Another ILM Avenger Stardestroyer project

Yodamat

Hey guys,

after some private model projects far far away from Star Wars, I recently found my new project... the ILM Avenger Stardestroyer in studio scale. However, I want to do it right, so I started research with many pictures I found in here and on other sites.

In matter of fact, that I`m surely not the first guy starting such a project, I was wondering if I could get some support from you guys. Actually I´m building up a list of model kits they have used for kitbashing the ILM model. But this research surely had been done too. So question is, is there anyone who can help?

I will keep you informed about my project within this thread, so stay tuned... for the next 5-10 years or so :D :D :D

(Ps. don`t wonder about my grammatics... ze german doezn`t know better)

Plenty of pics and discussion on this board for that kind of project: the search button is your friend and willkommen (that's the extend of my German:() to the RPF;)

I tried the search button and found some threads about the ILM star destroyer... and I soaked them up like Spongebob a bottle of Vodka... but no intel about this seen :(

Hey there. While I'm not building a full scale ISD 2, I'm building Randy Cooper's amazing 3.5 foot model, and updating certain iconic areas with scaled down prints of the original kit parts. While I'm only doing a few areas of the model, it turned into a massive research and kit buying project.

The thread below has been one of my primary sources. While Monsieur Tox is no longer a member, he took it farther than anyone Ive found yet, completing the upper superstructure and tower. This is probably one of the most thorough threads with many parts areas ID'ed:

I'd be happy to share the parts I've ID'ed as well when I have the time. Mainly the engine block area around and between the 4 smaller engines. Hopefully by now you have found some sources too, that you would be willing to share.

The cool thing about doing this now, is that thanks to 3D printing, you wont have to find and buy multiples of the same rare model.
Though I still think youre admirably nuts for wanting to build a full scale one. Ill need a bigger apartment after my 42" one is complete.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back