ANH Vader Stunt Lightsaber

Looks like a countersink hence the flat edges.

EDIT:The flat edge may be due to the square collar not being machined all the way around the bottom.

Could still be a counter sunk screw though. Head looks flat and too wide for a set screw.
I think it got blanked as part of the casting process. Arrowed irregularity is in roughly the right place. In that series of photo's the top screw is hard to find too & has definitely been blanked.

View attachment 1281975

I think it is visible (just) in this pic too. I've not been able to find any other shots of this area. It's very noticeable in my first ref. though & that is a good high res photo. Sorry I don't know who to credit it too. If we've been learning anything lately is that resolution is king.

View attachment 1281977

Last edited:
I couldn't make out any hint of either the top or bottom retaining screws in the whole shot. Not to say one isn't there, just can't make them out.
ESB-Barbi.jpg

can you explain this? I don't know what it means :D

Made a mold and inside of filling it solid, you pour alittle resin in and “slush” it around, some people have machines that spin it around all axis to try and make the coating evenly

This makes a “shell” and leaves the model hollow

I'm doing this in 2 posts

Cave Scene
Looks like an MPP with little or no grips. That black dot doesn't appear in every frame, so I can't count that as a bolt (see my ESB Core Graflex thread for a big update!)
fullsizeoutput_1f83.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f85.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f86.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f88.jpeg

It would appear the MPP Bladed Stunt got a LOT of screen time in the bespin duel as well.
fullsizeoutput_1f8a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f70.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f8b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f5c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f8c.jpeg

Is this a stunt handle?
fullsizeoutput_1f8f.jpeg

I also see the Barbican in the scene where luke is hanging from the ceiling
fullsizeoutput_1f7e.jpeg

and for good measure I took my own:
fullsizeoutput_1f6d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f73.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1f89.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1f89.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 113
(not sure what's happening in that attachment)

If you're digging through ESB beware of the 7 gripped lightsaber! It appears to be the ANH Luke stunt complete with graflex clamp and endcap. Vader and Luke both use it

fullsizeoutput_1f6c.jpeg

And Luke uses it on the catwalk, when he's pinned down.
fullsizeoutput_1f79.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f80.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1f79.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f66.jpeg

Although, in the lower shot I almost see a D ring thingy. And 7 grips. Any ideas?
fullsizeoutput_1f5e.jpeg

Here, Vader is using it I think. Luke's graflex has the bunny ears towards us, and that lower dark mark is just Gaff tape on the upper clamp I think.
fullsizeoutput_1f91.jpeg

Anyways, back to the ANH Vader Stunt saber! I can't believe it's technically in all 3 OT movies in some form...

The 7 grip one is prob the ANH shared stunt, right? We see it a lot in ESB BTS images. I also think it could be the ROTJ MoM Vader.

And like the stunt Graflex, the stunt MPP had the fat grips. They seem to fall off, because there are a couple shots with one missing. Also, when Vader speaks to the Emperor, the fat grip stunt is being used as a belt hanger.

Decided to work in the park today and pulled out my laptop-- which I hven't used in awhile. Somebody sent me this still from some video clip on youtube. I forgot who sent it to me and that I was going to put it in the guide. (good thing I'm making corrections!)

Prowse with the Luke/Vader shared stunt...

61438366_10157173099955629_1335780583342604288_n.jpg

If you sent me this image and I wasn't supposed to share it, PM me. I generally put not safe for public images in a director so I keep them away-- but this one was just on my desktop.

Decided to work in the park today and pulled out my laptop-- which I hven't used in awhile. Somebody sent me this still from some video clip on youtube. I forgot who sent it to me and that I was going to put it in the guide. (good thing I'm making corrections!)

Prowse with the Luke/Vader shared stunt...

View attachment 1282647

If you sent me this image and I wasn't supposed to share it, PM me. I generally put not safe for public images in a director so I keep them away-- but this one was just on my desktop.

That’s the controversial video of prowse talking about james Earl Jones

I do remember this video. And remember the graflex but not to this detail

I don’t remember the top section painted black...

Wonder when this was filmed.. had to be before rotj

The 7 grip one is prob the ANH shared stunt, right? We see it a lot in ESB BTS images. I also think it could be the ROTJ MoM Vader.

And like the stunt Graflex, the stunt MPP had the fat grips. They seem to fall off, because there are a couple shots with one missing. Also, when Vader speaks to the Emperor, the fat grip stunt is being used as a belt hanger.

Never noticed that!!

(not sure what's happening in that attachment)

If you're digging through ESB beware of the 7 gripped lightsaber! It appears to be the ANH Luke stunt complete with graflex clamp and endcap. Vader and Luke both use it

View attachment 1282544

And Luke uses it on the catwalk, when he's pinned down.
View attachment 1282546View attachment 1282547
View attachment 1282546View attachment 1282549

Although, in the lower shot I almost see a D ring thingy. And 7 grips. Any ideas?
View attachment 1282548

Here, Vader is using it I think. Luke's graflex has the bunny ears towards us, and that lower dark mark is just Gaff tape on the upper clamp I think.
View attachment 1282545

Anyways, back to the ANH Vader Stunt saber! I can't believe it's technically in all 3 OT movies in some form...

Excellent find Tom! I never noticed the retired motorized stunt in action on screen in ESB

That’s the controversial video of prowse talking about james Earl Jones

I do remember this video. And remember the graflex but not to this detail

I don’t remember the top section painted black...

Wonder when this was filmed.. had to be before rotj

When we see the ANH stunt in the ESB BTS images, the black tip is gone. But looking at this now... the ANH stunt didn't have a beer tab or rabbit ears and this thing does... and I think I see the slide switch.

The clamp is hard to read, especially knowing how big Prowse's hands are.

Excellent find Tom! I never noticed the retired motorized stunt in action on screen in ESB

There's pics of it and Vader with the fat-gripped stunt as a belt hanger in the guide book ya know. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back