ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies FOUND, Update in 1st Post

Thanks Jason! Great pieces.

Nice of you to share the images.

I agree, it would be great if you could take a few more pics of the props. Maybe some nice macro shots of the Comlink from different angles and that unique blaster too.

I'm sure a lot of members will be grateful to see more.

thank you for the kind words these are just two of over 50,000 + star wars first trilogy screen used props ,costume, photos art work and production related items our archive owns and i will share more with you guys over the becoming moths.

dose anyone know what the hovi mix tip is from ? dose anyone have a complete one on here i have two real ones but just wondered if anyone else has one ?

jason

Great work, guys. Some very impressive investigative work here.

Sincere apologies if this has already been discussed, but the radial cylinder looks a lot like the part near the tip of Leia's blaster. Is it possible that it was used there too?

SWVM22.jpg

thank you for the kind words these are just two of over 50,000 + star wars first trilogy screen used props ,costume, photos art work and production related items our archive owns and i will share more with you guys over the becoming moths.

dose anyone know what the hovi mix tip is from ? dose anyone have a complete one on here i have two real ones but just wondered if anyone else has one ?

jason

50,000 +..! Wow, I can only imagine the fascinatingly amazing things that could be in your archive. :D

As far as I know the hovi mix tip hasn't been identified yet. I know there's some screen-used cast resin tips around in collectors hands from Stunt trooper helmets, but the only real hovi tip I've seen other than the one you just posted is off of a screen-used Hero ANH helmet used for the eFx Stormtrooper legend edition helmet. But there might be more that I'm unaware of.

-Carson

Last edited:

Sincere apologies if this has already been discussed, but the radial cylinder looks a lot like the part near the tip of Leia's blaster. Is it possible that it was used there too?

Yep that would be the part! It was used on allot of things throughout SW including the DDC Defender. :thumbsup

-Carson

SWVM22.jpg

Yep! nice eye.

Thanks for sharing these pics Jason!
The base gun for that blaster is a Type 99 Japanese light machine gun.
Type 99 light machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RPF member OdiWan72 has a replica in his LARGE blaster collection.
You can see it here:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-evergrowing-blaster-family-70950/index3.html#post1391728

Your blaster prop was also used in the hands of a Stormtrooper on an ESB promo poster. That's where a few of us had seen it before. I had no idea that it was a prototype blaster for Luke! Very interesting.

Could you tell us any more about the plug with the coiled cord on top of this blaster? Any words on it?
Are there pins inside the metal plug end and if so, how many?
I've been trying to figure that piece out since it's seen on several blasters.
As Carson already said, I'd also like to see the white rear cap on the comlink.

Thanks for sharing these pics Jason!
The base gun for that blaster is a Type 99 Japanese light machine gun.
Type 99 light machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RPF member OdiWan72 has a replica in his LARGE blaster collection.
You can see it here:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-evergrowing-blaster-family-70950/index3.html#post1391728

Your blaster prop was also used in the hands of a Stormtrooper on an ESB promo poster. That's where a few of us had seen it before. I had no idea that it was a prototype blaster for Luke! Very interesting.

Could you tell us any more about the plug with the coiled cord on top of this blaster? Any words on it?
Are there pins inside the metal plug end and if so, how many?
I've been trying to figure that piece out since it's seen on several blasters.

As Carson already said, I'd also like to see the white rear cap on the comlink.

What Chris said...some close-ups of the plug would be great!
There seems to be something "under" it, that also would have been identified ;)

Thanks in advance,

Markus

just posted some nice pics of this in the FS thread:

IMG_0387.JPG

I´d like to bring your attention to this plug again, if you don´t mind.
I know it´s not present on the Han ANH, BUT the MerrSonns ;)

I am pretty sure that this plug is a male 5-PIN MIDI connector, maybe just an extension or made for headphones, mics etc.
I found a few close ones, but no 100% match.

Anybody out there who can identify this piece?

Markus

Can anyone help me on this. On eBay I found a couple Denix replicas but also this;

http://bit.ly/Ubwd27

I can't seem to find any info on this replica. Opinions? Worthwhile buy?

Can anyone help me on this. On eBay I found a couple Denix replicas but also this;

I can't seem to find any info on this replica. Opinions? Worthwhile buy?

I myself wouldn't recommend that particular airsoft Mauser in the auction. The price is a bit outrageous I think, especially considering it's spring powered. It also looks to be very similar to or maybe even the same as the $20 airsoft gun in the link that Caveneau just posted.

But aside from that, that auction also misstated that the gun is a C96 replica while instead it's actually a Mauser CM712 replica. You might be better off using a Denix or MGC C96 for a DL-44 replica. :thumbsup

-Carson

Thanks guys.

Seeing as how I can't find an MGC, I guess it'll have to be Denix. :(

It's funny, Denix are the only versions I've been able to get, living in Canada, it's almost impossible to buy airsoft guns from international buyers, unless you're a retailer with a license. All we can do is hope to find someone within Canada who has brought them in. They all get classified as 'replica' firearms and are then seized at customs.
I'm lucky to even have 2 Denix Mauser replicas, and those are the least desired and most inaccurate.

Or if you do find one...it's a 200-300% markup. Yay..

I´d like to bring your attention to this plug again, if you don´t mind.
I know it´s not present on the Han ANH, BUT the MerrSonns ;)

I am pretty sure that this plug is a male 5-PIN MIDI connector, maybe just an extension or made for headphones, mics etc.
I found a few close ones, but no 100% match.

Anybody out there who can identify this piece?

Markus

That plug does look strangely familiar.. It looks like it has some fairly recognizable characteristics, maybe someone on a vintage electronic forum would be able to identify it?

..At least we know it's a plug though. Allot of greeblies are pretty up in the air when it comes to where we should even look. :lol

-Carson

Don't give up on finding an MGC. I thought I never would until one turned up on eBay and I decided it was going to be mine. Best eBay auction I ever won.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back