ANH Imperial Coffe Mugs

Found higher def pic.

cup cu.jpg

While looking I noticed tons of tupperware used in the cantina.
Even spotted a guy in a grey an black jacket I hadn't noticed before

Also remember the Tupperware pieces used for the Sandtrooper backpacks. Look for pieces used in other parts of the movie that may have had other components not used for that prop that were available for re-use elsewhere. Also also, the Jell-ette molds don't have flared tops -- there's a slight outward angle to the upper portion, but it's straight all the way up, not counting the slightest lip for the lid to attach to. The lid, on the other hand, if one cut off the outer portion (that locks it onto the mold), looks like it'd drop right into the top of that thing, and may be the "flared" black lip people are seeing.

I've some speculations for the rest, but nothing to base it on beyond ways it could have been done, that I could do. *shrug* All with Tupperware.

Found higher def pic.

Nice shot! Looks like there's a cut line showing right in the center of that top silver band.
It's very possible that it's just a black cup with bands of silver tape on it. It's probably just a little taller than what's visible so it's resting inside the Jell-ette mold.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the Jell-ette mold. It's simply painted black with a silver tape band at the bottom.
The shape matches up perfect. No modifications necessary. The hi res photo above makes that pretty clear.

So I definitely see a black Tupperware or child's cup being used for the top portion. And definitely looks like bubbled, uneven metal ducting tape for the metallic stripes.

I'm wondering if they took an insulated cup (outer and inner layer, vacuum between), cut a ring out of the outer layer, then wrapped each band with ducting tape... It'd still be one piece, and they could just pop the narrowed bottom part off for stability.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back