies. Anyone have thoughts on this one? I wonder if ANOVOS will complete the ensemble?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back