Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

I'm planning to buy my A14 so that I can get my build started! Would anyone be able to tell me if the 8oz size will be enough for a single lightsaber?

I designed a aluminum plug that is machined to the inside diameter of the starkiller v2. I actually had a local shop give me a quote on having 50 made. And was planning on doing a “plug” run

But my real job has taken up all my time, and I still have to open up a legit business account for PayPal..

My plug has recess for the coneknob and set screws that hold the starkiller v2 together. It’s still at the shop, but I might have some pictures of it at home

It’s nothing fancy, just a cylinder that slides inside that fits tolerance tight
How heavy is the aluminum plug?

How heavy is the aluminum plug?

I honestly forgot.. I was using a scale I used for my bike parts to weigh it..

It was a very simple design, I made 2. One that went into the booster section and the cone knob locked it in place

And the second was more weight accurate to the v2, having it stop above the clamp section because the original is hollow for the motor to sit in there

Also had a 8mm hope running down the middle like the original to try and match the weigh

I really need to swing by that shop and pick it up or at least grab a picture..

I’m working right now on replacing my 3d printed parts with machined aluminum for my personal legend, so this has been on the back burner

Big news guys! Goth3designs has come to our aide!! He’s released his anakin starkiller v2 crystal chamber chassis!!!

FD42027F-0BFC-410F-A256-37080A3B9657.jpeg

Cool! Do you know if this fits the AS builders kit?

And will there ever be another AS V2 run?

I’m almost 100% certain it will fit the builders kit

I am ordering my kit Friday night, once I get it I’ll confirm if it does

I’m 99.9% it will

But I notice we have a bigger problem...

The goth chassis has the speaker in the pommel... Starkiller’s pommel does not have sound vents.. so we have to make our own sound vents in the pommel

...buuuuut I’m working as we speak to see a easier solution.. I’ll update once I hear back

And will there ever be another AS V2 run?

From what Dan told me “I’m never doing another v2 unless I get to see it in person”

So I am pretty sure he’s all done with V2’s

He did..

Gen1
Gen2
Gen3 (unibody)
Gen1 FX
Gen1 Builders Kit

That’s 5 runs of V2’s since 2015 lol the guy was pumping them out

He only has a small amount left if you don’t have one you can grab one at

Atstarsend.com

I’m 99.9% it will

The goth chassis has the speaker in the pommel... Starkiller’s pommel does not have sound vents.. so we have to make our own sound vents in the pommel

...buuuuut I’m working as we speak to see a easier solution.. I’ll update once I hear back

I'm looking to do my first conversion. Do you know what electronics the Goth chassis supports?

Sean

Excellent! Thanks!

Sean

the adapter hasn't been proven yet, but if for some reason it doesn't work I'm going to just print my own adapter. mine is going to be CFX

biggest hurdle is the pommel.. really don't want to machine sound vents in it.. even though i got a ton of these in my display case lol

I’m 99.9% it will

Great, hopefully it will fit. I hadn’t thought about the lack of venting and will look forward to your update

From what Dan told me “I’m never doing another v2 unless I get to see it in person”

So I am pretty sure he’s all done with V2’s

He did..

Gen1
Gen2
Gen3 (unibody)
Gen1 FX
Gen1 Builders Kit

That’s 5 runs of V2’s since 2015 lol the guy was pumping them out

He only has a small amount left if you don’t have one you can grab one at

Atstarsend.com

Didn’t realise he’d done so many.
I think the one I have is the builders kit, you did confirm this but with a different lever which I’ve now changed to a wannawanga one and added a chunk from KR sabers.

It never had the milling mark or a mystery chunk.....

....Would the ones available now have the mark/chunk and are they different to mine other than that?

Sorry for all the questions

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Didn’t realise he’d done so many.
I think the one I have is the builders kit, you did confirm this but with a different lever which I’ve now changed to a wannawanga one and added a chunk from KR sabers.

It never had the milling mark or a mystery chunk.....

....Would the ones available now have the mark/chunk and are they different to mine other than that?

Sorry for all the questions

congratulations! you are a owner of a V2 + V3 builders kit!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back