And now the winners of the "2009 $1. Store lightsaber contest."

Re: Voting is here, for the 2009 $1. Store lightsaber contest.

Well, all the votes where posted in time, and the voting period is closed. (sorry, I was asleep when PST made the switch over to today, but thank you all for stopping the voting on time. :) )

I will start tallying the votes, and post a winner A.S.A.P. :)

Re: Voting is here, for the 2009 $1. Store lightsaber contest.

I will be posting the winners in the first post, in just a few minutes, and I wanted to preserve this original post, just incase someone wants to see the extra pics. :)

Welcome to the voting portion of the 2009 $1. store lightsaber contest.

For those that don't know, we just rapped up the month long entry period for the "2009 $1. store lightsaber contest." Where in each participant submitted a lightsaber built out of $1. store part, and had a max budget of $20. Now the sabers are done, and it's time to vote on witch is the "best".

Fist, just let me say to everyone who entered a saber, you all truly did a fantastic job. Seriously, I'm glad I wont be able to vote, because I couldn't pick just one. Thank you all so very much for taking the time to participate. :)

The rules for voting.

1. All you need to do to vote, is pick the lightsaber you like best, and post the number that goes with that saber, and that's your vote. In other works, if you like #1, post a number 1, if you like #5 post a number 5, etc.etc. (the number for each saber, is just above it's group of 3 pics.)

2. Voting is open to each and every single member of the RPF. (except me of course.)

3. Wall those that built the sabers are welcome to vote, I do ask that you vote for a saber other then your own.

4. One vote per person please. (I know it's hard to pick just one, but please try. :) )

5. Voting will run from now, until 12:01 AM December 10th (( that's late night, Wednesday night, when it turns into Thursday, a little over a week from now. :) )

6. once voting has ended, please allow, 2 to 3 days for tallying votes.

7. Once the votes have been tallied, the winners will be posted, and prizes selected.

8. The first place winner will have first choice of witch two (2) prizes they want. (after all, they will be the big winner, so they should get something extra. ) Then second place will choose 1 prize from those remaining. Then 3rd place will chose 1 prize, then 4th, and so on, until we run out of prizes.

The sabers listed bellow are in no particular order. (aside from the number that was assigned to them randomly.)

!!!!!!!LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!!!!!

#1.
3a.jpg

3c.jpg

3b.jpg

#2.
7a.jpg

7b.jpg

7c.jpg

#3.
8b-1.jpg

8a-1.jpg

8c.jpg

#4.
6b.jpg

6d.jpg

6c.jpg

#5.
5c.jpg

5b.jpg

5a.jpg

#6.
4c-1.jpg

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

#7.
2c.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

#8.
1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

#9.
12a.jpg

12b.jpg

12c.jpg

#10.
11a.jpg

11b.jpg

11c.jpg

#11.
10a.jpg

10c.jpg

10b.jpg

#12.
9b.jpg

9a.jpg

9c.jpg

#13.
16a.jpg

16b.jpg

16c.jpg

#14.
14a.jpg

14b.jpg

#15.
15a.jpg

15b.jpg

15c.jpg

#16.
13a.jpg

13b.jpg

13c.jpg

#17.
17c.jpg

17b.jpg

17a.jpg

#18.
18c.jpg

18a.jpg

18b.jpg

#19.
19a.jpg

19b.jpg

19c.jpg

#20.
20a.jpg

20b.jpg

20c.jpg

#21.
21a.jpg

21b.jpg

21c.jpg

THE PRIZES THE ARE PLAYING FOR: A lot of great folks around here, donated some really great stuff, and I can't thank them all enough.

Some of the donations just go too well together, to pass up, so I've combined some of them in to "sets". These "sets" will count as one prize. That means, even if the person winning first place choose one of these "sets", he, or she, may still choose one other item. If any of these "sets" remain, after the 1st place winner has selected, the other winners may also choose one of these "sets" until they are gone. If you want one of the items in the "set", but not the others, let me know when you select, and I'll separate them out, and the item from the "set" that you don't want, will go back up for grabs. As mentioned in the rules, we will give prizes out, until we run out. I'm sorry, if that winds up being an arbitrarily number, (i.e. if we have 6 prizes, then that means only the top 5 people get something, but if we have 10 prizes, by the time the contest ends, then the top 9 will get something. etc.)

I will continue to except donations throughout the contest, so the prizes listed bellow, are only the ones we have so far. I will try to keep updating the list, when, or if, new prizes are offered, but these are the ones we have for sure.
000_000_000_000_smile.art

(In no particular order)

1. A Greflex 3 cell flash, donated by Jediscout, along with your choice of Graflex conversion kits from Blast-tec (yodashouse). You can choose from either of his Luke ANH kits (GX-1 or GX-2 on his site) or his Luke ESB kit (GX-3 on his site). (take a look at http://www.blast-tech.com/products_packagedKits.asp)

2. Tripoli has donated an Iron Man Arc Reactor paperweight, and Jedifyfe has donated an Iron Man Newspaper,Rollingstone Cover,Forbes Cover, Newsweek Cover, and Ghalmera photo set.

3. Skaught has donated one of his great IG-88 head casts.

4. Hotshot has donated Scout Trooper gloves and resin blaster.

5. Ripcode has donated a Graflex 3-cell Sychronizer Battery Case. (the kind used as the base for the "Holiday special" Luke lightsaber.)

6. Gunnerk19 has donated Burger King ROTS wristwatches, and Jcoffman99 has donated Burger King ROTS cups of various sizes . (the cups are unused .)

I ask that when you consider what prizes you want, when the contest is over, that you please select something you really want, and not just because it's the most expensive. This is not a rule, I would just like to see folks get stuff they will enjoy, rather then taking something someone else wants, only to turn around and sell it. )

Sorry for so many rules, but many of these rules answer question I've already been asked about the contest, and I remember these kinds of things asked in the last "$1 store" contest years ago (hosted by another member). Hopefully I've covered just about everything, but if not, let me know. Also, I'm sorry if you're not happy with the rules, but they are the rules for the duration of this particular contest, changing them mid stream would not be fare to all involved.

Thanks for taking the time to read all the rules, and ............ LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!!!

Well I was number 14. I had a great time with the contest. Everyone who entered did a wonderful job. Thanks for everyone who participated in the voting. Also thank you to everyone who donated prizes. Since I get to choose two.

I would like selection 1. a Greflex 3 cell flash, donated by Jediscout, along Graflex conversion kits from Blast-tec Luke ESB kit (GX-3 on his site). I don't currently have a ESB luke and would love to make one.

and Selection 2. Tripoli Iron Man Arc Reactor paperweight, and Jedifyfe Iron Man Newspaper,Rollingstone Cover,Forbes Cover, Newsweek Cover, and Ghalmera photo set. I Love all things Iron man.

Once again thanks so much and I will start a thread soon with build pictures of the saber.

Congrats to the winners!!

I was #11. Didn't get any votes, but I had a heck of a lotta fun and can't wait to to do it again next year. It was harder than I thought dusting off the old scratchbuilding/hardware style saber building skills.

I gotta say I'm shocked so many of us tried to do a full interior build as well, was amazing!

Mine was #19, the rancor-tooth model. I was very happy with my hilt, even though I felt way outclassed when I saw some of the others. This is the first one I've ever completed from scratch - my first attempt is basically a lead pipe with reflective tape, that broke the first time I tried to wear it. I think I might rework the sculpt of the tooth itself and make a resin copy, then add a better emitter and switch. I must say, I'm very glad that there was at least someone voting who likes the Expanded Universe!

Edited to ask: So should everyone start their own build thread or do you want one thread featuring all the photos of our parts?

I'm number 7. This was the 3rd custom saber I've ever built.

Since first place winner number 14 has already claimed selections 1 and 2, (which would have been my first choices as well)

4. Scout Trooper gloves and resin blaster.

3. IG-88 head cast.

5.Graflex 3-cell Sychronizer Battery Case

6. ROTS wristwatches, Burger King ROTS cups

Can I just say thank you to Jason1976 for organising this. I thoroughly enjoyed watching all this unfold. Great fun.

I'm number 7. This was the 3rd custom saber I've ever built.

Since first place winner number 14 has already claimed selections 1 and 2, (which would have been my first choices as well)

4. Scout Trooper gloves and resin blaster.

3. IG-88 head cast.

5.Graflex 3-cell Sychronizer Battery Case

6. ROTS wristwatches, Burger King ROTS cups

Yes, those are the prizes that remain, I need the second place winner to chose one of them, and then I'll need you to pic one from whatever is left after that, and so on. :) (prize number 5 is the Graflex tube style used for the x-mas special saber. Just wanted to mention that, becasue it is much cooler then it sounds on the above list. :) )

If you have not alread started, I do hope all that entered will show off any info, pics, tutorials, etc, on their sabers, in therir own threads, or in this one. (witch ever they feel best about. :) )

And, Yes, I do think this will be a yearly thing. I wanted to wait until it was all said and dune, to make sure it wasn't going to be a headache, before I side for sure, but it ended up being a lot of fun for me too, and it really wasn't any trouble at all, so I would be happy to host it each year, for as long as people still have interest in it. :) We worked out a lot of bugs this year, so next year should run even smoother.

I really am sorry that some folks got no votes. I really did like many of the no vote sabers. I am very, VERY, impressed by ALL the entries.

My entry was 18. This was a lot of fun, and everyone's entries impressed me. I would have liked those scout trooper gloves and blaster, or even that IG-88 headcast, but I'll wait to see what unfolds. Can't wait to enter the next one.

Congratulations to the winners. Great work by everyone. Truly inspiring.

I really hope this becomes a regular event. Maybe next time the challenge can be to make a screen accurate Vader costume for a fiver...?

Arrrgggghhhh the day the winners are announced happened to be one of the 3 days in the last 3 months I was working in the field and not sitting at my computer in the office all day!!

Anyways, I'm #15.
Thanks to everyone for voting, everyone who donated the great prizes, and jason1976 for getting this together! I had a blast putting my lightsaber together and will put up a build thread soon if anyone's interested.

I'd like prize selection 4, the scout blaster and gloves from Hotshot. I've got a biker scout costume in the (very very early) works so that will come in super handy.

And awesome entries from everyone, those are all some great builds! The reveal sabers were very cool and jedi master adam's was truly impressive and unexpected. Great job to all and thanks again!

Upon further reflection, I'm choosing prize 5, Graflex 3-cell Sychronizer Battery Case. I've got one, but it goes with the flash on my Busch Pressman camera, so I need another one to convert.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back