Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

Thanks Halliwax, this guide has helped me so much, just wanted to show my V2 off to get some opinions.

Also, Do I have to seal it with anything or do I just wait till after the stencils then seal it?

Should I darken any of the parts or do they look fine?

Thx everyone!

Attachments

• Attachment-1 (1).jpeg
    Attachment-1 (1).jpeg
    890.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    724.3 KB · Views: 173
Thanks Halliwax, this guide has helped me so much, just wanted to show my V2 off to get some opinions.

Also, Do I have to seal it with anything or do I just wait till after the stencils then seal it?

Should I darken any of the parts or do they look fine?

Thx everyone!

That looks awesome!!! Just seal it once the stencils and paint chip weathering is done ;)

Snagging them up!! Soloshold is the only one with a accurate mystery chunk!

When the SH V2 debuts the story will be revealed

The cone knob has been machined off a real one, that he borrowed from a friend

Long story short..

Halliwax is in love!!
:lol:
So SH have knowledge about the mystery chunk as I can’t see the knurling/corners in any available pics?

And I’m not saying it’s not accurate but the cone knob looks different to my eyes
Also, how will they attach with flat undersides?

:lol:
So SH have knowledge about the mystery chunk as I can’t see the knurling/corners in any available pics?

And I’m not saying it’s not accurate but the cone knob looks different to my eyes
Also, how will they attach with flat undersides?

I can’t go into details, but your all going to have to trust me when I say

“this is it!!!”

The whole story will be revealed once the V2 debuts.

They screw on with set screws

If the hole in the starkiller is too large, we can use a button cap screw on the inside of the pommel, and use that to hold the mystery chunk on

It won’t be hard to install them on the FX or builders kit

I can’t go into details, but your all going to have to trust me when I say

“this is it!!!”

The whole story will be revealed once the V2 debuts.

They screw on with set screws

If the hole in the starkiller is too large, we can use a button cap screw on the inside of the pommel, and use that to hold the mystery chunk on

It won’t be hard to install them on the FX or builders kit
Ahh cool! I best get them ordered then....

......so much V2 goodness coming that I might go crazy o_O

Is the Lever more accurate too do you know?

Last edited:
Hey Boss (Halliwax!), in the early parts of the thread you mentioned about a pal who didn't lacquer their v2 after chemcially aging it. Do we know how that turned out?

I'm very tempted to trial a KR v2 with the black paint baked on soo it woun't chip off but then with no lacquer so I can have that natural metal sheen rather than lacquering over (I did bake on paint for a SHv1 v2 and it was super hard wearing but was lacquered over the top).

When I was weathering the KR run the hilts sat for a month without lacquer without issue but they were really worked over with wire wool.

I have a picture in this thread somewhere of what happens, it’s pretty damn nasty

I actually forced my buddy to do seal his because It started to slowly begin to change color and pit, especially on the inside

And I told him I wouldn’t do it again, just to force him to seal it

If using a14 it is REQUIREMENT, not a option from the supplier to seal the aluminum...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back