ANH Vader Stunt Lightsaber

When we see the ANH stunt in the ESB BTS images, the black tip is gone. But looking at this now... the ANH stunt didn't have a beer tab or rabbit ears and this thing does... and I think I see the slide switch.

The clamp is hard to read, especially knowing how big Prowse's hands are.

There's pics of it and Vader with the fat-gripped stunt as a belt hanger in the guide book ya know. ;)

Haven’t gotten there yet ;)

As for the ANH stunt yeah. I see a actual graflex prowse is holding, I got confused there with “ANH stunt”

But I don’t remember seeing any graflex’s stunts in ESB with the tips painted black

That’s new to me

But I don’t remember seeing any graflex’s stunts in ESB with the tips painted black.
That’s new to me

No-- that's what I was saying, Since we don't see the black tip in the ESB BTS stuff, that meant to me this footage was from ANH. I can post the pulled back version with the Vader suit, which I know somebody else can date.

But then I second-guessed myself given that this is definitely a graflex, which means it isn't the shared stunt. The only black-tipped Graflex we've ever seen is the MoM Vader stunt.

So what is this thing?

No-- that's what I was saying, Since we don't see the black tip in the ESB BTS stuff, that meant to me this footage was from ANH. I can post the pulled back version with the Vader suit, which I know somebody else can date.

But then I second-guessed myself given that this is definitely a graflex, which means it isn't the shared stunt. The only black-tipped Graflex we've ever seen is the MoM Vader stunt.

So what is this thing?

Exactly!

Check it out... doesn’t look like it has grips or even a graflex clamp.. I chuckle when I say it almost looks like the dv6 black band

Decided to work in the park today and pulled out my laptop-- which I hven't used in awhile. Somebody sent me this still from some video clip on youtube. I forgot who sent it to me and that I was going to put it in the guide. (good thing I'm making corrections!)

Prowse with the Luke/Vader shared stunt...

View attachment 1282647

If you sent me this image and I wasn't supposed to share it, PM me. I generally put not safe for public images in a director so I keep them away-- but this one was just on my desktop.
The closest thing we have to this is the severed hand saber. Note the Kobold flash lower. It's not a stunt saber by any means, maybe a costuming accessory or a public promo thing to include with Vader suits

Chris reached out to me, it’s the half bread Kobold your saber

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

He mentions it even hands from the center

Thanks Chris for cracking the code!

Decided to work in the park today and pulled out my laptop-- which I hven't used in awhile. Somebody sent me this still from some video clip on youtube. I forgot who sent it to me and that I was going to put it in the guide. (good thing I'm making corrections!)

Prowse with the Luke/Vader shared stunt...

View attachment 1282647

If you sent me this image and I wasn't supposed to share it, PM me. I generally put not safe for public images in a director so I keep them away-- but this one was just on my desktop.

I believe that's not the "Luke/Vader shared stunt" but rather a silver body Kobold flash with a Graflex top jammed on the end of it and the tip painted black!

I'm not convinced it's the Kobold promo saber... the bunny ears and beer tab look way more legit on the thing Prowse is holding.

Took these grabs. Top half is defo. a graflex. you can see the 'L' slot for the clamp, bunny ears, slide switch, red button & beertab. Looks like the actual red 'button' part is missing from the housing. Bottom half looks Kobold like but longer (watch when the presenter removes it from DV's belt). The black & knurled part, where the clamp should be, look to be bigger diam. than the body tube. This section on the Kobold is about the same diam as body tube.

DVoddie.jpeg

VERY interesting he says carbon blades, as H points out.

Ytube caption says this 1980 interview promoting ESB.

Last edited:
wow, never saw those pictures of the graflex/kobold stunt, thanks for posting those Halliwax!
But yeah, is this a graflex? it's all wrong, holes, sliding switch, beer tab, finish. very surprising.
Also, what about the bunny ears, they are definitelly there on the photos from the video and they are weirdly flattened around the flash on the prop photos from Halliwax.

wow, never saw those pictures of the graflex/kobold stunt, thanks for posting those Halliwax!
But yeah, is this a graflex? it's all wrong, holes, sliding switch, beer tab, finish. very surprising.
Also, what about the bunny ears, they are definitelly there on the photos from the video and they are weirdly flattened around the flash on the prop photos from Halliwax.

Credit has to go to Chris, talking with him he gave me the photos.

I think the graflex has gone under surgery after the “tour”

The ears are missing and replaced with a leather strap? And the guts seem to be totally wrong

Doesn’t even look like a graflex top anymore some details are there some aren’t

The details that are there, there is no way the team would have spent and put that much effort into getting right..

I don’t know if this is some knock off graflex flash we aren’t aware of or what.. but it sure is weird

Makes me want one!

yeah, that is super weird!
are you guys sure of the veracity of those pictures and their source? couldn't it be another fake from one of those guys tring to sell "production props" that they actually made later with crappy parts?

yeah, that is super weird!
are you guys sure of the veracity of those pictures and their source? couldn't it be another fake from one of those guys tring to sell "production props" that they actually made later with crappy parts?

EDIT 4-4-20

Correction, pics came from this auction

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back