Another Cap Shield Made in australia from australian sourced parts.

DrBigLove

Hello all, first time poster long time lurker.

As the title suggests I'm going to see if I can get a shield together. But I'm actually going for 2!

The first will be spun metal ordered locally, I found an australian spinner that already has some and a couple closer to me that might be able to.

The second is going to be an even cheaper one for muck around stuff. I've sourced a dish antenna for $20 from a demo site so that one *should* be less than $40 total.
Dish.jpg

One last thing just to make it a pain, I'm going for the classic size of 2.5ft (762mm) with my approximation of the movie dimensions blended with the older images I could find for the depth. This will vary a bit depending on what suppliers can do.

So, here are the dimensions and reference shots for those who might be interested.

Dimentions.png
side-reference.pngfront-reference2.png

Given the atrocious cost of posting full-size shields to Aus (I was quoted $800.00 shipping alone on one), I suspect that this build will be followed closely by other Aussies.

Good luck and keep us posted.

All the best

MARK

Locally spun in australia eh?.... You couldn't possibly PM me the guys details would you? Been looking around for one for a while now.

I'm happy to PM anyone the guy who currently has mad them's details but I'll refrain from posting them incase of strange lawyer people. I wouldn't expect the postage to be much lower because AusPost charges a small fortune for everything.

I'm also after the jacket from the part where Cap is fighting the Winter Soldier in the street (scene in image) but can't find it, everything points to the one he wears in the earlier hospital scene. Captain-America-2-Official-Photo-Steve-Rogers-Black-Widow-Regular-Clothes.jpg

The closest I can find is the M-65 Field Jacket, but it has the lower pockets as well.

So I have a price for one in Brisbane but the problem will be getting it to Adelaide. That part is on hold until I find away around Australia's ridiculous postage fees. So if anyone wants to help me feel free to get in touch, there is a discount for getting more than one.

In the meantime the dish antennae is soaking and will hopefully be stripped shortly.

So I have a price for one in Brisbane but the problem will be getting it to Adelaide. That part is on hold until I find away around Australia's ridiculous postage fees. So if anyone wants to help me feel free to get in touch, there is a discount for getting more than one.

In the meantime the dish antennae is soaking and will hopefully be stripped shortly.

I work for a Large laser cutting firm in Melbourne I'll get a quote from one of our related companies on the cost, maybe that'll be cheaper for you?

Awkward I should have seen that apologies! I'll get a quote for that design, are you sure on those measurements or do you want the ones from Valors thread? With a 28" outer and a 10" inner circle (I hate imperial but most spinners use it)

30" is sized for the caps super size, however I guess it's comic book accurate, it'll look weird on a person but damn good on a wall!

Also anyone know depth difference between the different levels?

30" is huge.

It's the size listed for the comic shield. The movie I'm not sure but I am 6'2" so we'll see how it goes.

eecf0d6714f99197ef06d8db43928e41.jpg
References!

30" is sized for the caps super size, however I guess it's comic book accurate, it'll look weird on a person but damn good on a wall!

Also anyone know depth difference between the different levels?

I couldn't find a depth one anywhere and estimated my measurements based on side view images from the movie to get the ratio.

Will be following this. have considered making a shield for my pop collection but sourcing parts is a nightmare of expenses.

26" is pretty much standard size and close to movie accurate. The depth from inside center is 3". 30" is huge, 26" is plenty big and will look good on your back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back