Anakin Starkiller RoTJ Hero Finishing Tutorial Thread

Had to strip it guys.. the video is so messed up it’s faster for me to strip the ring section, stencil and start over.

Adjustments.jpg

I saved all the booster footage, but I started backwards not realizing...

Pretty sure they painted black first then the gold, I got some hard evidence of this. In the video I sprayed gold first.. messed up masking it off, instead of stripping it and starting over I filmed a “revision” and threw it in front of it.. it was a hack job.. bothered me that I was showing the masking job wrong..

Then the whole ring section not recorded.. I said enough.. and just starting from a solid foundation

I’m so sorry guys, I’ve literally lost my mind. Can’t tell ya what day it is

It is still very fun doing this, I just don’t want everyone thinking I’m dragging my feet because it’s not the case

I promise I’ll have this out very very soon, working on this and V2s while waiting for it to dry..

20200314_154836.jpg

Static done! Now to the fx! Thanks Halliwax for the videos and writeups. I've been working on making the boxes interchangeable. I have a spring loaded contact pin holder stl for printing. It mates to contact pads on the chassis. The box to hilt screws are going to need a trim.
20200307_172627.jpg

20200307_182856.jpg

Chillax, Halliwax. No one’s holding you to a timetable, here. The fact that you do this at all—and are both humble and passionate about it—is more than we deserve.

Take some time for you! No worries.

thank you, those are very kind words!

keep up the great work buddy!!
Thanks, you too!

I'm working on my yuma lever right now. I got the thing almost filed down enough to be a slide switch. Still stiff. I'll try to make a stl for the yuma adapter that houses switches needed and a 3 contact pin adapter-I think halliwax already did this. The slide switch is the tough nut to crack. I think I like the graflex slide switch solution-very similar.

The big difference between the two boxes is the pin out. The Hero in my configuration has 5: capacitive touch button 1, 2, common positive lead for LEDs, Led (-) red triangle, LED (-) green triangle. The yuma only has 3: common ground for the switches, lever switch, screw switch.

Thanks, you too!

I'm working on my yuma lever right now. I got the thing almost filed down enough to be a slide switch. Still stiff. I'll try to make a stl for the yuma adapter that houses switches needed and a 3 contact pin adapter-I think halliwax already did this. The slide switch is the tough nut to crack. I think I like the graflex slide switch solution-very similar.

The big difference between the two boxes is the pin out. The Hero in my configuration has 5: capacitive touch button 1, 2, common positive lead for LEDs, Led (-) red triangle, LED (-) green triangle. The yuma only has 3: common ground for the switches, lever switch, screw switch.

I can send you my stl file of my slide switch box

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back