ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

How's everyone's shipping costs been for Anovos? I've purchased three helmets from them and a Darth Vader accessory which have shipped for an average of $22.75. I can live with that but I Just went to purchase the Shoretrooper helmet and it's coming up with $48.98 shipping, more than double what I've been paying. Curious what other domestic people have had.

I did not proceed with my order.

I have been paying about $50 for shipping of helmets if I remember correctly. The 10% coupons used to pretty much offset the shipping cost for the fiberglass helmets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have been paying about $50 for shipping of helmets if I remember correctly. The 10% coupons used to pretty much offset the shipping cost for the fiberglass helmets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

When I ordered my Vader helmet in June 2015, shipping was under $12 bucks. Maybe they had a special going or something. When I ordered the OT Stormtrooper helmet in Feb. 2016, shipping was under $18. $50 would be a hard pill to swallow.

Shipping for the Death Trooper helmet was $41.58 plus $12 handling fee. The Phasma and FO TIE were about $34 for shipping in early 2016.

I would think the cost for shipping in the US would vary depending on how far it will be shipped from California.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Excellent point. I live in California so that's probably why I got shipping so cheap. Taxes, on the other hand, run about 10%.

How's everyone's shipping costs been for Anovos? I've purchased three helmets from them and a Darth Vader accessory which have shipped for an average of $22.75. I can live with that but I Just went to purchase the Shoretrooper helmet and it's coming up with $48.98 shipping, more than double what I've been paying. Curious what other domestic people have had.

I did not proceed with my order.
The Anovos Blog page mentions air shipping directly from the manufacturer to speed up delivery for certain products. Maybe the Shoretrooper is one of those products. I wouldn't be surprised since it is one of the recent releases.

Just got the Shore trooper helmet.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Shipping for the Death Trooper helmet was $41.58 plus $12 handling fee. The Phasma and FO TIE were about $34 for shipping in early 2016.

I would think the cost for shipping in the US would vary depending on how far it will be shipped from California.

I just received the Phasma helmet a couple of weeks ago and shipping was $27, that's why I was so surprised to see $50 for shipping come up for the Shoretrooper. I'm happy to wait a couple more days and keep the cheaper shipping!

Received my Anovos Shoretrooper helmet yesterday (part of Wave 2). This thing is awesome, the quality is definitely top notch (especially compared to the standard line helmets). I'm not sure how well it'll hold up when trooping / cosplaying - there's no ventilation and not much room for fan mods, it'll be a fairly tight fit. Personally, I like the weathering Anovos applied to these helmets, which make each one unique in their own way. Seeing other owners' pictures and how theirs differ to mine feels like each of these helmets have a story of their own.

Now I'm tempted to pick up the FO TIE pilot helmet for the Q2 shipment (been on the fence about it). Question for those that got the Anovos FO TIE pilot helmet, is there a hole at the breather tube area or is that covered up by the interior lining?

Attachments

• IMG_5541.JPG
    IMG_5541.JPG
    554.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5543.JPG
    IMG_5543.JPG
    534.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Just received the email that the FOTK kits are slipping to Q2.

Certainly disappointed to hear the news so close to the end of Q1, but happy to see Anovos taking steps to improve their communications.

Sean

Yeah - just got word today that Kylo costume, purchased a year ago, is now Q3 instead of Q1. I can almost guarantee you this will not come through before Halloween. For their estimates to be this far off is dishonest. OF COURSE it is a complicated piece. So just suck it up and say "a year" or "two years" when someone orders. And if your company tanks, change something. The products are nice but there is no excitement or anticipation left upon receiving the piece. I know a couple where one of them ordered a costume and it showed up after they broke up - just sucks.

I ordered mine on Dec 22 and am still waiting, should have shipped in wave 1&2. Their online customer service keeps telling me that it should be shipping soon.... I really shouldn't be surprised that they can't deliver something on time once again.

Considering they've been shipping these pretty quickly and regularly, there's no reason to think you'll be waiting 2-3 years for this order. :D

@darthjones and every other poster still waiting on your Anovos order after years. Please don't go silent on this issue. I often feel like I'm the only one left that hasn't received their order. And not to make enemies--but I don't really care at this point--I also feel that GotMaul--as the face of Anovos on these boards--has a duty to his customers to answer our questions with far less selectivity. Correct or not, I get the impression you are avoiding the tough questions that require accountability. We have legitimate concerns that deserve respectful and meaningful answers.

Right. NO ONE here is asking them to skimp on quality - just address the fact that delivery of goods comes outside the timeframe of reasonable expectations. And since that is the case, just say it. Say it up front. I would be upset if ANOVOS were not doing this out of a fear of losing business - that is deceitful. JUST TELL US WHEN WE ORDER. And I refuse to believe that you at Anovos are so out of touch with your production that estimates can be off by a year or more. As in, I'm sorry, not this month like we said but MAYBE a year from now ...as if none of you guys talk to one another at Anovos. And if you extend an estimate on the release calendar, do it ONCE - don't keep extending it.

@darthjones and every other poster still waiting on your Anovos order after years. Please don't go silent on this issue. I often feel like I'm the only one left that hasn't received their order. And not to make enemies--but I don't really care at this point--I also feel that GotMaul--as the face of Anovos on these boards--has a duty to his customers to answer our questions with far less selectivity. Correct or not, I get the impression you are avoiding the tough questions that require accountability. We have legitimate concerns that deserve respectful and meaningful answers.

As far as I know, no OT stormtrooper or trooper helmet kits have ever been shipped. These are obviously one of the simplest products they have offered. Other than basic trimming, very little work is involved. My guess is they sold way more full kits and completed helmets than the factory had capacity to produce in the time allowed. Anovos chose to prioritize delivery of the full kits and completed helmets over the helmet kits.

I'm also waiting on the Vader Wingman TIE Pilot helmet.

Anyone know how the payment plan system is supposed to work? I ordered one of the Kylo Ren Premier helmets, second wave I think. Last payment was back in January. Didn't get any message about my payments being finished, no shipping invoice, nothing. Sent an email, sent a ticket thing on the site, nothing. Tried the chat and after saying they didn't have any record of my order being completed (huh?), they sent me a link to pay for the shipping charges.

That was March 1st. Where's my helmet?

As far as I know, no OT stormtrooper or trooper helmet kits have ever been shipped. These are obviously one of the simplest products they have offered. Other than basic trimming, very little work is involved. My guess is they sold way more full kits and completed helmets than the factory had capacity to produce in the time allowed. Anovos chose to prioritize delivery of the full kits and completed helmets over the helmet kits.

I'm also waiting on the Vader Wingman TIE Pilot helmet.

I ordered the OT Stormtrooper helmet and still have not received it yet. Hoping to get the Snowtrooper by whatever quarter they have pushed it back too.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back