ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Obviously the quality is poor, and I may just be squinting at pixels but...

At least to me, when I slow down the bunker scene footage and REALLY look at the barrel carefully the highlights seem to indicate that there are two separate sections - the short, tapered bull barrel and the longer threaded barrel extension.

Screenshot (3937).png

pre highlight.png

highlight.png

threaded.jpg

I could be way off the mark, of course, but at least to me it looks a LOT more like a threaded bull barrel than just a pipe slid over the C96's barrel (why would they even do that?).

Last edited:
I can see what may be a separation here.
017EE1C5-6D24-4E5F-9834-9BA2D8627023.jpeg

There is a thread for this ROTJ blaster already, but since it has a few ANH hero parts it may as well be discussed here. It’s really up to deadbolt or the mods.

Preserving the searchability of the info is my only concern for bringing that up.

E7F2661E-A0C8-4D7B-91A4-1EC3C2731E2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course, I had just thought that since it's long since been thought that the two props are the same (albiet heavily reconfigured), that talking about the bunker blaster here would have been appropriate (also the bunker's thread is very old and hasn't been posted on in a long time, so I was worried about necroposting).

My apologies if bringing the topic up in here was out to line to anyone; the last thing I would want is to clog this thread with unwanted fluff.

Of course, I had just thought that since it's long since been thought that the two props are the same (albiet heavily reconfigured), that talking about the bunker blaster here would have been appropriate (also the bunker's thread is very old and hasn't been posted on in a long time, so I was worried about necroposting).

My apologies if bringing the topic up in here was out to line to anyone; the last thing I would want is to clog this thread with unwanted fluff.
I don’t think any apologies are warranted except maybe by me for being overly fastidious about indexing info.
Vanitas carry on, you make a good point about the necroposting and the relevance.
I didn’t intend to call you out or grind the conversation to a halt. My bad.

Honest question..

Why exactly do people think this “bizaro” blaster uses the exact same base the ANH Hero? What evidence is there other than the fact that it’s a c96?? Did Bapty famously only ever have just the one. I’ve never seen any picture that even shows any details at all of that bizaro build. Infact this is probably the best one and it’s still awful to draw a likeness from no?
View attachment 1522527

I think the mounting points on the right-side instead of left, the bull-barrel & the original ANH mount and scope make it probable, but there's no clear images that have surfaced to prove it, unfortunately.

This blaster almost seems like someone was just fooling around with the cast/crew or something, it's ridiculous looking and certainly doesn't look anywhere close to any of Han's blasters, other than being Mauser based. Or maybe there was more deleted scenes where this blaster played a role somehow, like maybe one he took from someone else because he lost his own for some reason?
I wonder if this blaster can be seen holstered on any of the Imperial Officers in ROTJ?

P.S. Both Pat and I noticed earlier on that there were, what appears to be, at least 2 Naked Runner gun sets! It's hard to notice, but there seems to have been multiples. On the ANH Hero, the lower could possibly have been switched out with the Bapty lower used in an episode of 'The Protectors', it already had mounting points on the right side. No bull-barrel or anything though, so the upper isn't what we're looking for on this particular Mauser.
However improvable in these photos, it seems like a good candidate for the ANH lower, so far..

stills the protectors copy.jpg

-Carson

Last edited:
I don't think that is correct Scott.

The sight slider has an enclosed hole/slot that the sight leaf slides into. If assembled back on the gun without the sight slider button it will stay on the leaf but will slip back and fourth because there is no slider button to engage the grooves in the leaf to hold it in place.

Hence, when the gun is holstered in that pic, the slider slides down by gravity.

View attachment 1522538

I agree with Pat 100%, I too own Mausers and it is entirely possible for it to be on there without the button. Once it's slid on, it's just that, it's on. The button is only needed mechanically to stop it at whichever scallop groove it's adjusted to. The rectangular hole is very obviously enough to keep it on there once the rest of the sight is pushed back into the Mauser's sight pivot-point divots, with the leaf spring tensioning it downward against the reciever, thus pushing against the adjustment slider and 'sort-of' holding it in place due to the tension.

-Carson

The only sight slider I have is the one from Field Marshall's steel replica which is open on the bottom (the button is what holds it together).

View attachment 1522542

View attachment 1522543

Sadly, that portion isn't correct to a real Mauser, it was likely done that way to make it easier to fabricate since it's difficult to do withough EDM or like the originals, broaches..however, it's inaccurate to a real one..=(

-Carson

P.S. Guys, lets keep arguing to an absolute minimum here, Please.

This thread is for Discussion, Understanding with clean, pleasurable debates. Not for arguing, fighting etc..

We all just want to study the prop and figure out what's really going on with it, fact vs. fiction. It's been a very elusive prop all of these years, and since we only have photos to work from, it makes details difficult to notice, let alone prove.

The collaborative journey we all have here is the absolute greatest part and goal.

-Carson

Last edited:

No worries bud, if it's relevant, let's all talk about it! There's no reason to feel bad about all of us here wondering, it's a wonderful feeling..;)

-Carson

I just got my hard drive back from a data recovery thing, I have a picture of the weird blaster and I think there are vent holes in the flash hider. I'll post them in the other thread.

In answer to questions a page or two back, I've never seen another mauser with a bull barrel like that. I have always known the original could be disassembled (and the muzzle of the ANH gun inside the flash hider was threaded) so the extension appearing wasn't a shock to me. It could also be that the gun parts were re arranged at Bapty and when the SW team came back for them the extra barrel piece was on it? Not sure about the lower.

Also neat seeing a mauser with mounts on the right side! I'll try to find more about it too

I think the discussion and discoveries has been extraordinary!
Thanks to Carson for starting this thread over 10.5 lightyears ago !

Happy Holidays to all !

Thanks buddy... It wouldn't have happened without you, we both dropped everything and tackled this head on for over two and a half years! As well as everyone here that contributed and allowed this project to become what it 'still' is!..;)

-Carson

I agree with Pat 100%, I too own Mausers and it is entirely possible for it to be on there without the button. Once it's slid on, it's just that, it's on. The button is only needed mechanically to stop it at whichever scallop groove it's adjusted to. The rectangular hole is very obviously enough to keep it on there once the rest of the sight is pushed back into the Mauser's sight pivot-point divots, with the leaf spring tensioning it downward against the reciever, thus pushing against the adjustment slider and 'sort-of' holding it in place due to the tension.

-Carson
I already conceded I was thinking of something else in further posts... carry on

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back