ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Just received the Anovos standard TIE helmet (UK) and got stung for £68 import tax.

With all the import tax and crazy shipping prices I've paid over the years, I reckon I could have afforded loads of other props and stuff!

Just received the Anovos standard TIE helmet (UK) and got stung for £68 import tax.

With all the import tax and crazy shipping prices I've paid over the years, I reckon I could have afforded loads of other props and stuff!
Got Maul what's all this £68 import people are paying! think I got overcharged at £115!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Got Maul what's all this £68 import people are paying! think I got overcharged at £115!

Assume it's based on the cost of the item declared on the customs form.

My TIE helmet was just over $300 (after Black Friday discount), so the import tax would be based on this cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
a few people that ordered the kylo at the same time as me have been charged £68

Then THEIR customs office/officer seems to have made a mistake.

Your item price with added shipping is base for the customs calculation - add around 20% VAT, and depending on what kind of item the customs decided your goods are they may have added a few % tax, too (most of the time between 3-8%).

That´s more or less standard in the EU, i don´t think your government already changed this yet. But be prepared that with the brexit the same treatment will happen when buying from any EU country, which is free now.

Then THEIR customs office/officer seems to have made a mistake.

Your item price with added shipping is base for the customs calculation - add around 20% VAT, and depending on what kind of item the customs decided your goods are they may have added a few % tax, too (most of the time between 3-8%).

That´s more or less standard in the EU, i don´t think your government already changed this yet. But be prepared that with the brexit the same treatment will happen when buying from any EU country, which is free now.
Damn! I didnt vote for Brexit! in fact, I don't personally know anybody that did!

it's crazy!

Customs charges are nothing to do with Anovos, was the TIE lid cheaper?
no, but I don't understand why people who ordered the same thing are paying less than me for the same item, with the same carrier.

everybody I know who ordered the kylo to the UK have been charged £68.

Yes but GotMaul wont know the answer to that only customs or you contact the persons paying lees to see what their totals were
the sender can reclaim postage. it's happened to me a couple of times (not anovos)

I bought something recently from America, with a certain postage price. when it arrived, I was charged extra postage from the carrier.

I'm not too bothered... what's ah extra £45?

Last edited:
I just measured my head and its 22" so it will fit you. Just don't put the top pad in.

Unfortunately I don't own the Black Series helmet.

Thank you! I ordered the stand form a guy on eBay that made it for me based on the stand used at the Launchbay at Disneyland. The display box I ordered from casesforcollectibles.com

What size case are you ordering for your helmet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What size case are you ordering for your helmet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im actually putting all my helmets in besta cabinets (you can see them in the background of the video) and put glass doors on them. Unfortunately it seems that IKEA stopped making the large glass doors so I might have to get them made.

Last edited:
Wow, I think I might need this Kylo Ren helmet now. To my eye, considering the softening effects of film, the paint job looks perfect. You can see the speckles in the film, and I'm sure they looked more dramatic in-person. As Adam Savage points out, most props have more dramatic details than what appears on film.

Using the current conversion rate"
a current Kylo is 699US, or 549UK. 20% vat is 109
a current TIe is 349US, or 275UK. 20% vat is 63

Seems as if the value being put on forms is the current pricing as that's what a replacement would cost. Anyone not being charged the 100+ VAT for the helmet seems to have been undercharged or possibly had a much much lower purchase price listed on their forms.

They just posted 40% Off Code: CARBONITE40 for Han Solo™ "Bespin" Standard Line Ensemble w/Belt

I just ordered! Happy to have this re-ordered after my cancellation of the premiere line. I'll take the standard line for $337.73 shipped!

Anyone selling off their ANOVOS Han Solo holster? LOL

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back