Anakin Starkiller RoTJ Hero Finishing Tutorial Thread

Looks great.

Inigo Gil has modeled some fantastic alternatives for the 3d printed plastic parts that should give some great detailed build options for folks

_nc_ohc=91U39ckk1XQAX_xAl0N&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Just wanted to show my finished Halliwax Hero build. As always, he did an awesome job. Sadly, I didn't think to take any WIP pics... thanks again for doing such an outstanding job, man!

I included a couple shots of the Hero next to my V2 for a size comparison for anyone who was curious.

Thanks man! Love it beside the v2, like a “father an son” photo

Finally got mine finshed up. I'm frankly appalling at painting these sort of things (I find doing the rings next to impossible for some reason. Even when following the tips and instructions from the pros here) and it has some imperfections, but it come out good enough for my personal collection. Vintage card in the box too.

UK based and I used Montana Gold (maker), Matt Gold (colour) from Fat Buddha Store in Scotland.

FCF5337F-E458-44C9-8789-17647DC47A6C.jpeg

Finally got mine finshed up. I'm frankly appalling at painting these sort of things (I find doing the rings next to impossible for some reason. Even when following the tips and instructions from the pros here) and it has some imperfections, but it come out good enough for my personal collection. Vintage card in the box too.

UK based and I used Montana Gold (maker), Matt Gold (colour) from Fat Buddha Store in Scotland.

View attachment 1283683

came out great! ill add this combo to the euro section! thank you

Euro paint section updated, thank you everyone who has shared their color combos!

Did the replacement trirings thing ever happen?

I painted my brass neck over the last week and finally thought I was done, took the tape off and a big chunk on one of the underside lips chipped right off.

Did the replacement trirings thing ever happen?

I painted my brass neck over the last week and finally thought I was done, took the tape off and a big chunk on one of the underside lips chipped right off.

If I remember correctly I don't think they can be shipped out yet as he travels out of NY to post things. I may be wrong though.

Thanks for the shoutouts! I’m still trying to figure out all the details on my fx conversion. I’m probably a few weeks out from getting a working model, hopefully. The main banana sled still needs revisions for the switch/LED contact pads and an upper neopixel pogo pin surprise.
I got a coop project that ate into my starkiller hero fx. I'll get back to it once I install the "coop".
20200410_133915.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back