ANH CHESTBOX red and green BUTTONS

paulcarson

Following on from a fantastic discovery of the green lights on Vaders beltboxes in "A new hope" lets see if we can pool our resources and find the elusive "buttons" which in fact were lamp / light covers? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I know at least a couple of members here have the correct found items, so lets see if we can find some more.

Come on Guys lets get the ball rolling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulcarson @ May 6 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1239503[/snapback]</div>
Following on from a fantastic discovery of the green lights on Vaders beltboxes in "A new hope" lets see if we can pool our resources and find the elusive "buttons" which in fact were lamp / light covers? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I know at least a couple of members here have the correct found items, so lets see if we can find some more.

Come on Guys lets get the ball rolling.
[/b]

Great idea.

Lets see some sharing folks. It will NOT hurt. I know this for a fact. :p

Dan

Paul,

They've already been found. A few of us have them on our chestboxes. However, I was told that mine came from the last available batch. They are old, discontinued parts and there doesn't seem to be a modern replacement for them. Sadly, I don't know the part number or real description of them.

However, I believe GINO should be able to help out with some more info because I was told that he bought a lot of the last batch. Let's hope he can share the knowledge.

If he did get the last batch, I think these are going to be a lot harder to find than the belt box lights.

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ May 6 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]1239561[/snapback]</div>
Paul,

They've already been found. A few of us have them on our chestboxes. However, I was told that mine came from the last available batch. They are old, discontinued parts and there doesn't seem to be a modern replacement for them. Sadly, I don't know the part number or real description of them.
Maybe an old, forgotten batch will show up one day, but I think these are going to be a lot harder to find than the belt box lights.

Chris
[/b]

Could we please get some close up pics of them? :D

Dan

Here's a quick pic.

cking-Chestbox-Buttons.jpg

Hey Chris,

ty very much for the pic that´s very interresting may I ask also were you found that parts? What i mean is in which kind of shop or did you get them from another member here?

Greetings Guido

Interesting...they seem to have a little lip at the top...perhaps they are meant to overlap each other? Do we know what the original use for these bezels were? That may lead to a clue as to where to find them now....

Hi Chris, :)

thanks for the information on the parts. I'll continue to keep looking . I wonder if Gino will chime in and offer up some help? (looking for an emoticon for fingers crosed. )

Possible to get a pic from the side view? I would like to see how they look from the side and putted on the chestbox.

Greetings Guido

I know that they were found a while back. I'm sure that the member responsible will identify himself. I'd like to try to identify WHERE they came from , as in what were they used on?

more pics of different angles of these chestbox buttons would be very welcome

Now that identifying the Darth vader ANH chestbox buttons has started, can anyone chime in how correct he other greeblies are, that were offered on the RPF? like the coin slots and the side bars??? size? shape?

i have resin copies of those chestbox buttons, but they look way to big according my coin slots and side bars I have, hence the question I stated above

I think/hope eventually everything will be found and confirmed, just like they did with the Obi saber, at least I hope so...

cheers, clint

I actually considered the lights in the scene where the stormtroopers are looking for the droids to be close. They are on the wall near to the door when one of the troopers knocks and says something like " there's no-one here"

sorry don't have a screengrab ...

The original pieces would have been from some electrical suppliers.
as mentioned earlier, probably something you'd find in a plant room or switchgear panneling.
they are designed to be housed in a acrylic plastic casing (recessed).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back