ANH Vader Stunt Lightsaber

Tom, what I can add as well for the grips is that I could never match the grips from the cast and from the actual barbican so they were probably changed at some point, or at least some of them.
Also, on the Barbican, there is a spot where 3 of them must be really close together but I can never say that I matched 100% the position of those grips as most refs are actually from the same side of the saber and 2 or 3 grips are really hard to position as they are not very visible on most photos.

First, I've got some shots that haven't been posted yet.

Second, I have an email that... if returned... may glean some new info. Stay Tuned!
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.18.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.18.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.19.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.19.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.19.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.20.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.20.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.26.38 AM.png
img_1072-custom.jpeg
img_1073-custom.jpeg
img_1074-custom.jpeg

yeah, I don't know! it looks slightly short for the mistery activation box, although I guess this is it. and the carved short grip is clearly visible on the other side on the other photo of this saber. do you think they used a carved grip on both sides at first?

oh and thank you so much for those pics! I first saw your message on my phone and turned on my computer to reply to your last message and forgot to mention the pics! those are absolutely great! they are super cool to model that other mistery part on the shroud, I didn't have such good references of this before :)

Tom, can you try and mimic that exact angle of the screen shot above with the mystery box on your saber?
I know you were not asking me and I hope I'm not too present on this thread, but I thought a 3D match could be faster and maybe more accurate as I can play with the focal and position more accurately with the photo underneath my 3D model.

well, the weird thing is, I think the length is actually ok for the mystery box and the position is matching, BUT, that's the clamp that is way below on this saber! that's why i thought the proportions were wrong.
ANH_match01.jpg

ANH_match02.jpg

ANH_match03.jpg

I know you were not asking me and I hope I'm not too present on this thread, but I thought a 3D match could be faster and maybe more accurate as I can play with the focal and position more accurately with the photo underneath my 3D model.

well, the weird thing is, I think the length is actually ok for the mystery box and the position is matching, BUT, that's the clamp that is way below on this saber! that's why i thought the proportions were wrong.
View attachment 1614303
View attachment 1614304
View attachment 1614305
Don’t apologize, this is super helpful. You’re right… t track are shorter, if there at all… moving the clamp lower. I think in ESB there is foam at some point or something. vadermania i will deliver today or tonight.

I kept looking at that and the angles were all wrong if that was another piece of T track. Especially because I just made my own…

View attachment 1614303
View attachment 1614304
View attachment 1614305
Yes, that‘s exactly what was confusing me - the position of the clamp. Let me dig into my archive and see what I can come up with.

James Kenobi 1138 asked a good question. I tried to match the wall thickness to photos we see, and it never occurred to me that I found the same measurement both times.. on the barbican stunt and the “other” Luke stunt, the Pipe Stunt

Seems like I used the same tubing by accident. RPF what do you see?

Seen is my motorized barbican, my own barbican ESB and redbutton ’s barbican ROTJ
3C01060C-5B8E-438C-9DA8-A8F6E32DE992.jpeg
115AD600-1448-4E8F-9017-EE048335AAA3.jpeg
2B377CC5-B817-4829-9B15-0A432E209746.jpeg
C762952C-190C-454C-B1C8-4873E48B509B.jpeg
3E0FDE15-D597-4C73-8DEB-E1CA5F120715.jpeg
AA74A820-7D1C-48E3-A6CA-AABB229ED80B.jpeg

I’d also like to add, James asked if the barbican and pipe stunt used the same tubing because they were both ANH era. I’m in the minority on this, because it’s just a theory, I have always gotten the impression the pipe stunt was like the V3, a simpler version made in ANH and used as a second without a switch or wire hole.

In that context, we are comparing the pipe thickness

I’d also like to add, James asked if the barbican and pipe stunt used the same tubing because they were both ANH era. I’m in the minority on this, because it’s just a theory, I have always gotten the impression the pipe stunt was like the V3, a simpler version made in ANH and used as a second without a switch or wire hole.

In that context, we are comparing the pipe thickness
It makes sense to me they used the same tubing. Why would they use two different tubing for two background props with the same internal mechanism? Knowing the hero props have the same eternal diameter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back